Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Singapore to Shanghai June 2012

It is no longer a secret. We cruise to eat the desserts! We ordered every dessert on the menu - there were 4. The waitress magically turned up with 5!

AWESOME. Here we go:

The crepes - highly addictive.

20v13ea.jpg

Praline chocolate crunch.

wgwz0w.jpg

Almond Polenta Cake

2i8ev7n.jpg

The banana thingy.

2d1adk7.jpg

And the bonus cake.

30l00ae.jpg

Day 4 afternoon - they held 2 ice shows. In total there would be 4 ice shows. There were 3,200 pax on board. The ice venue (Studio B) could hold 750. So they divided us into 4 groups.

Our group was the very first ice show on Day 4. Show started at 1:30pm. Doors opened at 1pm. By 12:50pm, there was already a long line.

We went early to get good seats. Managed to get front row but not in the main block.

2el8mkl.jpg

Taking videos and photos were allowed, as long as flash was not used. Show was fast-paced and entertaining.

xqfh91.jpg

The ice-skaters invited the woman to be part of the performance. Now you know where to sit if you want to get involved!

348n291.jpg

1znssk5.jpg

The show was certainly one of the highlights of our cruise. I have never seen anything like it before.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

After being majorly disappointed with RCL´s menu items in the past 3-4 years and especially onboard the Brilliance this last April with the worst food ever (yes, it was that bad!), I am very happy to see lot´s of new items on the menu. Looks like I can await a big improvement there for my October cruise.

No need to say how much I also love your review with all the pictures! Thank´s so much for sharing this with the world...

Mike

After being majorly disappointed with RCL´s menu items in the past 3-4 years and especially onboard the Brilliance this last April with the worst food ever (yes, it was that bad!), I am very happy to see lot´s of new items on the menu. Looks like I can await a big improvement there for my October cruise.

No need to say how much I also love your review with all the pictures! Thank´s so much for sharing this with the world...

Mike

Thank you. My wife and I have benefitted much from reading cruise critic over the past year or more.

This is pay-back time. ;)

More pictures coming up.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thai style beef salad - 'moos' not included.

160q25e.jpg

Crab cake, claws were nowhere to be found.

f4jl0m.jpg

Kung-Pao chicken. Seriously, not up to mark. I suggest to rename "Kung-Fu chicken" instead. Kung-Pao chicken creates high expectations amongst many Chinese.

sm8r69.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

This was the Con-something pasta. I hope I didn't get conned. Not too bad, but then again, I'm no pasta expert. I cruise to try food.

qxkxmb.jpg

My share of the Lasagne. Decent quality. Ok, the secret is ok. Bread plates are for eating Lasagne & all sorts of other stuff. We belong to the nation of Why Not?

11m96bs.jpg

The pan-seared fillet of soul.... oops, sorry I meant sole.

pw3li.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Loving your pictorial review. Thanks so much for taking the time!

Glad you are liking it.

I thought of just creating a wall of text.

But that wouldn't work well.

We all have different perspectives.

Words just can't convey what the pictures can.

2w2ju2p.jpg

View from the balcony.

Well, the docking arrangements in HK were rather complicated. Ship was scheduled to arrive at 4pm and anchor in Junk Bay. Tender operations would begin and tenders would continue till 1230.

Then at about 4am, the ship would move to Modern Terminal. The next day, shuttle bus services would be available from Modern Terminal to Central HK.

2a918vd.jpg

The tenders could seat about 250 to 300 passengers.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

They call this Bay Scallop Gratin. Duh. I propose to rename it to "Escargot no more!" Seconders please raise your hands!

1t7gr7.jpg

Escargot no MORE!

This is nice !!! my family and me love it so much during our trip on 7th June 2012 to 11th June 2012 ...thanks for the nice photo..

Mike

Was everything bad?? I found the food on the Brilliance last month good! and I'n not that type that go to Denny's, Applebee's , Chillie's etc

Edited by Topo Gigio