Bon Voyage Gifts

PHOENIXfire

I know we should all have these problems, but as a concerage level we get a bottle of champagne for our Bon Voyage castoff. We are also celebrating our 25th anniversary on this trip too. What is to keep our TA, friends and family from sending the same gifts, which they usually will tend to do. Will Oceania stack these gifts up and inform us or will they end-up canceling themselves out and we will not know or findout about them. I am not sure if anyone can answer this question or has experienced this problem. I don't want to ask my TA this question so as not to appear tacky :p and I don't want to make any suggestions to loved ones to spoil any surprizes. I suppose we need to pass it up to the lord and let Oceania just bring us a case! :eek: Regards.

I know we should all have these problems, but as a concerage level we get a bottle of champagne for our Bon Voyage castoff. We are also celebrating our 25th anniversary on this trip too. What is to keep our TA, friends and family from sending the same gifts, which they usually will tend to do. Will Oceania stack these gifts up and inform us or will they end-up canceling themselves out and we will not know or findout about them. I am not sure if anyone can answer this question or has experienced this problem. I don't want to ask my TA this question so as not to appear tacky :p and I don't want to make any suggestions to loved ones to spoil any surprizes. I suppose we need to pass it up to the lord and let Oceania just bring us a case! :eek: Regards.[/quot

Oceana will attach a lengthy list of spirits with booking confirmation that may be given to guests. Beware these are roughly three times duty free prices. You shouldn't consisder it tacky asking your TA these questions...it goes with

the job and service.

And...while this was not a part of you inquery one should always thank a TA for any gift upon returning from a cruise. Why? Because it is not unheard of for a gift to fall between the cracks and never reach the guest. No acknolwedgement places the TA in a tacky situation if he/she wishes to confirm receipt.

I haven't looked at the earlier posts but no, swapping the bottle is not a problem.

It does depend on your cabin category (in terms of what quality bottle you have received), but the dining room staffs will swap champagne out for red or white, or vice versa.

And if you want to bring the gratis bottle to the table, your table mates will be happy to share --if you want to do so!

We used to always bring our champagne to the table (which was a "shared" table) and offered to share with the others. Later on we figured out that we could swap out our champagne for a red or a white.

It really depends on what you want to do.

Mura

It seems to me that the Original Post was asking in a round about way if Oceania offers any kind of a Gift Registry type of thing, in order to avoid duplication of the Bon Voyage gifts that one receives.

Sadly, they do not.

However, I do know from experience that if one ASKS, the Gift Order people ARE ABLE to see which gifts are already on order. They won't tell a third party "who ordered what", obviously, but they will help to avoid multiple orders IF ASKED.

The question is, how does PHOENIXfire relay that fact tactfully to family and friends???

It seems to me that the Original Post was asking in a round about way if Oceania offers any kind of a Gift Registry type of thing, in order to avoid duplication of the Bon Voyage gifts that one receives.

Sadly, they do not.

However, I do know from experience that if one ASKS, the Gift Order people ARE ABLE to see which gifts are already on order. They won't tell a third party "who ordered what", obviously, but they will help to avoid multiple orders IF ASKED.

The question is, how does PHOENIXfire relay that fact tactfully to family and friends???

Was it "Honest Abe" that said" honesty is the best policy"

Jancruz1

Thanks all for your suggestions and ideas. John2003, we are heading to Seattle and then over to Victoria Island BC to see the Fairmont Empress and Beauchart Gardens August 13-16 with a Yankee Clipper crossing. Regards.

Archived