Diamonds in December

Good news but I think it is part of Royals big plan to remove the D+ from the CL. This is not a complaint just an observation. Doubling/tripling points will swell the ranks of D+. It won't be long and the overcrowding will force the removal of the D+ just like it did the D.

Good news but I think it is part of Royals big plan to remove the D+ from the CL. This is not a complaint just an observation. Doubling/tripling points will swell the ranks of D+. It won't be long and the overcrowding will force the removal of the D+ just like it did the D.

Especially with all ships getting a DL

good point -

No problem, as many of the Diamond Lounges are as nice or actually nicer than the CL’s. ( however, nothing beats the CL of the Oasis class) and while it is relatively easy to become D+, it is a L O N G stretch between D+ and Pinnacle.

M

good point -

No problem, as many of the Diamond Lounges are as nice or actually nicer than the CL’s. ( however, nothing beats the DL of the Oasis class)

M

I am sure you mean the CL:). Far and away the best venue and one I would miss:(

I got my "Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Member News" flyer/booklet in the mail yesterday. It's the one that gives some info, some pushes for certain cruises (and member cruise) and a list of the C&A certificates in the back.

In the "What's New" section there is a half-page promo titled: "Time to Begin Thinking About our December Celebration" for Diamond/D+/Pinnacle members! It's the usual celebration for double cruise points in december (triple in suites), plus receiving gifts and access to exclusive events.

It ends with stay tuned for more info, but it's there!

Don't kill the messenger, but, my gut is telling me that because they are continuing with this promotion if you are diamond, and like a lounge-you best bump up to D+.

If, thoughts here become true and D+ are removed from the CL that means the new diamond lounges must hold all the D and D+ and we all know that will be a very crowded place. That means my gut is telling me that diamonds will go to an event on each ship. Much enhanced then the current event to try to keep complaints to a minimum.

I just think they are going to try and make a huge distinction between D, D+ and Pinnacle tier amenities.

I think you are right. If that happens I will not be a happy cruiser as we were affected by the last 'change' to C&A benefits. We were booted from the CL. Right now on most ships there is not much difference - but the Oasis class CLounge is fabulous. We made D+ last December.

Fabulous news! We just switched to an 11 night Med (originally 7 night Allure). Only in a balcony right now...but I'll take the 22 points!

Just want to be sure that we'll get the full double points even though the cruise continues into January?

We have a long way to go until we hit D+ (might be another 2.5 yrs until we get there).

And why would they make such a plan? I think the Diamonds in December may be a method adopted to fill their ships during relatively slow periods (especially the first two or three weeks of December). I am not sure what advantage they gain by plotting ways to remove D+ from the CLs. The very fact that they have been adding Diamond lounges seems to indicate a desire to restore to Diamond members the privileges that were lost a few years back. Certainly they still remember the firestorm that that decision caused and ought not to want to experience a similar reaction. On the Freedom class ships, the Diamond lounges are clearly more attractive to most guests than the interior CLs on those ships, and while the CLs on Allure and Oasis are definitely the class of the fleet, the Diamond lounges still have their virtues. If the line wanted to slow the growth of the Diamond + class, they should be doing things to make it more difficult, not easier, to achieve that level. Diamonds in December seems to be doing just the opposite.

Don't kill the messenger, but, my gut is telling me that because they are continuing with this promotion if you are diamond, and like a lounge-you best bump up to D+.

If, thoughts here become true and D+ are removed from the CL that means the new diamond lounges must hold all the D and D+ and we all know that will be a very crowded place. That means my gut is telling me that diamonds will go to an event on each ship. Much enhanced then the current event to try to keep complaints to a minimum.

I just think they are going to try and make a huge distinction between D, D+ and Pinnacle tier amenities.

I don't see that coming to pass any time soon (not that my crystal ball is any clearer than yours is). Besides, then they'd have to change all the signage.:p

And why would they make such a plan? I think the Diamonds in December may be a method adopted to fill their ships during relatively slow periods (especially the first two or three weeks of December). I am not sure what advantage they gain by plotting ways to remove D+ from the CLs. The very fact that they have been adding Diamond lounges seems to indicate a desire to restore to Diamond members the privileges that were lost a few years back. Certainly they still remember the firestorm that that decision caused and ought not to want to experience a similar reaction. On the Freedom class ships, the Diamond lounges are clearly more attractive to most guests than the interior CLs on those ships, and while the CLs on Allure and Oasis are definitely the class of the fleet, the Diamond lounges still have their virtues. If the line wanted to slow the growth of the Diamond + class, they should be doing things to make it more difficult, not easier, to achieve that level. Diamonds in December seems to be doing just the opposite.

