SPIRIT to ALASKA May 8 - 15 Review ... LOVED IT!!!

We saw you in Ketchikan

phpFEhx1FPM.jpg

HELLO!!!!

Add your comments and review thoughts too!!! I know we all have differing points of view!!! Please add your comments and experiences!!!

Amazing photos!

THANK YOU!!! I wish they would truly convey how it really looks!!!

Loving the review, we are doing Rhapsody of The Seas in June.

I'm so jealous!!! You're gonna LOVE IT!!!

Great review and love the pictures.

Thank you!!! I've got so many, I'm hoping I'm not boring everyone!!!

Can't wait for more.

THANK YOU!!! You know how fun it is to cruise... and this one was FABULOUS!!!!

My plan is to take him out to eat and already have our luggage packed and in our son-in-laws trunk then after dinner...they will take us to the airport and SUPRISE!! I figure if i already have his boss not schedule him and have it all planned it will be sooo much fun to just wisk him away!! Wish someone would do that for me someday! ;)

I'm going to be praying that someday you're surprised with a cruise!!! I know how I would feel!!!

I think you're doing a great job!!! He'll love it!!!

Your hubby and my hubby share the same birthday. Altho my hubby is just a bit older.

I think any cruise to Alaska is a trip of a lifetime. We have cruised on the Spirit a few times (love it) and have cruised Tracy Arm (love it too) with Princess. Next year May 2013 we are going on the Westerdam round trip out of Seattle as it includes Glacier Bay and Sitka which we have not been to before.

Have fun planning. The photos and the review are adding to everyone's excitement of Alaska.

I want to do the Glacier bay cruise someday! And a Cruise Tour cruise so I can see more of Alaska!! I have fallen in love with the sights!!!

Thanks for the review, I can only hope that we have a similar experience on our AK cruise in 2 weeks.

TWO WEEKS??? TWO WEEKS???? WOW!!!

Have a BLAST!!!!

Wow, Lambknuckles!

Your photos are making my stomach do flip flops in anticipation of our cruise on the Spirit in 1 month and 2 days! :p

It is hard to believe the raw beauty of nature in Alaska is real and we will be seeing it soon!

Soooo excited! Thanks for reving us up! :D

It'll be here before you know it!!! If you have any questions or I don't mention something you need to know, please ask anything!!!

You'll be in these places soon!!!!

Nice! Thanks for the post!:) Keep it coming......

Thank you for looking and reading!!!

absolutely LOVING your review and all of your pictures!!!

Alaska is due to be crossed off my bucket list (if all things go as planned) Summer 2014....

You also seem like such a fun person to cruise with!!

Thank you!!! I love cruising and I try to be sure anyone that's with me has FUN FUN FUN!!!

You'll love the cruise... you'll love Alaska!!! I will go back with my DD! Probably in 2014, too!!!

Me too!! I sure hope the Spirit will still be available. After looking at all these photos, I find myself really liking the decor.

I only WISH the SPIRIT would still be doing this cruise!!! But she's heading to Australia after this Alaska season... that's why they created the Thunder from Down Under, GREEN THUNDER Slide!!! ... and why Stu, the Cruise Director is so excited to be within an hour of his home and family!!!

Spirit is going to Australia for year round cruises in October of this year. Miracle will be doing Alaskan cruise starting next year.

Yep... She'll be missed!!!

As an added note ... the Miracle is the sister ship to the Spirit so is laid out the same just different decor.

Good to know. I love the one MDR and being able to walk from aft forward without stairs or elevator...

Me too!! I sure hope the Spirit will still be available. After looking at all these photos, I find myself really liking the decor.

I only wish she was!!!

Love the pictures! Different from what we saw on the Spirit from Vancouver. I may have to book another cruise to Alaska!

Keep it coming!

THANK YOU!!! Yep, you got to see Glacier Bay and Sitka... That's something I'd like to see!!! But I'm grateful you debarked and let us on!!!

:D

I finally got to read and see your review with pictures.

Loved it thought it was magnificent as you are

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks Chiefie!!! I really LOVED it!!! And I know, I'll head back with Mary!!!

wow!

hee hee hee... I KNOW that feeling... I was there and it was WOW!!!!

;)

The beauty in this world leaves me in awe! Thank you again.

What a GREAT way to say it!!! :) It does!!!!

You're welcome...

(... and, I love that you're a Jets fan!!! I guess I've been partial to them since Broadway Joe!!!)

I'm going to be praying that someday you're surprised with a cruise!!! I know how I would feel!!!

I think you're doing a great job!!! He'll love it!!!

I will not hold my breathe...but I would love to be suprised with something that I know he spent many hours planning...unfortunately, I am the only romantic in our marriage... He is wonderful in other ways though ;)

Lambie, you are really making me want to book a cruise to Alaska next yr. Love, love the pictures.

