Debunking the Myths - Liberty 6-2-12 Review

kwagmyre

Going to sound like a ridiculous question, but I'm going to ask it anyway? Do you take the "Fish N Chips" to Red Frog, OR bring the Red Frog to the "Fish N Chips"?

Well, this will be our first cruise with BOTH!

In the past, we have gone upstairs to the second level and had the fish n chips. But we are looking forward to finding a bar stool the Lido Deck bars and hanging out!! So, we may grab that fish and head right to the bar stool!

Catrin

Well, this will be our first cruise with BOTH!

In the past, we have gone upstairs to the second level and had the fish n chips. But we are looking forward to finding a bar stool the Lido Deck bars and hanging out!! So, we may grab that fish and head right to the bar stool!

Catrin

I recommend having someone in your group grab a couple stools at the Lido bar and the other going up and getting food and then the other going when that person gets back...that way the person at the stools can watch the bags and the person getting food has their hands free.

Love fish n' chips and really look forward to January when we get to sail the Liberty. :)

I recommend having someone in your group grab a couple stools at the Lido bar and the other going up and getting food and then the other going when that person gets back...that way the person at the stools can watch the bags and the person getting food has their hands free.

Love fish n' chips and really look forward to January when we get to sail the Liberty. :)

Great Suggestion.... since we are lucky to be Platinum, we go to our Cabin right away... then we will head right up and grab that stool! Our first cruise in years alone without our kids, this will be easy!! Instead of entertaining them at the pools we plan on being bar bums! ;)

Not a ridiculous question at all. So far as I know, there are only 3 places on the ship to get the Red Frog beer, since it's on tap:

- Red Frog Pub (Lido)

- EA sports bar (Promenade)

- Atrium bar (deck 3, lobby area)

There may be more, but that's all the ones I know of. So, we went down to the bar on Lido, and took them back to the F&C (through the buffet and 1 floor up). Since we still had the bags with us the first day, I stayed with the bags while my wife went for the beers, and she got lost coming back!

It was a little stressful at the time, because I couldn't leave the bags (too many to carry), and I couldn't leave to go find her. We had a good laugh about it later.

Perfect!!!! Thanks for such a clear explanation. DH and I head up to "Fish N Chips" first thing. So this is great info. We haven't been on the Liberty since 2.0 has been added. Last cruise w/Liberty was 2010. Will have to try the tuna/watermelon appetizer after reading your review.

Can't wait to read more of your review!

Sooooo many choices....lol Can't wait! I'm the type that likes to plan, and DH is just along for the ride.:eek:

After our yummy lunch, we decided to head down to drop off our carry-ons event though it wasn't 1:30 yet. It wasn't our intention to stay, just drop off our bags, but when we got to the room, it was ready. We an OS on deck 7. The following pics were actually taken on debarkation day, we never took pics of the room until then, so it's a little messy. But I wanted to put up a few so people could compare if they were thinking about a suite:

wqqb94.jpg

kcz039.jpg

2mnndds.jpg

WOW!! We usually get a balcony. LOVE the suite! A definite for our next cruise! Love the pics!

Great Suggestion.... since we are lucky to be Platinum, we go to our Cabin right away... then we will head right up and grab that stool! Our first cruise in years alone without our kids, this will be easy!! Instead of entertaining them at the pools we plan on being bar bums! ;)

Ahhh!!!! Lucky duck....we have to schlep our bags around. lol. Granted we just have backpacks as our carry-on's but dang do they get heavy. :rolleyes: I can't wait to read YOUR review when you get back. :D

Sooooo many choices....lol Can't wait! I'm the type that likes to plan, and DH is just along for the ride.:eek:

I'm the planner of the family....the hubs just tells me to let him know when and where. lol. Ahhh...men. :cool:

Ahhh!!!! Lucky duck....we have to schlep our bags around. lol. Granted we just have backpacks as our carry-on's but dang do they get heavy. :rolleyes: I can't wait to read YOUR review when you get back. :D

Haha! The funny thing? I don't drink! But my DH is determined to "veg out" and hang out with the cool adults, instead of hanging out at the pools or kids areas with all the moms and dads of little ones!

My review of our Dream cruise is on my siggy.... quite boring compared to what we hope is a Super Fun Cruise!

Kwag.. sorry to hijack... back to your wonderful review, please!

Catrin

Of course you piqued everyone's interest when you said you were going to remain anonymous.

Call me Sherlock...I think I have the correct reason.

You're a gay couple. You mentioned your wife and wifey...so she's a she.

Then you said "After our yummy lunch." No man says yummy so you're a female.

Am I right?

(I'm enjoying your review.)

Of course you piqued everyone's interest when you said you were going to remain anonymous.

