Steve Hites Performing on ships docked in Skagway

lightasafeather

For those that have not seen Steve Hites' performance, you don't know what you are missing. He is a one man show and sings folk songs about Alaska - seversl specific to Skagway others more traditional. He is funny, entertaining and educational. Just him and his guitar. Looks like he will be on the Star this year - just before we leave Skagway - (May 24). I think he does a lot - if not all of the ships in Skagway. Highy recommend making his show.

Dear Sandy,

Thank you very much for your email. Yes, I will be performing on the Star Princess on when you come to Skagway. My show will be 3:45 to 4:25 in the Explorer’s Lounge (I think!). I hope to see you there, and meet your son and his wife.

Best Regards,

Steve Hites

Skagway, Alaska

For those that have not seen Steve Hites' performance, you don't know what you are missing. He is a one man show and sings folk songs about Alaska ....

We saw him last year on the Island Princess and really enjoyed his show! Very entertaining.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has seen Steve Hites on ships recently. I enjoyed his show a few years ago & would like my sister to see him when we go in July on the NCL Jewel.

I certainly hope so. We enjoyed his music and storytelling on our 2012 cruise. He is listed as one of the 'real Alaskans' performing in Skagway on the Princess website: https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/onboard-experience/. Click on 'learn more about real Alaskans onboard.' I don't know if he performs on other lines too.

I certainly hope so. We enjoyed his music and storytelling on our 2012 cruise. He is listed as one of the 'real Alaskans' performing in Skagway on the Princess website: https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/onboard-experience/. Click on 'learn more about real Alaskans onboard.' I don't know if he performs on other lines too.

Thank you so much for posting this link. Seeing how much I have to look forward to has made me even more excited (which I didn't think was possible) about our upcoming Princess cruise/tour. I want to do it ALL!

Thank you so much for posting this link. Seeing how much I have to look forward to has made me even more excited (which I didn't think was possible) about our upcoming Princess cruise/tour. I want to do it ALL!

I hope you have a memorable cruise and tour!

This will be our 3rd Princess Alaska cruise in 11 years and I"m even more excited than I was for the first cruise (which was a cruise tour) because I have a good idea of what to expect and know it will be wonderful. Just as important, this year we are bringing our 2 kids, their spouses and our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter with us to introduce them to the beauty of Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived on the Grand Princess in Skagway on May 21st and Steve Hites did his performance for us in the Explorer's Lounge before sailing. It was a fantastic show, and I ended up purchasing his CD, which has been very enjoyable to listen to since arriving home! I hope to get to see him perform again next time we are in Alaska!