Problems with Rervation system

Anyone else having problems with booking online.

Last night I tried to use American Express reservations system and after going through the entire process, when I hit "submit payment" it came with a message about having difficulty contacting the RCCL systems. I tried again a few minutes ago with the same results

I then went to RCCL web site and using advanced search in only came back with Brilliance of the seas as having Caribbean cruises available this November.

Last night I tried to use American Express reservations system and after going through the entire process, when I hit "submit payment" it came with a message about having difficulty contacting the RCCL systems. I tried again a few minutes ago with the same results

I then went to RCCL web site and using advanced search in only came back with Brilliance of the seas as having Caribbean cruises available this November.

I just tried to pay and everytime I try to log in it takes me to a 'contact us' page. Grrr I want to give them my money and I can't.

I just tried to pay and everytime I try to log in it takes me to a 'contact us' page. Grrr I want to give them my money and I can't.

It seems like almost every link I click brings me to "contact us" :rolleyes:

Looks like the systems may be coming back online. About, an hour, I called American Express Platinum Services and she was able to "book" my cruise but she said don't expect a confirmation from them until tomorrow. However I got a confirmation a few minutes ago from AMEX.

Checked RCCL website and did a search like I did earlier today and actually got expected results.

Looks like the systems may be coming back online. About, an hour, I called American Express Platinum Services and she was able to "book" my cruise but she said don't expect a confirmation from them until tomorrow. However I got a confirmation a few minutes ago from AMEX.

Checked RCCL website and did a search like I did earlier today and actually got expected results.

Fuffff

Well now they can jolly well wait. I am booking flights for a trip to Kathmandu.

When I use to buy my cruises directly from RC I would always end up calling.

save yourself a headache and call

enjoy your cruise

When I use to buy my cruises directly from RC I would always end up calling.

save yourself a headache and call

enjoy your cruise

I would but I have to book through UK because we are an overseas dependent territory so I have to pay an international rate which is not very favourably priced.

RCCL website is the worst I have ever seen....

Tried to book our cruise - everything fine - but system refuses credit card.

Had to call - and they were not able to insert CC. They had to "rebuilt" the complete reservation, cancel the other one.

Then I tried to make a reservation for speciality restaurant. No chance. Neither with firefox nor with Internet explorer...

Would like to "refer a friend" - not possible....

Send them an email. 7 days ago. Got an autoresponder - but never an answer.

Had the same experience last year.

In my mind: The one and only thing on a website that should work is the button "buy". Unfortunately this is the button that never works proper on the RCCL website.

(often they are "unable to retrieve reservation"....)

I don´t like their website....

Wendy

RCCL website is the worst I have ever seen....

Tried to book our cruise - everything fine - but system refuses credit card.

Had to call - and they were not able to insert CC. They had to "rebuilt" the complete reservation, cancel the other one.

Then I tried to make a reservation for speciality restaurant. No chance. Neither with firefox nor with Internet explorer...

Would like to "refer a friend" - not possible....

Send them an email. 7 days ago. Got an autoresponder - but never an answer.

Had the same experience last year.

In my mind: The one and only thing on a website that should work is the button "buy". Unfortunately this is the button that never works proper on the RCCL website.

(often they are "unable to retrieve reservation"....)

I don´t like their website....

Wendy

Oh how I agree

After being told that my country was not correct a dozen times I ended up paying by phone. I did not like listening to the fact that my call was important ... for 10 minutes, and then how many options did I have:eek: 7 at least twice.

The nice lady called Jade was more than helpful, but I just knew that the phone bill was an extra charge I could have done without.

Went to look at a cruise we have booked for Sept 2013 and RCI site says no rooms available. I called them and it's showing them the same thing - nothing available 16 months out. They say the ship is not sched for drydock and it is not showing as being chartered. Guess I will just have to wait a few days and see what happens.

Oh how I agree

After being told that my country was not correct a dozen times I ended up paying by phone. I did not like listening to the fact that my call was important ... for 10 minutes, and then how many options did I have:eek: 7 at least twice.

The nice lady called Jade was more than helpful, but I just knew that the phone bill was an extra charge I could have done without.

Thank you thank you thank you!

First time that happened I thought I was too stupid to type my credit card number! (And I type it very often - tried another one - and I am very skilled using the internet, buying online, I am the sysadmin in our office - so I think, it was not my fault!)

Seems we both spoke to "Jade" at RCCL - she was very nice and helpful. But I think, to have a long dist. call from germany to the US (OK, Skype is not too expensive, but the time difference....) is annoying.

Wendy

Archived