Carnival will be charging for specialty coffee in the MDR

sail2day

Where did you see this? I only read it was being tried on one ship.

When did it go fleetwide? wow such changes in a less than a week?

I thought this was just a trial .. next thing I know, someone is saying its for sure going fleetwide? wow.

Currently on 2 ships (Miracle and Breeze) and I doubt it will ever go fleet wide.

It seems to coincide with the ships that roll out Punchline Comedy Brunch.

The cappuccino and espresso on those ships is a superior product made with superior machines and superior coffee. More like the specialty coffees sold at the on ship coffee bar.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Jeerleader comes along to dispute it, but those are the facts.

I thought this was just a trial .. next thing I know, someone is saying its for sure going fleetwide? wow.

JH said it would be charged when the ships get Punchliner Brunch. There was a link to the schedule of rollouts and what ships.

I saw this in the release on Cruise Critic's Facebook page.

In related added-fee news, Carnival has begun charging for specialty coffees -- $2 for espressos, $2.95 for lattes and cappuccinos -- during lunch and dinner in Carnival Miracle's main dining room. The line has long offered these coffee drinks at no extra cost, but plans eventually to roll out the new fees fleetwide.

I saw this in the release on Cruise Critic's Facebook page.

In related added-fee news, Carnival has begun charging for specialty coffees -- $2 for espressos, $2.95 for lattes and cappuccinos -- during lunch and dinner in Carnival Miracle's main dining room. The line has long offered these coffee drinks at no extra cost, but plans eventually to roll out the new fees fleetwide.

And to think once upon a time food, with exception of alcohol and soda was basically included.icon13.gif

Let's be very honest the free cappucchino in the MDR was plain awful. I always buy cappucchino at the coffee bar and it's day and night difference with the MDR.

some people liked it. i never had a problem with it.

before they also do this with coffee, they should offer both free and the buy up cap/esp.

Currently on 2 ships (Miracle and Breeze) and I doubt it will ever go fleet wide.

It seems to coincide with the ships that roll out Punchline Comedy Brunch.

The cappuccino and espresso on those ships is a superior product made with superior machines and superior coffee. More like the specialty coffees sold at the on ship coffee bar.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Jeerleader comes along to dispute it, but those are the facts.

Did you have anything to do with buying the "new" machines?

Did you install these machines?

Did you buy the coffee(superior product)?

I am not a jeerleader...just deal with facts

Besides the specialty coffee shops...yeah not all that great either

Did you have anything to do with buying the "new" machines?

Did you install these machines?

Did you buy the coffee(superior product)?

I am not a jeerleader...just deal with facts

Besides the specialty coffee shops...yeah not all that great either

I don't think there is any dispute that the specialty coffee shops make a superior product to the standard MDR product. How stupid would Carnival be to charge for one but not the other? Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you purchase either.

I am not under the impression that it will NOT be rolled out fleet wide.

I do drink the stuff from the coffee shops some days as a treat. I am ok with coffee only and my dessert. Things like this just dont bother me as much. It is nice to know not to order it if I really dont care to pay extra for it. Im ok either way.

Archived