Complimentary upgrades

I have a question about complimentary upgrades... If RCL gives you one, is there a possibility that they will downgrade us back to our original category before the sailing?? I got an updated invoice today by email and noticed that our room assignment has changed. I logged in online and printed our SetSail pass and it has the new room assignment.

Please let me know your experiences!

Thanks.

Thank you everyone :)

I was so surprised and let out a cheer so loud that my colleague came to my office to check on me.

What type of cabin did you book and then get? How close to sail date? I've never had one. Lucky you! Just wondering!

What type of cabin did you book and then get? How close to sail date? I've never had one. Lucky you! Just wondering!

I've NEVER been upgraded before so this was a WONDERFUL surprise.

We booked a Central Park View room and got upgraded to D5 Oceanview balcony!! Sailing this weekend :)

I've NEVER been upgraded before so this was a WONDERFUL surprise.

We booked a Central Park View room and got upgraded to D5 Oceanview balcony!! Sailing this weekend :)

That's really neat! a big upgrade! What are the central park views? I've read about them in other threads I'm assuming an inside with a view of the inside of the ship? Have a great cruise!

Congrats! Have you had a balcony before?

We got upgraded from a regular balcony cabin to a JS. Was sweet!

Have a great time. :)

Yes, we had one on the last cruise and loved it! We couldn't book one for this cruise because it was too expensive :)

I guess it all worked out!

That's really neat! a big upgrade! What are the central park views? I've read about them in other threads I'm assuming an inside with a view of the inside of the ship? Have a great cruise!

Yes, it is a room with a window facing Central Park.

Thank you everyone :)

I was so surprised and let out a cheer so loud that my colleague came to my office to check on me.

Haha I almost did the same but thankfully just managed to tell a coworker who is also going on a cruise in a month or two and call my girlfriend. She's very happy!

You also beat me to asking this question...I was wondering the same thing! Funny we are on the same sailing and both got upgraded to the same category! See you in a few days!

For those of you who have been upgraded, did you have a cabin # prior to sailing and were upgraded on arrival? Just curious how RCCL does this.

I found out I was upgraded upon logging into my cruises on the RCCL website and saw a new cabin number.

I'm not expecting anything, just curious actually. I guess everyone hopes, right?

We booked a balcony gty for a great price. They put us in a D2 on deck 7. I noticed a midship on deck 9 opened up so they switched us. I'm very happy. I doubt if they'd upgrade us from there.

I found out I was upgraded upon logging into my cruises on the RCCL website and saw a new cabin number.

This past week on the May 20 Allure of the Seas, I didn't find out I was upgraded to a crown loft suite (from a JS) until I went to the junior suite and opened the door with the room key and someone else was already there. He told me he was upgraded to my room and I had to go to guest services for them to straighten it all out. It was a nice surprise, but wish I knew earlier.

This past week on the May 20 Allure of the Seas, I didn't find out I was upgraded to a crown loft suite (from a JS) until I went to the junior suite and opened the door with the room key and someone else was already there. He told me he was upgraded to my room and I had to go to guest services for them to straighten it all out. It was a nice surprise, but wish I knew earlier.

Im very surprised they issued you a key to the old cabin!:eek:

I'd love to get an upgrade for my cruise in a few days. My Dad has never been on a cruise before and won't after this. We're in a D2 balcony on deck 8 so I know I'm in a good position.

I generally travel on my own so it wouldn't bother me as much.

Here's to hoping!! :)

Archived