Diamonds in December

I think you are right, meaning suite and Pinnacles only. But, with all the new people taking over in RCCL management, who knows what will happen:rolleyes:

What I'm finding is that a lot of D+ already use the DL because they prefer it over the CL. Besides, a lot of times they move it to a larger room anyway. I'm not D+ yet but I think I'd prefer the DL lounge too. I don't think they should segregate D and D+ and I don't think they will.

What I'm finding is that a lot of D+ already use the DL because they prefer it over the CL. Besides, a lot of times they move it to a larger room anyway. I'm not D+ yet but I think I'd prefer the DL lounge too. I don't think they should segregate D and D+ and I don't think they will.

I agree that the DL on the Freedom Class ships is far better than the CL.

Just for fun when you are on the Allure check out the CL. My guess is that you will go ....WOW. Just walk in when someone else opens the door:)

Just for fun when you are on the Allure check out the CL. My guess is that you will go ....WOW. Just walk in when someone else opens the door:)

Yes, I heard that one was very nice..........and I've seen pictures. Doesn't matter to me where I am as long as I'm with my friends..........LOL

ACTUALLY, I got a a mailing yesterday that announced a december celebration which includes double points for diamonds and up (triple points if in a suite)

So it does appear to be official for this year

(The mailing was the quartely mailing that has saving certificates in it)

So... uhm.. .what about the rest of us.. at 29 points I am one away from my next "level".. but why not offer me extra points? Am I not worth having on board too? Actually, I am already booked in Dec... but it feels a bit insulting to see Diamonds given yet another perk, not that they don't deserve them, but why just Diamonds? Why do I not deserve extra points... any who...not the end of the world... but it does leave a bit of a taste on snobbery in my mouth..

So... uhm.. .what about the rest of us.. at 29 points I am one away from my next "level".. but why not offer me extra points? Am I not worth having on board too? Actually, I am already booked in Dec... but it feels a bit insulting to see Diamonds given yet another perk, not that they don't deserve them, but why just Diamonds? Why do I not deserve extra points... any who...not the end of the world... but it does leave a bit of a taste on snobbery in my mouth..

They did have an extra point promo in March for all:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/cas_sailmore_getmore.pdf

It's called Diamonds in December so I imagine it's for Diamonds and up. Just like any other perk, there are levels to things. What if people said "why can just Diamonds have access to the Diamond Lounge, why not me?". Everyone starts as a Gold Member and works their way up.

We're D+ and I agree that on some ships the DL is much nicer than the CL, that said, the CL on the Oasis and Allure are outstanding, and we do cruise on them a lot. I would be very disappointed if they took the privilege away, the DL is not great on those ships.

I agree that the room is nicer. However, I've been convinced all along that they are setting us up for a "use it or lose it" scenario. As part of the coming restriction of CL to Pinnacle and Concierge Suites, they will say we didn't use it when we had the chance, so it's no big deal if they take it away from us.

Another part of the handwriting on the wall is the new email addresses for the new concierges. On FR class, the email is to Concierge and DiamondConcierge. On the older ships that have been revitalized (such as GR and SP) the email goes to SuiteConcierge and DiamondConcierge. Hello???????:eek:

I do not think it is intended as snobbery, rather they are trying to reward their most loyal customers. Everybody worked their way up through the various levels without the benefit of D in December, just like you will. Getting to Diamond gives very nice rewards, much, much better in my opinion than the levels below diamond. And when you get to Diamond, perhaps you will be able to use D in December to increase your points further.

Which date on December on Explorer? Did you book in March? maybe you will get some bonus points from the other bonus program...

Even on ships with the DL we have always been sent to a lounge for the happy hour. None of the DLs have been large enough to hold everyone. We still like the CL because it is in the smaller room and the service is a little more personal but that's just us.

Us, too.

Gina

Someone already clarified that the cruise can start in December and end in January to be eligible, but what about cruises that start in November and end in December? Specifically, assuming that they offer the same promotion in 2013, looking at the 2013 Member Cruise - 15 night Eastbound Panama Canal. Starts 11/27 in San Diego, ends Dec. 12 in Ft. Lauderdale. Is the embarkation date what determines the eligibility or ???

Someone already clarified that the cruise can start in December and end in January to be eligible, but what about cruises that start in November and end in December? Specifically, assuming that they offer the same promotion in 2013, looking at the 2013 Member Cruise - 15 night Eastbound Panama Canal. Starts 11/27 in San Diego, ends Dec. 12 in Ft. Lauderdale. Is the embarkation date what determines the eligibility or ???

I would think it would have to start in December but the newsletter said there will be more information so I'm sure there will be some clarification and/or rules stated.

Well darn! We don't have anything booked for December this year.

We do have one booked for December 2013.

Here's a thought....:D A new thread entitled "Do you think they will have Diamonds in December in 2013?" :D <jk>

There has already been all the angst over 2012. Congratulations to those of you that have booked, including the doom and gloom sayers over thoughts of program changes. I'm not going to worry about it. :D:)

I would think it would have to start in December but the newsletter said there will be more information so I'm sure there will be some clarification and/or rules stated.

