Need Royal Princess help on suite questions

kk99

Hi everyone,

I know that the ship doesn't sail until next year, but we are looking to book either an S4 suite near the Concierge lounge on deck 14, or one of the S2 aft suites for a Caribbean sailing.

Does anyone have any information about which S2 suites have bigger balconies, as the deck plans make it look like the interior space on the S2's are the same. For those of you who have sailed in a similar aft suite on another Princess ship, which deck did you prefer?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Unfortunately the balconies on the Royal's deck plans are not to scale. Don't use what you see as a guide.

Also, the Royal's design is quite different from that of other Princess ships, so aft suites really can't be compared with any accuracy.

Sorry, but with respect to cabins, those of us who have booked the Royal have done so with little more than blind faith. We'll see if our faith is well placed when we finally get onboard.

Lew

Thanks Paul and Lew,

I called Princess and the reps didn't have any real information. I like personally like aft suites with a view of the wake, but the price difference between the S4 and S2's makes me want to know how much bigger the suites (interior) and balcony sizes are for the S2 suites. If there is a sizable difference in the space and balcony sizes, I'd probably take the chance. I just wish they would release final accurate information on the dimensions.

I selected a random cruise on the Royal & this is how they described these cabins.

S2: Our luxurious Owner's Suite allows you to rest comfortably upon twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed, and spread out in a separate siting area with a single sofa bed and desk. Additional amenities include a walk-in closet and a bathroom with both a whirlpool tub and separate shower. Approximately 591 to 682 square feet including balcony. (Location: Aft)

S4: Indulge in comfort in our Penthouse Suite, where you'll dream on twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed. A sitting area with single sofa bed enhances the room, and the bathroom features both a tub and separate shower. Approximately 440 square feet including balcony. (Location: Mid-Aft)

I selected a random cruise on the Royal & this is how they described these cabins.

S2: Our luxurious Owner's Suite allows you to rest comfortably upon twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed, and spread out in a separate siting area with a single sofa bed and desk. Additional amenities include a walk-in closet and a bathroom with both a whirlpool tub and separate shower. Approximately 591 to 682 square feet including balcony. (Location: Aft)

S4: Indulge in comfort in our Penthouse Suite, where you'll dream on twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed. A sitting area with single sofa bed enhances the room, and the bathroom features both a tub and separate shower. Approximately 440 square feet including balcony. (Location: Mid-Aft)

There are actually photos on the Princess Flickr photosteam of the aft of decks 8-11 under construction. The S2s have a large wrap around balcony but don't appear to have an aft facing window or door. The only door is on the side of the ship. The larger size is probably mostly balcony. The S2 balconies on Dolphin and Baja deck appear to be larger and are probably the 682 sq ft cabins with the others 591 sq ft.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/princesscruises/7339371218/

Archived