HAL letter to Mariners misleading?

sciteach603

I just received a letter from HAL thanking me for my Future Cruise Deposit and offering to double the shipboard credit on selected cruises if booked by a certain date. Several other offers in the body of the letter. Went to book one of the cruises listed. TA tried to get dbl shipboard credit and was told by HAL it can't be combined with any other offer? Quite confused and frustrated by the letter and response. Anyone else having the same experience?:mad:

I had an offer of a shipboard credit on next sailing thank-ayou letter if booked by a certain date... I recently booked another HAL cruise 2 days before the deadline of that thank you letter. Booked with Future Cruise Credit I had which also gave me on board credit - was not a problem at all...My trav agency also had an offer and am receiving some additional through them.

I just received a letter from HAL thanking me for my Future Cruise Deposit and offering to double the shipboard credit on selected cruises if booked by a certain date. Several other offers in the body of the letter. Went to book one of the cruises listed. TA tried to get dbl shipboard credit and was told by HAL it can't be combined with any other offer? Quite confused and frustrated by the letter and response. Anyone else having the same experience?:mad:

There some sailings that do not qualify with the ZPM. Does the sailing you chose give you any other ship board credit? Other Ship Board Credit coming from HAL disqualfies the ZPM with the exception of CCL Stock credit (that comes from CCL) or getting the discount for being a teacher. There are also just a few sailings depending on how the Flash sale is listed also do not qualify because it is already deeply discounted.

I was told it was good for any sailing as long as booked within 60 days of getting off of a HAL ship. We used a Future Cruise Deposit from last year, but the fact that we just got off of another HAL cruise meant we could double the onboard booking credit for the one booked with the Future Cruise Deposit.

There some sailings that do not qualify with the ZPM. Does the sailing you chose give you any other ship board credit? Other Ship Board Credit coming from HAL disqualfies the ZPM with the exception of CCL Stock credit (that comes from CCL) or getting the discount for being a teacher. There are also just a few sailings depending on how the Flash sale is listed also do not qualify because it is already deeply discounted.

That is interesting as I always thought HAL was more generous (well more so than Celebrity) and let you combine all kinds of OBC.

The OP stated they booked one of the cruises listed in the letter. Perhaps they will say which one.

HAL's rules on this promotion can be misleading IMO. I got this promo, plus another one from them and my TA and they said I could do one but not both. So why did they bother to send both at almost the same time? I ended up with double credit and I thought that was fair (was hoping for triple but I knew that likely would not happen).

DaveOKC

That is interesting as I always thought HAL was more generous (well more so than Celebrity) and let you combine all kinds of OBC.

The OP stated they booked one of the cruises listed in the letter. Perhaps they will say which one.

I had one cruise and actually it was my last Alaska cruise that HAL would not let me combine it. I had booked the cruise just a few days after I got home from our Hawaii cruise in November. HAL was having a big Sale on Alaska giving me $100.00 per cabin Ship Board credit. I used my Future Cruise Deposit to book so of course I had that credit which was $50.00 PP because it was an SY cabin then I was getting the $100 from HAL for being an Alaska Cruise. I tried to get the ZPM and they would not apply it. I could get one or the other. They were actually both the same since I was already booked in a Suite. I of course was also able to get my CCL Stock credit. ;)

I have also seen where some Flash Sales that have been greatly reduced were not combinable.

My guess the OP has booked a cruise that has some special offer, maybe even an air promotion with air credit and again then the ZPM is not combinable.

Thanks for all the help and comments. After speaking to a nice customer service agent at HAL...and after she had to take time to figure out the fine print... Seems the upgrades and double shipboard credit are only on a few of the sailings listed. Of course, not the one we are booking,ha!

Glad to have an answer, but think the personal letter from HAL is QUITE misleading and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

First time I've been disappointed with the way HAL does things. Guess no one is perfect....

I found the one we received was also misleading and was not impressed. Other people received the credit and others did not. I was told by my PCC that I could not "double dip" and that I could only get the OBC that came with using my FCC. In the "fine print" it says can't be combined with any other OBC.

Archived