Another 'Gift' option for sailing guests

HI Ladies,

Just wanted to throw this out there for you all as another option for a thank you gift for your sailing guests. My FH and I are going to host a 'cocktail hour' on one of the sea days. I am doing this instead of the 'OOT Bags'. On the Magic, it is only $12 per person for 1 hour open bar. You can book it through Carnival Groups department or your travel agent. :) One less thing to worry about, nothing extra to carry on board. And everyone has a chance to be together as a group.

As a person who has been to many weddings, I think this is a great idea. I don't need any more stuff, and I don't want the bride and groom spending a lot of time and money for a gift for me on their day. Much more fun to socialize for an hour!

Isnt it free if you have 8 cabins booked as one of the perks?

That's how it is with ours too. We are having one and we are on the Magic. I would check with your travel agent. That should really be a perk instead of something you pay for.

I did this on a group cruise on the Splendor in May 2010. We actually had less than the 20 person minimum, but we end ended up paying a few dollars extra to cover the difference and it was well worth it.

They gave me a choice of locations and times. We chose the disco from 6 - 7 PM on embarkation day (we were late seating). There was a ton of space. At first there was ONE bartender and he was definitely taking his time - only 3 or 4 people go drinks in the first 15 min of the hour. The social host stopped by and saw what was happening. She called in the Assistant Bar Manager and TWO additional bartenders to take care of us. Two made drinks to order the other two filled trays of standard drinks like those you see at the cocktail parties. AND they extended our time to be an hour from when it was fully staffed. We also tipped everyone extra as a thank you.

The social host also called me a day or two later to let me know that if we wanted to arrange another for later in the week, she'd be happy to work with us. We didn't, but I really appreciated her reaching out.

Archived