Upsells & Flight Question

kcanada

We just made our final payment on our Aug. 8th Regatta cruise, Pearls of the Aegean. When does Oceania contact you if they have available cabins for upsell? From looking at the Oceania website, it looks like the cruise is far from sold out. We are in concierge, but might be interested in going to Penthouse if the price is right.

Also, now that we have made final payment should I be able to view my flight info on the Oceania website? When I log in, it states that my flight info is not yet available. We paid the flight deviation and picked our flights. I am curious about our seats and want to ensure we got the correct flights. Any insight on when we can expect to see it online would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We just made our final payment on our Aug. 8th Regatta cruise, Pearls of the Aegean. When does Oceania contact you if they have available cabins for upsell? From looking at the Oceania website, it looks like the cruise is far from sold out. We are in concierge, but might be interested in going to Penthouse if the price is right.

Also, now that we have made final payment should I be able to view my flight info on the Oceania website? When I log in, it states that my flight info is not yet available. We paid the flight deviation and picked our flights. I am curious about our seats and want to ensure we got the correct flights. Any insight on when we can expect to see it online would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Let your travel agent know you are interrested in any upsell offers that might have on your sailing. There might be none. When you discuss this with your agent you might give them a price range and have them accept on your behalf becasue these offers are on a first to accept basis so you can miss out if there is a delay in communication and only a few offers and much interest.

As for flights I have not ever seen them in a booking on O's website. Always been a bit of a mystery. I know the link is there but never had any info. That said I have not rechecked recently nor as it got closer to travel time because manage better elsewhere.

At the bottom of your Deviation Request in the fine print there may be info to check 'virtually there' website or such and login info. If not ask your agent. I've used that or another website and it tracks your flight info, lists the seats and links to the airlines

As your TA for a copy of your deviation reservation. It will have a record locator so you MAY be able to reserve your seats (depending on the airline).

Oceania does not get your booking ticketed until 30 days before the flight. Therefore if you want to use FF miles to upgrade you have to wait until it is ticketed.

Upsells may be available now. Don't be shy. Call your travel agent. An additional $1000 (total) got people on my cruise from B and A Cabins to Penthouses 65 days out. If you are particular about location, time is of the essence.

Mark

I am not sure about two weeks out, they may do even better. Look at how earlier cruises are filling to get some gage on when it might be too late. It may turn out to be a soft season in the Mediterranean all summer.

As your TA for a copy of your deviation reservation. It will have a record locator so you MAY be able to reserve your seats (depending on the airline).

Oceania does not get your booking ticketed until 30 days before the flight. Therefore if you want to use FF miles to upgrade you have to wait until it is ticketed.

While Paul's idea will work, there is an easier way to check your seats and change them if you like. You deviated so you know the airline and flight numbers you agreed to. While the booking record is nice to have, the airline can find your reservation with only the flight number and your names.

Give the airline a call and talk to the reservation person and give them the flight number and your names and they should be able to help you from there. No need to wait. Please be aware, if you are on British Air and flying coach, they won't give you a seat until I think 24 hours prior to the flight unless you are elite with that airline. Probably other airlines with that or similar policies but, your call should give you that info.

No need to involve anyone else and you can change to any available seat if you like.

Please be aware, if you are on British Air and flying coach, they won't give you a seat until I think 24 hours prior to the flight unless you are elite with that airline.

..or you have OW status (Emerald or Sapphire), in which case you can get an assigned seat at any time.

Thanks!

For my July 17th Regatta cruise, My TA notify me this week of available upgrade from oceanview (wait listed) to concierge veranda level for $1000 for 2 persons.

Saying that, check to see if your cabin category is wait listed. If it is not, it would be doubtful that you will be offered an upsell !

Archived