Drinks package advice

Rumark

Thanks...I was aware there was no sharing but I wasn't sure if I had to use her sea pass to buy the second drink. I can see the pricing now so it must have been the website last night.

What the website is playing up still, who would have thought. I am so glad the cruises are managed better than the website.:D

No. Not at the same time. It is one drink at a time.

Sometimes and I do mean sometimes, It really does depend on the bartender, the drink and probably other factors as well, they will give you a double (rather than the 2 drinks). Just don't count on it. cheers Mic:D

Sometimes and I do mean sometimes, It really does depend on the bartender, the drink and probably other factors as well, they will give you a double (rather than the 2 drinks). Just don't count on it. cheers Mic:D

OK, sorry but last question. Last cruise on Equinox, every time I ordered a Captain & Coke, the waiters asked if I wanted a double. Will they still ask if I buy the package and will they charge me for the extra?

OK, sorry but last question. Last cruise on Equinox, every time I ordered a Captain & Coke, the waiters asked if I wanted a double. Will they still ask if I buy the package and will they charge me for the extra?

I do not know, I think it would depend on the price of the drink and which package you have. If the Captain and coke is say $6 and you have the Premium package then a double will fit under the package still ($12) but it will not go into the Classic package. It may also depend on the bartender, it is easier for them to serve a double then two drinks, (less time and glassware as well). Hope this helps, mic:D

I do not know, I think it would depend on the price of the drink and which package you have. If the Captain and coke is say $6 and you have the Premium package then a double will fit under the package still ($12) but it will not go into the Classic package. It may also depend on the bartender, it is easier for them to serve a double then two drinks, (less time and glassware as well). Hope this helps, mic:D

Thanks mic. We pulled out the Equinox bill and it just might be worth it to buy the premium package. :eek: It wasn't ALL alcohol...:rolleyes::D

Thanks mic. We pulled out the Equinox bill and it just might be worth it to buy the premium package. :eek: It wasn't ALL alcohol...:rolleyes::D

It never is, sparkling water and special coffee's come in handy for the mornings.:D

I'm currently wrestling with the whole package thing...AND I'm pretty new to cruising so sorry if this is an obvious question.....If you order a bottle of wine at dinner in the restaurants and don't/can't finish it can you get them to store it for you so you can finish it say the next night?

I'm currently wrestling with the whole package thing...AND I'm pretty new to cruising so sorry if this is an obvious question.....If you order a bottle of wine at dinner in the restaurants and don't/can't finish it can you get them to store it for you so you can finish it say the next night?

Yes.

Thanks...better have a look at the wine packages now! Will probably go for the NA and then have the odd spirit/wine on top with dinner...were doing 12 days round the Med and we think we will be sick of alcohol after a few days if we have it "on tap" every day.

Thanks...better have a look at the wine packages now! Will probably go for the NA and then have the odd spirit/wine on top with dinner...were doing 12 days round the Med and we think we will be sick of alcohol after a few days if we have it "on tap" every day.

Keep in mind the wine packages have a very limited selection of similarly priced wines at a small discount from the regular wine list. If you like variety then take a pass on those and just buy your wines from the much wider selection of bottled wines on the full wine list.

This post shows the wine list. There is a page which shows the limited selections available for the wine packages: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

For a new cruiser I'd really recommend waiting until you are on board and check things out before buying any package.

Keep in mind the wine packages have a very limited selection of similarly priced wines at a small discount from the regular wine list. If you like variety then take a pass on those and just buy your wines from the much wider selection of bottled wines on the full wine list.

This post shows the wine list. There is a page which shows the limited selections available for the wine packages: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

For a new cruiser I'd really recommend waiting until you are on board and check things out before buying any package.

Larry

I just have to share that I just bought a bottle of one of the wines I enjoy on cruises.

It's The Spur by Murietta's Well (2009). It was $18.99 at Costco. It's approximately $51 on Celebrity and $48ish on Princess. Some markup!!!! Kind of takes the joy out of of it knowing how much i'm overpaying! :(:(:(

Larry

I just have to share that I just bought a bottle of one of the wines I enjoy on cruises.

It's The Spur by Murietta's Well (2009). It was $18.99 at Costco. It's approximately $51 on Celebrity and $48ish on Princess. Some markup!!!! Kind of takes the joy out of of it knowing how much i'm overpaying! :(:(:(

Celebrity's prices on wine are OK and compare well to pricing at restaurants or resorts. It is not realistic to compare the pricing to retail any more than you'd compare the price of steak at a nice restaurant to prices at a supermarket.

Celebrity's prices on wine are OK and compare well to pricing at restaurants or resorts. It is not realistic to compare the pricing to retail any more than you'd compare the price of steak at a nice restaurant to prices at a supermarket.

I consider more than a 2X-2.5X markup excessive.. It's not the same as buying a steak in a supermarket, which you must cook at home. The wine is simply opened. Not a big deal.

I consider more than a 2X-2.5X markup excessive.. It's not the same as buying a steak in a supermarket, which you must cook at home. The wine is simply opened. Not a big deal.

I agree. I'm fine with 2X but this is almost triple.

It wasn't that long ago when wine on a ship was considerably less than what we paid in restaurants. Those days are definitely over.

In all fairness - we tried a wine in a restaurant here that we thought was good and reasonably priced at $60 but Costco had that one for $16.99!!!!! (In case anyone wants to try it - it's Buehler Cabernet - also 2009 - let it breathe before you drink it!)

The cruiseships have a monopoly and they certainly take advantage of that. They can argue that they need to stock it and make sure that there is a good variety, which makes them comparable to restuarants and then thay have carry it around on the ship. All this doesn't matter, they charge what they want and people will pay the price. If the price is too high for a particular wine, drink the spirits or beer.:D

Archived