When do they put the Christmas tree up?

lightnin

I'm just curious...my five year old wants to go on a cruise during December so she can see the ship all decorated up for Christmas. Do they decorate the ship and/or include a Christmas tree anywhere on the ship for the month of December, or only on a special "holiday" itinerary, which would include Christmas Eve/Day only? Thanks in advance for your responses! This is a really important factor to determine which cruise we choose! :) P.S. We would be sailing out of Galveston.

On our Triumph cruise that left on Dec 10, 2011, they were decorating as we were boarding! It was pretty neat to watch and they had a special holiday show one night and they had snow in the atrium one day as well! Hope this helps!!

I have seen some reports last year that they began this around Thanksgiving but on my Thanksgiving cruise they had no decorations, I believe this was because we did a short 4 day itinerary. If you plan on sailing during December I am sure you will have no trouble with seeing Christmas decorations.

They did have the snow one night in the atrium during our cruise.

We were on the Dream on December 10th and they had Christmas trees all around the ship - there was one in the main dining room that I had a good view of that rocked as the ship was rocking (it was funny to watch and a cool indicator of how bad the ship rocked).

Last year our cruise on the Legend started on December 4th and they were decorating when we boarded. I was a little disappointed in the Christmas decorations. The christmas trees in the atrium were like 5 feet fall with no lights on them.

As one poster previously said they do have day where it snows in the atrium. That was pretty cool and one afternoon they had a christmas program with all the kids from Camp Carnival

I was on the same cruise w/ Wrigley80 -12/04/2011. The trees were a bit disappointing. But at the end of our cruise, it appeared they were putting up a village as pictured in Bobmal99's post. So that would have been for the 12/11/2011 sailing. IMHO, I'd shoot for mid Dec to get the full Christmas decor. There was a roll call member on our Legend cruise that found a schedule for when the ship's would be decorated, but I don't know where he found that schedule. Might try John Heald's pg. Good luck, I love to see the wonderment in children's faces for the holiday decor, makes us wish we were kids again.

We were on the Dream on December 10th and they had Christmas trees all around the ship - there was one in the main dining room that I had a good view of that rocked as the ship was rocking (it was funny to watch and a cool indicator of how bad the ship rocked).

Haha--I forgot all about the rocking tree--probably because of the night I rocked right into that lady trying to eat her meal. :o

Would luv to see more Christmas pics on the ships, it never crossed my mind to cruise in December because it such a busy month, but listening to everyone here its sounds so nice! Please post some pics if you have em'.

Happy Sailing,

Archived