Who else misses getting cruise docs in the mail?

bubbles1209

So would ya have minded paying extra to get cruise docs in the mail?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. So would ya have minded paying extra to get cruise docs in the mail?

• Yes, I would pay extra..miss the doc dance
    • Nah, makes me no difference

I am new to Carnival and didn't realize that you had to print them out. So, does that include luggage tags too??? Do you just use wide shipping tape to keep them on your luggage?? I don't mind printing:) I just don't want to screw it up, lol...

Go to Carnival's website....

Sign in........

And You will need your booking number...

Print Boarding pass & Luggage tags....

Happy Cruising..........

I am curious, one of the posters mentioned her elderly parents and their lack of computer savvy, I was wondering what would happen if someone who did not have any access to a computer called Carnival, booked a cruise, paid by phone and waited by the mail box for the boarding pass that never came. I mean what would happen. Can they board the ship, do the forms need to be filled out on-line in advance ? They must have run into this scenario at least once. I wonder how they handled it, Hmmmm ....

First -- If it were my parents, I would do it for them.

Second -- There are Senior centers, libraries, friends, neighbors, and many other sources of help to get this done.

Also, if they call the cruise line and explain their situation, they WILL get the documentation for their cruise.

I miss getting the documents in the mail, however, I understand the cost saving measures. I've been the group leader for a Family Reunion cruise of 60 people in which I had to print documents and luggage tags for my family. As stated, there are many older individuals who don't use computers and needed assistance. They are my family so I was OK with it but it would have made things so much easier for me if Carnival utilized their old system.

The only thing I miss about getting the documents in the mail is the difference in the Luggage tags but I have a great way to get our Luggage tags on now down to a science ;). I definitely wouldn't want to pay extra for getting these documents in the mail :eek:

I miss getting my cruise documents in the mail. But I can understand that it is much easier and cheaper to have e-tickets. I wouldn't pay extra as the poll suggests. There isn't much point and the system in place now seems to be working fine.

I miss getting actual luggage tags.

I miss the documents and the actual luggage tags. Just looking at the documents made my day, it would let me know just how close I was to the cruise date. I really miss those documents. Happy sailing.

First -- If it were my parents, I would do it for them.

Okay, as would I, and any decent child, cousin, nephew, grand daughter.

Second -- There are Senior centers, libraries, friends, neighbors, and many other sources of help to get this done.

If they have a clue that it needs to get done. I guess the PVP at Carnival tells the person to go ahead and print out the docs don't they ?... nope they do not. I would guess many a first time non-computer savvy cruiser waited in vain for their cruise docs and Called the cruiseline in a panic. Additionally there are the forms to fill out on-line. If a senior dosen't have computer know-how this could be an issue.

Also, if they call the cruise line and explain their situation, they WILL get the documentation for their cruise. I would hope so. They did pay for it. I wonder if anyone called and said they did not own a computer would Carnival just go ahead and send the docs?

You know I was not bashing Carnival. They are not they only cruiseline/company/utility to go paperless. I know my new kindle instruction booklet is on-line as is my flip and my electric bill.

I think the questions are a little out of sync with the thread title. While, Yes, i do miss the docs and would love to have them back (for the rush of excitement when they come in the mail), No, i would not pay extra for them and therefore voted No.

Our TA always got together with our group of cruisers at a restaurant to give out the documents. It was part of a ritual. I do miss getting them that way but I'd never pay extra for them.

What I can't understand is how the whole world thinks everybody has a computer and printer. What do the people do that aren't computer savvy but still cruise? And it's not just the cruise lines. It's hard to find any product that you buy today that has a manual with it. Most give you a website to go to and print off your own. Anything for them to save a buck!

Archived