They will list the cruises not included but some that begin in November but continue to sail into Dec do get the extra points. Same with New Year's Eve cruises. Have to be at sea on a day in Dec is how I look at it. If you arrive in port to get off on Dec 1, no extra points - you didn't spend a night during Dec on the ship....

They will list the cruises not included but some that begin in November but continue to sail into Dec do get the extra points. Same with New Year's Eve cruises. Have to be at sea on a day in Dec is how I look at it. If you arrive in port to get off on Dec 1, no extra points - you didn't spend a night during Dec on the ship....

I like how you look at it but guess we'll have to wait and see how they'll look at it............LOL

Last year we started our cruise the Sat after Thanksgiving and ended 12/4, it counted for us. We had one booked this year for the same weekend but it would have ended on 12/1, didn't want to take a chance because I doubt that one would count so we moved to 12/8. Do appreciate any extra points we can get and we're in a suite so really great !

I like how you look at it but guess we'll have to wait and see how they'll look at it............LOL

Of course, we have to wait and see, but the explanation that you responded to is how it was done in 2010 and 2011. The only cruises that started in Nov which didn't count were those that ended on Dec 1. Frankly, I was surprised that they did include those sailings which began on New Year's Eve.

Time will tell. We've waited this long, I guess most of us can hang in there another 5 or 6 weeks. One announcement was on Aug 20 and the other was Aug 10 in the last 2 years, but I don't remember which was which.

Of course, we have to wait and see, but the explanation that you responded to is how it was done in 2010 and 2011. The only cruises that started in Nov which didn't count were those that ended on Dec 1. Frankly, I was surprised that they did include those sailings which began on New Year's Eve.

Time will tell. We've waited this long, I guess most of us can hang in there another 5 or 6 weeks. One announcement was on Aug 20 and the other was Aug 10 in the last 2 years, but I don't remember which was which.

One of the reasons why we switched our NYE cruise from Jewel to FOS was that Jewel leaves on 12/31, and FOS leaves on 12/30. We didn't want to take the chance on a 12/31 cruise not counting.

And why would they make such a plan? I think the Diamonds in December may be a method adopted to fill their ships during relatively slow periods (especially the first two or three weeks of December). I am not sure what advantage they gain by plotting ways to remove D+ from the CLs. The very fact that they have been adding Diamond lounges seems to indicate a desire to restore to Diamond members the privileges that were lost a few years back. Certainly they still remember the firestorm that that decision caused and ought not to want to experience a similar reaction. On the Freedom class ships, the Diamond lounges are clearly more attractive to most guests than the interior CLs on those ships, and while the CLs on Allure and Oasis are definitely the class of the fleet, the Diamond lounges still have their virtues. If the line wanted to slow the growth of the Diamond + class, they should be doing things to make it more difficult, not easier, to achieve that level. Diamonds in December seems to be doing just the opposite.

This makes sense to me. This marketing event is the primary reason that I booked our family trip in December, a month we've never considered cruising in before. We are on the brink of D/D+, so this is just enough motivation to get me to try a Dec. cruise.

ACTUALLY, I got a a mailing yesterday that announced a december celebration which includes double points for diamonds and up (triple points if in a suite)

So it does appear to be official for this year

(The mailing was the quartely mailing that has saving certificates in it)

I don't usually get the mailings, but my DH occasionally does. No rhyme or reason. We haven't rec'd this latest one.

Can someone clarify that a JS definitely counts as a suite (triple points) in the promo? I know it did in previous years, but when they simply say "suite" in the promo stuff, it makes me wonder since JS's aren't considered "suites" in terms of other things, like the CL.

Can someone clarify that a JS definitely counts as a suite (triple points) in the promo? I know it did in previous years, but when they simply say "suite" in the promo stuff, it makes me wonder since JS's aren't considered "suites" in terms of other things, like the CL.

EVERY room gets an extra point per night. Obviously a JS would, too. Why would they eliminate that category? So no one would book them? They get 2 points per night now. They get 3 points per night during this promotion.

Gina

I did a cruise 2 yrs ago that strated in Nov. and as long as you are still on the ship in Dec it counted. Pat

I do remember a couple of exceptions to cruises that started in Nov and ended in Dec. Seems like it needs to actually extend a few days in which is why we changed from our post-Thanksgiving date to the 8th of Dec. We would have been disembarking on the 1st and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't count because we would be off the ship on the 1st. Our last cruise ended on the 4th of Dec and it counted.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the November 2012 cruises included in the 2012 Diamonds in December.

Note: In addition to the sailings in December, these itineraries are also part of our 2012 December Celebration: Rhapsody of the Seas on 11/29/12, Jewel of the Seas on 11/29/12, Liberty of the Seas on 11/29/12, Monarch of the Seas on 11/30/12, Majesty of the Seas on 11/30/12 and Legend of the Seas on 11/30/12.

Here are the November 2012 cruises included in the 2012 Diamonds in December.

Note: In addition to the sailings in December, these itineraries are also part of our 2012 December Celebration: Rhapsody of the Seas on 11/29/12, Jewel of the Seas on 11/29/12, Liberty of the Seas on 11/29/12, Monarch of the Seas on 11/30/12, Majesty of the Seas on 11/30/12 and Legend of the Seas on 11/30/12.

Here is the most current thread on Cruises included in the 2012 December Celebration

Archived