Med Cruisers - Black and White Ball?????

RD64

Recent Med cruisers - I was wondering if HAL holds a Black and White Ball on the longer Mediterranean cruises. There was one last summer on the Rotterdam classic transatlantic, and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

Thank you

Recent Med cruisers - I was wondering if HAL holds a Black and White Ball on the longer Mediterranean cruises. There was one last summer on the Rotterdam classic transatlantic, and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

Thank you

I don't expect it on a regular Med trip (and haven't seen it) as they are very port intensive. On the longer cruises with more sea days - yes, I do expect/hope to see it.

How do you find out in advance when they are going to have one? We have been on several cruises that there was a Black/White Ball, but did know until we saw it listed in the daily events. Fortunately we did not have a problem dressing for it, but advance notice would have been nice. Never got to dance with the Captain either.

Med cruises are very port intensive -- don't count on one.

The only time we have encounted the Black and White Balls have been on long cruises -- like 21 days or more where there are several sea days.

The only way we knew about them was reading them in the daily Exporer program.

How do you find out in advance when they are going to have one? We have been on several cruises that there was a Black/White Ball, but did know until we saw it listed in the daily events. Fortunately we did not have a problem dressing for it, but advance notice would have been nice. Never got to dance with the Captain either.

I just plan for a Black/White Ball. That is the formal I wear for the last formal night. Traditionally that's when it's held. If no ball, I'm still in my black and white.

Archived