Alaskan Review with PICS!

BeachBum1007

Loved your review, I really appreciate when people do these reviews for us !

And, I always learn so much ! Because of your review, I ordered some boots from Academy sports for 19.99, for my cruise. Thank you .

And, love seeing the beauty of Alaska, can't wait for my cruise in July !:)

Loved your review, I really appreciate when people do these reviews for us !

And, I always learn so much ! Because of your review, I ordered some boots from Academy sports for 19.99, for my cruise. Thank you .

And, love seeing the beauty of Alaska, can't wait for my cruise in July !:)

I thought this was one of the best reviews I've ever read, full of info, beautiful pictures! I am going to Alaska again this May and looking at your pics has me rarin' to go. On my last cruise, I also did the Harv and Marv whale watch and the flightseeing with Island Wings and some of your pictures could be mine! Brought back so many wonderful memories. We also did Olympic NP after - wonderful, breathtaking; we saw bears strolling down the road!

Like the person above, I also wondered about the boots and will be ordering a pair for sure! It's a girl thing,you guys!! :) Again , thanks for the great concise review that highlighted everything that is Alaska!

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
We are also planning to drive up in Skagway instead of taking the train. You had mentioned that the murray's guide is not complete. Are there any other resources that would help in finding all those good spots to stop over ?

I just want to thank all of you so much for the sweet replies! I truly enjoyed writing this review and I'm so glad it has helped so many people. I hope you ladies enjoy your boots from Academy, I still use mine on rainy days here in Houston ;).

Sorry for the late reply to your question narsibvl! Grad school has me crazy busy. :rolleyes: As far as the murray's guide goes, you may want to do a google search that has versions in km and miles. The hardest part of the guide was that the mile markers did not always seem relevant or the guide threw us off. "Did we pass it? Was that it? Shouldn't it be here by now?" were questions we kept asking. This was difficult because we felt like we were on a time crunch and we kept turning around because we were getting confused. It also switches to km once you get into Canada so make sure you have a good app on your phone that can convert if you're not familiar with it.

My best advice would be to go to trip advisor or look on murray's to find the best spots that sound appealing to you, research them, make sure they're still there (random open fields where an old log cabin was supposed to be?), and make your own map on google maps or something of that nature. There ARE a lot of great sites that you can't miss because of good signage, so don't feel like you will be completely on your own with locating places.

Also, don't be too disappointed if you can't find what you're looking for. It's all beautiful and it's about the adventure of the drive and stumbling upon those sites that make it the most appealing. My favorite moment of this drive was pulling over on the side of the road to climb a "mountain" (hill) to try and get closer to the snow. We ended up being much farther from the snow than realized, but ended up finding that beautiful little oasis of water and greenery that I could have stayed at all day searching for mountain goats. (From the picture I posted)

Hope this helps! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, just wanted to say a late but big thank you for the review and wicked photos. :) Loved the ports, wildlife and Olympic photos at the end. Thanks to your review and the board info, decided to give HAL and Alaska a try (fingers crossed) this summer. Have a great summer cruise in the Mediterranean! If you are interested in NCL or a slice of the Med there's a review in my sig.

Hi, just wanted to say a late but big thank you for the review and wicked photos. :) Loved the ports, wildlife and Olympic photos at the end. Thanks to your review and the board info, decided to give HAL and Alaska a try (fingers crossed) this summer. Have a great summer cruise in the Mediterranean! If you are interested in NCL or a slice of the Med there's a review in my sig.

fireflies, thanks for your sweet comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed my review. I really hope you love Alaska as much as I did, please let me know the outcome (although I'm confident it will be a positive one)! Thanks for the well wishes in Europe, I am getting so incredibly excited! I will definitely check out your review, thanks for the information :)

Going on our first cruise to Alaska in May your very comprehensive and interesting Review with such beautiful pictures has helped alleviate the anxiety about what and where we should try to do. Driving is not an option for us but we will go on line and look at alternative tours with more confidence. Thankyou.

• 3 weeks later...
Going on our first cruise to Alaska in May your very comprehensive and interesting Review with such beautiful pictures has helped alleviate the anxiety about what and where we should try to do. Driving is not an option for us but we will go on line and look at alternative tours with more confidence. Thankyou.

Yes, don't be scared to book on your own! Thanks for your compliments, glad I could be of help :)

Archived