What Do The Captain's Quarters Look Like?

Rubrrick,

Just curious about your statement:

"The two Captains that rotate....one is a Senior Captain, and the other is his reliever, will work together to decorate the space that is comfortable between them."

Do you mean they rotate being on the bridge duiring the week, and that they share a cabin? (i can't imagine the captain shares a cabin)

or rotate meaning when the senior captain is on vacation?(I assume this is what you mean)

Thanks

Rubrrick,

Just curious about your statement:

"The two Captains that rotate....one is a Senior Captain, and the other is his reliever, will work together to decorate the space that is comfortable between them."

Do you mean they rotate being on the bridge duiring the week, and that they share a cabin? (i can't imagine the captain shares a cabin)

or rotate meaning when the senior captain is on vacation?(I assume this is what you mean)

Thanks

I can answer this one!

Each ship has 2 Captains. They were in 10 week shifts. That way they get plenty of vacation time! If you look on here for the Captains list you can see which capt. you will have ~ within reason. We will be sailing with the famous Capt. Johnny next week.

Here is the link if you are interested. I am a total geek/nerd and love learning about stuff :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441813

Oh as to that not wanting to share photos.

My baby brother is a high ranking officer in the AF. He has been deployed a few times to Iraq and Afghanistan. Due to his job he had a constant team of body guards with him ~ they were NOT boy scouts and I will leave it at that :p

I am extremely proud of my little brother and have tons of photos he has sent me of him at different locations around the middle east. Some are more tourist like photos of landmarks and some are of his office in Sadam's old palace.

Even though I am gaga proud of him I could not or want to share those photos on the Internet. I do not even have them framed and put up in my house.

When I look at them, I remember his body guards all have families and they would not want their own brother/son put at a higher risk so I keep them to myself :D

I am sure Rick is the same way ...to a lesser degree security wise but its still the same. If some "bad guy" knew where the capt hangs his hat and the layout of that room... scary stuff.

Oh as to that not wanting to share photos.

My baby brother is a high ranking officer in the AF. He has been deployed a few times to Iraq and Afghanistan. Due to his job he had a constant team of body guards with him ~ they were NOT boy scouts and I will leave it at that :p

I am extremely proud of my little brother and have tons of photos he has sent me of him at different locations around the middle east. Some are more tourist like photos of landmarks and some are of his office in Sadam's old palace.

Even though I am gaga proud of him I could not or want to share those photos on the Internet. I do not even have them framed and put up in my house.

When I look at them, I remember his body guards all have families and they would not want their own brother/son put at a higher risk so I keep them to myself :D

I am sure Rick is the same way ...to a lesser degree security wise but its still the same. If some "bad guy" knew where the capt hangs his hat and the layout of that room... scary stuff.

I too agree about the posting of the pics!!!

Please thank your brother and his guards for protecting all of us!!!

Tim

I can answer this one!

Each ship has 2 Captains. They were in 10 week shifts. That way they get plenty of vacation time! If you look on here for the Captains list you can see which capt. you will have ~ within reason. We will be sailing with the famous Capt. Johnny next week.

Here is the link if you are interested. I am a total geek/nerd and love learning about stuff :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441813

Brook, please be sure to report back with Captain Johnny's latest predictions, especially any about the Sunshine Project ships. :D

I too agree about the posting of the pics!!!

Please thank your brother and his guards for protecting all of us!!!

Tim

I am beyond proud of my baby brother (he is 39) as he is one of the youngest officers to make Colonial in the Air Force!

Funny story about those "Body Guards"

My brother invited our family to one his deployments to see him off. When we got there we were able to meet and all with his team of body guards.

My mother, who is a HYSTERICALLY funny women, kept telling my brother, "Do you see that big guy? YOU HIDE BEHIND HIM DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME??!!!"

The hysterical part is that my bother was the lead to all of the younger soldiers. He was the commanding officer at the time. Yup, there were many 18 year olds laughing their butts off and teasing my brother over his mommy.