If anyone ever gets a chance to cruise with Lambie, please do it. She is a blast to cruise with. I have been on 2 with her and had a super time.

Lambie -- great, terrific wonderful! Am I bored? Let me check...umm, no not at all. :rolleyes: Love all the pictures!! The eagle is inspiring. When we were up there, DH and friend took a fishing excursion and caught a "too small" fish. As he threw it up in the air, an eagle swooped down and caught it in its beak. He continues to talk about that and our Alaskan cruise was in 1997!! Speaking of which, did the naturalist express concern about the glaciers melting? We were there in July and my pictures show much more snow and ice. In fact, there are no mountains or shrubs showing, all surfaces painted white and glistening. And the glaciers seemed to much higher than your pictures show. ?? Could the scientist be right about global warming? :eek:

Carry on, my friend!! I'm so glad my predictions came true and that you had an outstanding time!!:) Silver

WOW....just found this and have spent the past hour+ reading and seeing...THANK YOU. This is absolutely astounding. LOVE seeing Seattle. What gorgeous weather you had. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Spirit. LOVE Capt. Volpi too! I booked a B2B AK cruise a few years ago on the Spirit. We almost always cruise the Caribbean out of Manhattan because we live about 20 minutes from the cruise terminal and don't have to fly. Just jump in the car, out and onto the ship, but this was something I had always DREAMED of even tho any day it is below 65* I am freezing cold! :( Oh, the research I did...then we had a "severe finanacial setback" and had to cancel it. Stuff happens, we have done a few more cruises on Miracle out of NY, Spirit's sister ship, so I am not complaining, but in my heart, I will ALWAYS hope to win the lottery so I can cruise to Alaska! :p THANK YOU for allowing me to "do it" thru you. And btw, I LOVE a bit of "rock and roll" on the ship too! :) Miracle is exactly the same as the Spirit except for the colors, ESPECIALLY in the dining room! :eek::eek::eek: So anyone "upset" about losing the Spirit, Miracle is great too! (love the Spirit class ships!) Can't wait to read the rest and thank you again! Happy future cruising!

Spirit is going to Australia for year round cruises in October of this year. Miracle will be doing Alaskan cruise starting next year.

:( But at least Alaska and all her beauty will still be there. Guess I should start looking into the Miracle.

I too am enjoying your review a lot. We leave this Tuesday (May 29th) on this cruise and I cant wait. Its nice to get a "early look"

Cheryl

Have a great cruise! Spirit is a beautiful ship. Love the colors. I see you have done the Splendor which we booked for next year since she will be coming to NY. ;)

I will not hold my breathe...but I would love to be suprised with something that I know he spent many hours planning...unfortunately, I am the only romantic in our marriage... He is wonderful in other ways though ;)

I know how frustrating that must be. Maybe you should write him a story, a "How To..." step by step directions of booking a cruise, and surprising you. Then IF he ever wanted to do it... You'd be surprised WHEN it happened... maybe not how it happened!!!

Ah... Some guys are just guys... But I pray you enjoy and partake of HIS birthday surprise YOU're planning!!!

Lambie, you are really making me want to book a cruise to Alaska next yr. Love, love the pictures.

If anyone ever gets a chance to cruise with Lambie, please do it. She is a blast to cruise with. I have been on 2 with her and had a super time.

THANK YOU!!! I hope you do ALASKA!!! Maybe you and I will meet again aboard a ship and take ALASKA by surprise!!!

Lambie -- great, terrific wonderful! Am I bored? Let me check...umm, no not at all. :rolleyes: Love all the pictures!! The eagle is inspiring. When we were up there, DH and friend took a fishing excursion and caught a "too small" fish. As he threw it up in the air, an eagle swooped down and caught it in its beak. He continues to talk about that and our Alaskan cruise was in 1997!! Speaking of which, did the naturalist express concern about the glaciers melting? We were there in July and my pictures show much more snow and ice. In fact, there are no mountains or shrubs showing, all surfaces painted white and glistening. And the glaciers seemed to much higher than your pictures show. ?? Could the scientist be right about global warming? :eek:

Carry on, my friend!! I'm so glad my predictions came true and that you had an outstanding time!!:) Silver

The Mendenhall Glacier seemed bigger... but the only comments the naturalist made were that some glaciers are receeding and getting smaller. She didn't say that about the South Sawyer Glacier we saw.

I always wonder if the earth isn't in a "cycle" when we're warmer, and there will be a cycle, when we're colder... It's just the way of nature to have her ups and downs.

Along the water's edge, you can see the different sea levels, but some of this is the difference of high tide and low tide -- but some also is water levels going down, too!

I love the eagle and fish story!! WOW!!! I kept trying to get a picture of an eagle -- or any bird "fishing."

I am a huge long suffering Jet fan, but I love my team and tailgating so I wait like everyone else until September. (sigh) When Broadway Joe played I was a kid, but he was one of a kind!

I am so excited for this trip.