Boarding Time

CLC22

I would for sure get there before 11 am but then I want to eat lunch, since its already paid for and Im looking forward to making myself a nice big salad (I always do this lol).

They always suggest you arrive later, since everyone wants on the ship earlier rather than later .. only newbies listen.

Now I have only been on two cruises but I had been exposed to CC before my first cruise so I was the second person in line on my first cruise which was cool because the folks first in line were an older couple who had cruised a bunch and gave us some of their coupons. :D

The second cruise we were the only ones on our bus from park n go in Ft. Lauderdale.:)

So we get there 9:30 -10 to get situated with parking etc. Then on ship as soon as they let us. We just cant wait to get our vacation started because we want to cruise every year but it doesn't seem to happen that way. :rolleyes:

I arrived at 10:50 am to board Triumph last January .. and was so surprised ... everyone who had arrived was already boarded .. you could walk right onto the ship. They must have started around 10 am .. thats the earliest boarding I ever saw.

A couple before 11 am, but barely and almost always after 11 am they start boarding.

We go once we eat. We go to the parking garage, shuttle over and get on as soon as they let us. lol we just get so excited, what else are we going to do...lol

why would you pay to eat when you can get lunch onboard the ship?

We're in the minority, but we also arrive after 1:30. I'd rather sleep late at our hotel, have a leisurely breakfast and get there after most of the crowd has dispersed. That way we can go right to our rooms to drop off the carry ons and get a late lunch.

We tend to eat meals about an hour or more behind most folks. It really does reduce the amount of time we wait in lines.

We've always been early arrivers, somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00.

Friday we couldn't arrive to the port until 1:30. We literally walked right through the security, up to the desk and right to the photog and onto the ship. We didn't wait in line one single second.

We also roll on a suitcase of sodas, so we rolled right to our room, dropped off our luggage and went up to get lunch at lido and found the food lines empty.

I tell ya, I'm a new convert to arriving to the port later.

Archived