Am I right?

Really? Is it THAT important that you figure that out?

The fact is, the poster has asked for some type of privacy. We need to respect that without trying to play Sherlock Holmes.

Uggggg.

Really? Is it THAT important that you figure that out?

The fact is, the poster has asked for some type of privacy. We need to respect that without trying to play Sherlock Holmes.

Uggggg.

Nonsense. This is a public board so privacy isn't logical. If Kwagmire chooses to ignore my post and not reply that's up to Kwagmire.

After unpacking, we headed back out to the Lido deck for another round of Red Frog, and met Alfred, whom you've now met as well. After this, we headed up to Serenity for a while, got a clamshell, and sat and read and drink for a bit. I took some pics of the Miami skyline, which look exactly like everybody else's pics of the Miami skyline, so I will spare you those for now.

After this, we went down to the room, to find some, but not all, of our luggage. This was somewhat stressful, as the remaining bag we were missing had all of our shoes in it, so all of my wife's fashion planning would have been for naught, and I know that would have broken her heart. So I was stressed, by her stress.

We left to go to muster, and when we came back, I decided to check the OBC account. I was expecting to find a sum from the Carnival Honeymoon Registry, as it was supposed to be in our account automatically, but it was not there. Not good. To make matters worse, as I was trying to call them to find out *** was going on, the ship started sailaway! So, we literally spent our first sailaway sitting in the room, stressing over luggage, and desperately trying to sort out money issues on cellphones crackling as they were losing signal as we pulled further and further from shore.

After I lost connection, I decided to try to not let it ruin my night, which is kind of out of character for me; normally, that's exactly what I would have done. I don't like unfinished business. We sat and fretted in the room, and the last piece of luggage FINALLY showed up around 630, and we had steakhouse reservations at 7. There were still full carts of luggage coming up at this time. It seemed like they were way behind.

Now, as you may already know, the steakhouse gives a free bottle of wine if you go the first night, plus we wanted to start with something special. Once we arrived, we were immediately seated at a private table, and the night started getting a lot better:

2exo3o4.jpg

2r61v5u.jpg

After the amuse bouche, we ordered, and had our appetizers:

My wife normally likes shrimp cocktail anyway, so this was an easy choice for her:

2af05ye.jpg

She said the shrimp were so good that they didn't even need the sauce. I didn't get a pic of the actual shrimp up close, but they were as big as a fist, and about 4 or 5 in the glass.

I had the crab cake:

2416yhf.jpg

I would call this, "good". There was nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't leave any lasting impression. I actually thought the one in the MDR was better (more on this later in the week).

Next up: Salads.

The wife had the gorgonzola/tomato thing:

24wxb0m.jpg

She said it was good, although it was pretty obvious the tomatoes weren't exactly garden-fresh. Then again, how could they be in early June? But the seasoning was nice, and the cheese was excellent.

I had the blue cheese/mushroom thingy:

2ynp8i1.jpg

I thought it was pretty good. Spinach fresh, mushrooms seasoned, the leaves properly dressed, not smothered or dry, and once again, the cheese was excellent. I mean, it's a salad, I can only get so excited, but I know from experience that I need these when I travel for digestion, so there you go.

It's getting pretty late, so I'll do the main courses tomorrow.

Am I right?

LOL, W T F???? No, we're a male/female couple. But even if we weren't, why would that be something to conceal? It's 2012, dude.

LOL, W T F???? No, we're a male/female couple. But even if we weren't, why would that be something to conceal? It's 2012, dude.

YOU are hilarious and I am loving your review. I have friends with some very difficult family members, so I totally get the desire to remain anonymous. Heck, no one on my husband's side of the family knows how many times we have been to WDW. LOL. I don't care. You have a fun writing style and I am looking forward to reading more.

Haha! The funny thing? I don't drink! But my DH is determined to "veg out" and hang out with the cool adults, instead of hanging out at the pools or kids areas with all the moms and dads of little ones!

My review of our Dream cruise is on my siggy.... quite boring compared to what we hope is a Super Fun Cruise!

Kwag.. sorry to hijack... back to your wonderful review, please!

Catrin

Lol...I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful cruise. :D

Best.Response.Ever. :D

Class Act!!! Love it.

CIA?? NSA? Just kidding. Going to enjoy your review.

I'm a family lawyer, I'm guessing that it's ex-spouses or baby mamas and/or daddies who would try to use evidence of a cruise as evidence of financial wherewithal.

Not that I've ever cross examined someone with their facebook posts or anything....just saying!

Anyway, just my guess, and if I'm right I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, everyone needs a honeymoon, I'm blessed that neither my or my husband's ex are unreasonable but not everyone is so lucky!

Archived