For some strange reason that was the last deployment he invited us to.... :p

We did the behind the scenes tour on Jewel and the captain showed us round his quarters. He had an office area with computer, big desk and pic of his Harley. He then had small galley kitchen area too.

There was also bedroom and bathroom, and then a big living are with large sofas and a big dining table in it.

The quarters were just down some stairs from the bridge, as we went directly there from visiting the bridge.

I saw Captain Johnny on his motorcycle riding through the Solarium on Friday afternoon. He must have been overjoyed because we finally had sunshine! I listened to him at two events on our rainy cruise (including Friday morning in the rain before the sun finally appeared at noon) and the search for sunshine was getting a lot of resigned grins and headshakes from all the crew. Lord knows his predication for only cloudy skies for St. Thomas so he could go play golf caused the skies to open wide as soon as people started getting off the ship. It really got to be funny!

On our Navigator TA we were given a tour of the Officers quarters. They said that was the first time offering the tour. It was offered to suite guests and upper tier C&A Members. there were 4 cabins which included the Captains, Staff Captains, Hotel Directors, and the Chief Engineers. Each one was in their respective cabin to answer questions and to have pictures taken. There was also lots of booze and food to be had in each cabin. It was very enlightening.

I saw Captain Johnny on his motorcycle riding through the Solarium on Friday afternoon. He must have been overjoyed because we finally had sunshine! I listened to him at two events on our rainy cruise (including Friday morning in the rain before the sun finally appeared at noon) and the search for sunshine was getting a lot of resigned grins and headshakes from all the crew. Lord knows his predication for only cloudy skies for St. Thomas so he could go play golf caused the skies to open wide as soon as people started getting off the ship. It really got to be funny!

I am hoping he does pull out his Harley on our sailing. My boys (and hubby) are huge car/racing/bike fans. They would get a kick out of it for sure.

I most likely will take the moment to soak in an empty hot tub while everyone else on the ship is watching... though knowing my luck he would be driving that thing strait to the solarium :eek:

I was giggling at seeing all the camera's in the open for such a "private" event. LOL

On our Navigator TA we were given a tour of the Officers quarters. They said that was the first time offering the tour. It was offered to suite guests and upper tier C&A Members. there were 4 cabins which included the Captains, Staff Captains, Hotel Directors, and the Chief Engineers. Each one was in their respective cabin to answer questions and to have pictures taken. There was also lots of booze and food to be had in each cabin. It was very enlightening.

On my tour of QE2 Captain McNaught's day room, he was fine with us taking photo's, and even gladly posed with anyone that wanted a photo with him.

So I can help with location. When we did a bridge tour I noticed a door right before you make a left to the door that leads into the bridge. It had the Captains name on the door, it was more of a slide in plaque of sort, it was either his office or his office/Cabin. I also noticed that when we went out of the bridge and went the other direction there was another door just like the opposite side, but it had the Captains name on it who was not on the ship, but on vacation. This post makes no sense, but it helps with location I think. But this is a great question.

When we toured the bridge on the AOS with others that had been dinner guest of the Captain the night before, we walked past an open door next to the bridge. As you walk to the bridge, this door was to the right. Peaking inside, we saw a large marble foyer with small columns leading to a living area beyond. When the tour guide saw that we were about to snap photos, he quickly closed the door and said that he didn't know if the Captain would appreciate anyone taking photos of his personal quarters. Here is what the door plaque said. And then the Captain Ron! :)

1286030184_AOSOctober09311.jpg.d9d115230c2544506976f7ff4ddc90b2.jpg

1682855479_AOSOctober09310.jpg.ed3fa6669a6e23e17b1c85e8350b3c43.jpg

If you can identify this Captain, who is next to my DW, on a friends sailing yacht, you might understand why we have been there. Sorry yogimax, no boasting.

I know the answer to this one! Just waiting for him to get moved off Rhapsody back to a Florida based ship so we can sail with him again!

828927138_meCaptRickJim.jpg.b93d29eccb9685cbda7a6f64f51266b1.jpg

Archived