Unlimited laundry

arewethereyet

I forgot to mention, on our Amsterdam 14 day, we bought the unlimited laundry package for $98. It worked out for us, as it would have cost $156 for the laundry we had done, if priced seperately. We kicked part of that back as a cash tip at the end of the cruise. The turnaround time was never more than 24 hours or so, and sometimes it came back the same day. It was really strange to have to pack so many clean clothes at the end of a cruise.

I forgot to mention, on our Amsterdam 14 day, we bought the unlimited laundry package for $98. It worked out for us, as it would have cost $156 for the laundry we had done, if priced seperately. We kicked part of that back as a cash tip at the end of the cruise. The turnaround time was never more than 24 hours or so, and sometimes it came back the same day. It was really strange to have to pack so many clean clothes at the end of a cruise.

My DH loves coming home with all clean cloths. It is so worth it for the price. Glad you took advantage of this service.

The Unlimited Laundry package is essential for us in Alaska. Used it once on all four of our AK cruises, including the 2 times we went on the 14 day itinerary. On those, packed only one week's worth of clothes knowing we'd be using this service - kept luggage weight down and plenty of room to bring "stuff" back from our adventures! Best deal going offered on HAL!

Items like shirts and pants are pressed and placed on hangers.

Items like pajamas are folded, wrapped in tissue, and placed in neat little baskets.

I send my better things out too and they come back in good shape. The laundry follows the laundry directions on the tags.

Makes me feel like a princess.

My DH loves coming home with all clean cloths. It is so worth it for the price. Glad you took advantage of this service.

He sounds like me...I will certainly use this service...for the price, how can you not?:D Beats doing my own wash on Princess:eek:

We used this service too, and it was terrific! Clothes that needed ironing were ironed and on hangers, everything else neatly folded. Even my husband's handkerchiefs were ironed! (I told him not to expect that here at home! :D ) And it was fast -- so long as we sent the clothes out in the morning, they were back by dinner time. I didn't do any price analysis, but it was far worth it to not have to do laundry, or overpack!

And HAL does a great job with the ironing/pressing. Never had to send anything back with a double crease in a pair of silk slacks - which always happens at home!

And yes, what a nice perc to go home and not face a month's worth of laundry.

we were very happy with the "Unlimited Laundry package " on last couple of cruises ( this is a great perk for suite quests) I would get this for amy cruise over 7 days , just lets you bring less clothes

Is it only available if you are staying in a suite? Or can anyone use it? We're staying in an "J" interior cabin.

Is it only available if you are staying in a suite? Or can anyone use it? We're staying in an "J" interior cabin.

Anyone can pay a small fee to use the unlimited service and it is well worth it. We paid $63 ($9/day) for a 7-day cruise in Europe. Others on here have mentioned the price fluctuates depending on the destination.

And HAL does a great job with the ironing/pressing. Never had to send anything back with a double crease in a pair of silk slacks - which always happens at home!

And yes' date=' what a nice perc to go home and not face a month's worth of laundry.[/quote']

Agree, we always send our cottons & blends out & they are beautifully pressed...However, don't normally send out my dressier Formal clothes, as once had to send a lined silk jacket back which was pressed with a crease in the sleeves.:eek::(. Fortunately the crease came out...Whew..

However, for our Jan cruise it looks like we'll have to send some of my good things out to be either laundered or dry cleaned & hope for the best as we expect to have 10 - 12 Formal nights.. :eek: Hopefully, not more..

Since we only have 26 & 27 inch suitcases, my dear Friend suggested we take her two larger cases in place of two of our smaller ones.. Seriously thinking of doing that..Fortunately HAL is having FED EX pick up 4 of our suitcases to be delivered to the ship..Trying to plan clothes for this cruise is blowing my mind, as want to have a much as possible laundered before we return home..;)

Cheers..:)Betty

It's a great package. We decided to get it on our first cruise and have used the service on every cruise since. For the price it's a no brainer. As one person posted you need only take half of the clothes that you did before, and you take clean clothes home. How great is that?

We also used the unlimited package on that same cruise. Great package. Clothes were always back within 24 hours. They came back pressed. I did not use 25% of the clothes I packed because of the great laundry package. I would highly recommend purchasing this package.

We're currently booked on our 8th Holland American cruise and have been using the unlimited laundry package for the past 6 cruises. We love it. It means we can pack less and stay well within our weight limits for airline regulations, and it also leaves us plenty of room to bring home souvenirs. They do a great job of everything and we have not had anything come back that is less than perfect. Even my little tennis socks (half socks) were pressed. :rolleyes:

Why would you come home with dirty laundry, or spend hard-earned vacation time in the laundromat?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We have reached four star status and will have free laundry from now on. However I will continue to only use it for things I do not care about, such as socks, husband's underwear and pajamas.

Items sent to the laundry in pristine white condition always come back a dingy grey and looking like they have been beaten to death. Colours come back "off". Fortunately when I get home a few proper washings and some colour brightener will take care of the problem. This has been my experience on all HAL ships that we have sailed and is not limited to one.

I would sooner pay for an extra suitcase each than use the free laundry. I think I may do some shirts by hand and send them out to be pressed only, as they do a very good job of pressing.

My husband always marvels over the fact that the officers' uniform shirts are sparkling white and wonders who does their laundry.

Archived