My cloudy crystal ball prediction is that, once every ship in the fleet has both a CL and DL (which won't be until 2014-15 when Jewel goes under the knife), then RCI will segregate D/D+ from Pinnacle/suites as far as lounge access goes. But only time will tell.

My cloudy crystal ball prediction is that, once every ship in the fleet has both a CL and DL (which won't be until 2014-15 when Jewel goes under the knife), then RCI will segregate D/D+ from Pinnacle/suites as far as lounge access goes. But only time will tell.

That may be true, but if they continue the practice begun on Freedom ships, of making the Diamond Lounge a more attractive venue than the Concierge lounges, the supposed problem would resolve itself since few, if any, Diamond/Diamond Plus or Pinnacles would opt to frequent the CL instead of the DL.:)

That may be true, but if they continue the practice begun on Freedom ships, of making the Diamond Lounge a more attractive venue than the Concierge lounges, the supposed problem would resolve itself since few, if any, Diamond/Diamond Plus or Pinnacles would opt to frequent the CL instead of the DL.:)

You can bet as soon as the last ship is converted, the Diamonds will be sitting in the Schooner bar buying their drinks and the D+ will be in the newly converted Diamond lounges.

You can bet as soon as the last ship is converted, the Diamonds will be sitting in the Schooner bar buying their drinks and the D+ will be in the newly converted Diamond lounges.

Not that bad but at a Diamond event somwhere maybe. :confused:

According to C&A this has not been announced yet and not sure if it will happen this year yet....can you quote what was in there as it may be that they are still thinking about it???

ACTUALLY, I got a a mailing yesterday that announced a december celebration which includes double points for diamonds and up (triple points if in a suite)

So it does appear to be official for this year

(The mailing was the quartely mailing that has saving certificates in it)

According to C&A this has not been announced yet and not sure if it will happen this year yet....can you quote what was in there as it may be that they are still thinking about it???

Jeanne,

I'm going to try taking a photo of it and I'll post it if I can. If I can't post it to CC I'll post it to FB and tag you.

Patty

ACTUALLY, I got a a mailing yesterday that announced a december celebration which includes double points for diamonds and up (triple points if in a suite)

So it does appear to be official for this year

(The mailing was the quartely mailing that has saving certificates in it)

Mine came yesterday too. I also received an email and when I clicked on the newsletter PDF in the Newsletter, the December Celebration stuff isn't in it.

Weird that it's in my paper copy but not the PDF that was emailed. I'm wondering if it got into the paper copy (by mistake) earlier than they wanted people to know about it.........???

I don't see that coming to pass any time soon (not that my crystal ball is any clearer than yours is). Besides, then they'd have to change all the signage.:p

i also see this in my crystal ball. it sure is coming, CL will be for "gold sea pass cards" only. IMHO..

That's more than a bit overly pessimistic in my opinion. I'm not sure why some people seem so ready to accept the worst and seem to want to foster a dissension among the members of the various C&A tiers. IMO RCI seems more interested in encouraging repeat business by providing increased benefits as guests move through the various levels. You don't encourage that increased business by removing benefits as they learned only too well when they ousted Diamond members from the CL a few years back. Since then they seem to be making every effort to reverse that situation and the addition of Diamond lounges is a step in that direction. I've never found negativism to be very attractive and automatically assuming that RCI plans to take that perk away from those currently enjoying it is negativism at its worst.

Not saying they will take away the perk but they may have to change the venue if the numbers continue to grow and with double/triple points the numbers will grow.

I really don't care where the coffee machine/happy hour are just point me in that direction and all is good.

Even on ships with the DL we have always been sent to a lounge for the happy hour. None of the DLs have been large enough to hold everyone. We still like the CL because it is in the smaller room and the service is a little more personal but that's just us.

i also see this in my crystal ball. it sure is coming, CL will be for "gold sea pass cards" only. IMHO..

I think you are right, meaning suite and Pinnacles only. But, with all the new people taking over in RCCL management, who knows what will happen:rolleyes:

Archived