Conquest Review with TONS of pics!

bluejay555

Very funny, rajones!

Bluejay-love your pictures and thanks for the Review-we will be sailing the Conquest in October.

I'm also looking at your cruise right after dry dock..but I'm afraid if they are not done that you will people working all over the ship.

I anxiously await a Youtube video of a pier-runner carrying a large obnoxious Predator sculpture. :)

LOL!!!

One thing I meant to mention in the review....we were in room 8427 (which is verandah, aft) and it was really loud at night. The Lido deck was right above us and at night we would lay there and listen to them dragging chairs all around. Sounded like thunder. It wasn't a huge deal, and other than that, we loved our location, as it was close to everywhere we hung out!

Belize! Let me tell you, Belize was a 25 min tender ride away. Look how far away it is from the ship!

cruise22012137.jpg

We just shopped there, no excursion. It was fun, but the water was not sparkling and beautiful like we imagined.

cruise22012141.jpg

cruise22012146.jpg

Our waiters were so much fun!

cruise12012048.jpg

cruise12012052.jpg

cruise12012081.jpg

I love it when the waiters jump up on the serving tables and dance. It is small reasons like that why we continue to cruise with Carnival

We did the "Magical Flying Beach Chairs" at Roatan, then swam at the beach. It was super crowded, but very cool! There was a nice shopping area there, too. It was a relaxing day.

cruise22012107.jpg

cruise22012123.jpg

cruise22012109.jpg

cruise22012128.jpg

cruise22012130.jpg

We were in Mahogany Bay in December and the Magic Flying Chairs looked like fun but we went on excursion with Victor Bodden Tours. Next time we stop in Mahogany Bay we will have to try out the Flying Chairs over to Carnival's private beach.

Great review :)

cruise22012168.jpg

cruise22012182.jpg

My husband and i were the LAST TWO PEOPLE to board the ship at Cozumel. It was about 5:05 and we were supposed to be back by 4:30 with a 5pm sail time. They were blowing the horn as we were entering the pier, and when we made it to the gangplank, they met us there and asked if we were Mike and Emily. As soon as they scanned our cards, they closed the doors, shut down the computer. YIKES!

cruise22012190.jpg

Our favorite dessert! Chocolate melting cake...with 2 scoops of ice cream without even asking. Our waiter was awesome!

cruise12012046.jpg

loved the towel animal that night!

cruise12012056.jpg

WOW!!!!!! So you guys were some of the people that we will see on You Tube running the long pier in Cozumel.

Good thing you made it back onboard because we have seen many people left behind in Cozumel :eek: I bet that made your heart skip a beat

OP, if you don't mind me asking..........How much was the cooking class? It looks like it was a blast!:D

It was like $80 a person. Worth every penny! It was so personalized and the chefs spent time with everyone, kept the free drinks flowing, and it was a totally laid back atmosphere. Like they asked us....what's the most important thing to do before you start cooking and we were all like "wash hands!" and they were like "NO! Order a drink!" And Playa Mia had a nice beach, pool, large shaded area with tons of seating, a small shopping area, and even a really clean playground.

Thanks everyone! I guess I should explain myself LOL Our carnival-booked excursion dropped us near the pier at 4:30, but there was shopping there and my husband saw a giant, obnoxious "Predator" sculpture and he's a total movie buff and wanted it. (it will be banned to the basement with the rest of his tacky stuff :p) So anyway, the haggling, paying, wrapping it up process took a while, so I told him I was going to keep looking around the area. Of course 5 min later we had completely lost each other. By the time we found each other it was 5pm and we still had to run down that huge pier! We spoke to a carnival employee later that evening and he said that they usually will search your state room for passports and leave the passports at the dock so you can at least fly home, so that process would have bought us some time.....I think!!!

David, I don't remember the name of the girl who did the general trivia/movie quote trivia, but my husband will probably remember because he was NOT happy with her :cool: and I do have to agree she was kind of bitchy. She was from toronto. I do remember a guy named Dallas did our 80s song title trivia and he was cool. Our cruise director was named Craig. Can't remember last name. He was british.

That's cool you did the cooking class too! We did grouper, but it was in a sauce with chopped veggies and rice. No banana leaf.

The young ladies I remember back in January were named Amanda and Serena. From what I understand Craig Johnson is filling in for Paul Santley for a few weeks.

It was like $80 a person. Worth every penny! It was so personalized and the chefs spent time with everyone, kept the free drinks flowing, and it was a totally laid back atmosphere. Like they asked us....what's the most important thing to do before you start cooking and we were all like "wash hands!" and they were like "NO! Order a drink!" And Playa Mia had a nice beach, pool, large shaded area with tons of seating, a small shopping area, and even a really clean playground.

I would recommend this excursion to anyone. I hope to do this one again when I go in January.

Thanks so much for the review and great pics! We will be on the Conquest next March after the 2.0 upgrades. Our sailing is going to the Eastern Caribbean. We will be going to Cozumel on the Magic in November, but I already booked Nachi Cocom for that trip. We will definitely have to try the cooking school excursion next time around, though!

Great review, I'm on the Conquest next month. I had to write just to say you're my hero for standing up to the chair hogs. Good job!

LOL Thanks! It felt good to take a stand....but you know what? We ran into those people EVERYWHERE we went. It was hilarious. They were like right ahead of us on our excursion at Roatan, we constantly ran into them walking around the ship. isn't it funny how that works?? Have fun on your cruise next month, Gregg :)

Another thing I wanted to talk about during this review but forgot about.....Dinner mates. We were really looking forward to meeting some interesting, nice people, but instead, only had table mates one night, and before they even sat down, the wife said "you won't be seeing us again, this is a mistake. We wanted a private table" And she was right. We never saw them again. What a letdown. My husband and i can eat dinner alone together at home. On vacation, we want to meet fun people! blah.

Next day was Isle of Roatan, Mahogany Bay. We were docked with the Dream. We heard that while the Dream was testing life boats, a cable snapped, a lifeboat fell, and 3 crew members were rushed away by ambulance, 2 of them severely injured- one with a broken back and one with a mangled face. Not really sure how accurate that was, but I hope they're OK....

cruise22012098.jpg

Wow, that's crazy... We were on that sailing of Dream but heard nothing of the incident, only saw the ambulances and wondered what had happened. I'd just assumed we had an ill passenger...

The young ladies I remember back in January were named Amanda and Serena. From what I understand Craig Johnson is filling in for Paul Santley for a few weeks.

We're thinking her name was Amanda. She had dark skin and shorter hair. I don't remember a Serena. I want to say Mel (Melanie?) was our assistant CD. She seemed really friendly. One nice thing about Craig was that we saw him all over the ship. He was very visible.

Taffy, so we were in Roatan together! Hope you had a great cruise:)

• 4 weeks later...

Guess you were kidding about not knowing what the first towel animal was, but just in case it was a seal...Thanks for the entertaining Photo Review...especially the food photos. Maybe I missed it, but did the cooking class let you eat the food you cooked...and did they include any drinks with the price? :)

cruise22012168.jpg

cruise22012182.jpg

My husband and i were the LAST TWO PEOPLE to board the ship at Cozumel. It was about 5:05 and we were supposed to be back by 4:30 with a 5pm sail time. They were blowing the horn as we were entering the pier, and when we made it to the gangplank, they met us there and asked if we were Mike and Emily. As soon as they scanned our cards, they closed the doors, shut down the computer. YIKES!

cruise12012046.jpg

loved the towel animal that night!

cruise12012056.jpg

Yikes! Did you book this excursion through the ship?

Glad you made it. but I would have been scared sh**less.

Archived