Wine - Corkage - Question

troywest

A quick clarification please.

This was posted earlier in this thread.

"#1 / Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call:

Previous:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call will be stored by the ship and delivered to passengers' cabins on the last day of the sailing.

Current:

Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports are not stored by the ship. Guests may consume them in their cabin. If they decide to consume them in a public room on-board the ship, they will be charged the corkage fee."

Elsewhere, I have read that only wine may be brought on-board, (not beer or spirits). Is there a distinction currently being made between wine and other types of alcoholic beverages? If so, what category does Port or Brandy fall under?

Bob

Hello Bob -

I believe that all "alcoholic beverages" are included within the term; however, for the sake of good order, I will pass on your question about its "exact" definition and whether beer and spirits (including port and brandy) are excluded. Thank you for your attention to detail.

I'm looking forward to their response which I will share with you and others on this thread.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Bob -

Here is a very swift response from our hotel operations team:

Any alcoholic beverages can be brought onboard - spirits, beer etc.

Here is again our policy as posted on the website:

Azamara Club Cruises offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may however bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10 USD.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Azamara Journey this August!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill,

As others have said, this is an enlightened policy that, IMO, greatly enhances your guests' experience.

There are other cruise lines that take a different approach. Azamara's sister line, Royal, (a la carte), Caribbean takes the opposite approach, with guards frisking passengers returning from port and confiscating anything that they deem to be contraband.

I much prefer the Azamara experience and am looking forward to our upcoming cruise in August.

Bob

Hi Everyone,

Good News ! I've obtained the current Wine Lists for the Discoveries Dining Room, Aqualina & Prime C. It's a time consuming process to convert & upload the documents. My plan is to post them within the next few days. Due to the many requests, I'm also making the thread a "Sticky", which will remain at the top of the Azamara forum.

I hope this will be of value to our wonderful Azamara Community !

Thanks Bill,

As others have said, this is an enlightened policy that, IMO, greatly enhances your guests' experience.

There are other cruise lines that take a different approach. Azamara's sister line, Royal, (a la carte), Caribbean takes the opposite approach, with guards frisking passengers returning from port and confiscating anything that they deem to be contraband.

I much prefer the Azamara experience and am looking forward to our upcoming cruise in August.

Bob

That's interesting. From what I've read on the boards here Carnival will at your origin port allow each passenger to bring on a certain amount of alcohol while RC will not. With both lines at subsequent ports any booze they catch will be held by the ship until the passenger disembarks.

Hi Bill,

Due to an illness, Barbara will not be able to travel in Sept., as planned. We have cancelled the Sept.1 Journey trip. She will recover and we will certainly book a 2013 cruise on Azamara.

Till then,

B&B

The special wines I mentioned are a '78 Lafite Rothschild and a '78 Chateau Lascombe.

Hi Bill,

Due to an illness, Barbara will not be able to travel in Sept., as planned. We have cancelled the Sept.1 Journey trip. She will recover and we will certainly book a 2013 cruise on Azamara.

Till then,

B&B

The special wines I mentioned are a '78 Lafite Rothschild and a '78 Chateau Lascombe.

Hello B&B -

I'm sorry to learn that Barbara's illness has necessitated your cancelling your forthcoming Azamara Journey September voyage.

Our best wishes for a speedy return to good health and that we'll have the opportunity to welcome your onboard sometime in 2013.

Let's toast to your good health and thanks for your recommendations!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Everyone,

Good News ! I've obtained the current Wine Lists for the Discoveries Dining Room, Aqualina & Prime C. It's a time consuming process to convert & upload the documents. My plan is to post them within the next few days. Due to the many requests, I'm also making the thread a "Sticky", which will remain at the top of the Azamara forum.

I hope this will be of value to our wonderful Azamara Community !

Hi Everyone,

The Wine Menus are now posted at the top of our forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1671972 . Per your many requests, I've made the thread a Sticky, so that it will be easily located.

I apologize for the brief delay, as work and home life has been extremely busy in recent days. Enjoy the Menus !

Archived