Diamonds in December

The C&A Director we spoke with said you'd get the double (or triple for Suites) points as long as the majority of the cruise was in December.

Our cruise starts Dec 29 this year for NYE - we are Diamond - are you saying we would not get the promotion because of the start date?

One day...

not for us even with the benefits.

We have a youngster... I just can't see going on a cruise in December. The month already seems so short, working on end of year projects, trying to visit both sides of the family, prepare for Santa, and covering short staffing at the office.

Not to mention the cruises are more expensive then, and we're usually saving the pennies to put more stuff under the tree.

I don't see it happening for us... but it is a great deal. you guys enjoy it.

Just like I was so excited to finally get to diamond and they changed the benefits, by the time i get to diamond plus, it will have changed too! lol

One day...

not for us even with the benefits

We have a youngster... I just can't see going on a cruise in December. The month already seems so short, working on end of year projects, trying to visit both sides of the family, prepare for Santa, and covering short staffing at the office.

Not to mention the cruises are more expensive then, and we're usually saving the pennies to put more stuff under the tree.

I don't see it happening for us... but it is a great deal. you guys enjoy it.

Just like I was so excited to finally get to diamond and they changed the benefits, by the time i get to diamond plus, it will have changed too! lol

Early December tends to be inexpensive...of course kiddos are typically in school then. holiday cruises are pricier, of course.

December does go quickly...If they have it, this will be the first year we do D in D....that will take us up to D+. in future years we will probably go back to cruising in January...that month goes too slowly for me. and it is snowy up here.

OK - so I have a question for clarity. Does this apply only to cruises already booked for December when the program is announced or does it apply also for new bookings for December after the promotion announcement? In other words existing bookings or new bookings resulting from thr announcement? Sorry - we are diamond and close to D+ and usually up on this stuff but missed this one!

OK - so I have a question for clarity. Does this apply only to cruises already booked for December when the program is announced or does it apply also for new bookings for December after the promotion announcement? In other words existing bookings or new bookings resulting from thr announcement? Sorry - we are diamond and close to D+ and usually up on this stuff but missed this one!

Whether you have already booked or will book, it will apply to either. ANY December sailing regardless of when booked. As we usually do a Christmas cruise anyway, it's a bonus for us:D

Yeah, you always kind of wonder if people really know what they tell you, so I'll be watching for something more official like everyone else !

Hi Mindy & John

I love your three diamonds on the front of your post, I want one, can you tell how to load it

many thanks

Christine

Whether you have already booked or will book, it will apply to either. ANY December sailing regardless of when booked. As we usually do a Christmas cruise anyway, it's a bonus for us:D

Thanks - that's what I figured but wanted to be sure. I will keep an eye out in August!

This is yet another perk not available to UK cruisers, we don't get anything like that and we are not able to have the RCI credit card to get extra benefits. The only discount ever available is the standard balcony/suite discount for Diamond members. I guess it at least stops us worrying about possible price drops after booking.

This is yet another perk not available to UK cruisers, we don't get anything like that and we are not able to have the RCI credit card to get extra benefits. The only discount ever available is the standard balcony/suite discount for Diamond members. I guess it at least stops us worrying about possible price drops after booking.
UK diamonds have not gotten double points in the past when they sailed during diamonds in december? really? Are you sure? first time I have heard that. it is not a discount...just bonus points.

isn't the credit card is a from a US bank? so of course why would they be seeking UK business or complying with UK laws? Personally, I do not use it anyway as I have other cards I like.

Yes UK Cruisers do get the double points in December when the promo is on. :D

Hi Mindy & John

I love your three diamonds on the front of your post, I want one, can you tell how to load it

many thanks

Christine

Yes, you just copy the Diamond image. Then in the CP Edit Signature area there's a selection toward the bottom which allows you to insert the image you've saved.

I "just" got off the phone with the Crown and Anchor Society and the young man I just spoke with told me that it has not been confirmed yet that Diamonds in December has "not yet been confirmed that they will have it, in 2012."

So since I just learned about this from all of you fellow cruisers, lets hope that it does happen BECAUSE I want to go cruising in December!

Oh and someone here is correct about transferring existing cruises (like mine in November) to a December cruise and get to take advance of the extra credits.

We're thinking of switching to an 11 night that starts 12/24. We'd still get full double credits, correct? Even though it continues into January?

**Of course this is all dependent on whether they actually do the promo**

Yes you would still get the double points as long as you are a Diamond/Diamond Plus/PC Member.

Correct. Great motivation for me -- I'm close to D+. Can you imagine a better time to get out of Buffalo, NY with my wife for a cruise than December??? I guess I'll have to get someone to plow my driveway before I get home if they do diamonds in december this year.

us too, we will be diamond plus after our dec cruise if they have it

We got off Voyager on May 26 and made a point to ask the C&A Director onboard whether she knew if Diamonds in December was going to happen this year. She said YES :D

I sure hope so :}

We were told that when we booked our JS for our 10 night caribbean cruise we would receive 30! points during the Diamonds in Dec event. Should we believe the Loyalty Ambassador person who booked our cruise onboard for us? This would make us Diamond Plus after this cruise if it is true! Our cruise is Dec 13-22 2012. Thanks for any info!

we are also on the dec 13 cruise :} and after the cruise we would be diamond plus too ..... lets all hope its true

Thanks!!! We're in the process of switching cruises now :-)

I too am hoping they do a Diamonds in December promo like last year, but you should be aware that there's no guarantee thet they will have the promo, or the terms will be the same as last year. The first year they did it, only cruises on Oasis class got the extra points.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived