Alaskan Review with PICS!

BeachBum1007

The next day we saw the rest of the park. It is absolutely gorgeous here and I highly recommend seeing it at some point in your lifetime. We could not afford to do a Denali land tour this trip, so this was our alternative. Feel free to ask me any questions about the specific sights if you're interested.

On one of our hikes

Alaska%25202011%25201435.JPG

Alaska%25202011%25201438.JPG

One part goes into Forks, Washington, so I had to stop for the Twilight views (La Push beach and a few others) given the chance.

Alaska%25202011%25201472.JPG

Part of the Ho Rainforest

Alaska%25202011%25201475.JPG

LOVED seeing the Northwest Pacific coast

Alaska%25202011%25201496.JPG

Alaska%25202011%25201497.JPG

Unfortunately, we didn’t arrive to Seattle in time to view the city, but I’m sure we’ll be back. We stayed at a hotel and then flew out the next morning.

Weather report: Olympic was a little chilly. I wore sweaters and layered with my sturdy rain boots. Those things came in handy a lot! The coast was colder than when we were more inland.

This was an absolutely amazing trip. I understand that most people don’t have the same agenda as we do, but I hope the review helped you get a better understanding of what to expect and what to do. I am more than willing to answer any questions that anybody may have about the specifics.

Thank you to everyone who has been so nice and complimentary. I look forward to doing another review soon!

Thanks,

Amber :D

Alaska%25202011%2520330.JPG

That is an amazing goal!! And yes, we feel the same way!! We hit as many as we can in one trip. We leave a week from today to Yellowstone, Tetons, and Glacier NP! And then in two years we're planning on Zion and Arches. Can't get enough!

Amber, great reviews and pictures!

We are also National Park people. Enjoy Yellowstone, Tetons and Glacier. We haven't been to Glacier yet but by farm my favorite is Yellowstone..been there twice. In the Yellowstone lodges they provide you with little bear shaped soaps. I collected them and one sits unused on each bathroom sink in my house, to remind me that we will be back!:)

Unfortunately, the website I use for my images somehow reset my link key and now they are unavailable to view to everyone. I am working with the CC team to be able to edit them and repost the images. Hopefully it will work. I will let everyone know when all is well! Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Thanks for the review. - We just returned from the June 15 Amsterdam 14 day cruise. Love the Alaska Brewery beers pictures. I have taken a strong liking to the Alaska Amber beer. The Spec's Website in Houston shows they carry it so I won't have to go into withdraw! We had alot more ice in the water at Tracy Arm and it was a cloudy day. I look forward to more pictures.

Glen

Amber, Your review and pictures were awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with everyone on CC. We are doing alot of the same excursions on our trip in August, and your input really reinforced that we planned correctly.

Anne Marie

Thanks for the review. - We just returned from the June 15 Amsterdam 14 day cruise. Love the Alaska Brewery beers pictures. I have taken a strong liking to the Alaska Amber beer. The Spec's Website in Houston shows they carry it so I won't have to go into withdraw! We had alot more ice in the water at Tracy Arm and it was a cloudy day. I look forward to more pictures.

Glen

YES!! You have no idea how excited I was when I found out it was arriving to Texas! I have gotten everyone I know hooked on it.

YES!! You have no idea how excited I was when I found out it was arriving to Texas! I have gotten everyone I know hooked on it.
I read this and started to get excited too, thinking you were talking about the ship. :D

Then I read it again and realized that you were only talking about the beer!

If you really plan it right, we could have both. Just think how great it would be to have a cruise ship going to Alaska from Texas next year, with Alaska Amber beer on board. ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an awesome review. Your pictures are amazing, I think I've been through them 3 or 4 times now. Have been on 2 Alaskan cruises and some of the pictures bring me right back - others in places that I haven't seen make me want to go again.

Thanks for the great review and awesome pictures. We just returned from first Alaskan cruise on Princess -NB Vancouver to Whittier earlier this week. We had pretty much the same itinerary except we did College Fjord instead of Tracey Arm. Nice to see Ketchikan in the sun, as it was teeming buckets of rain the day we stopped there. Actually it rained almost every day except mid-week in Skagway, just overcast. We did the Chilkoot train up/mini-van bus down and it was a great experience, plus really informative narrative both on the train and the mini-van. Our mini-van only pulled over once by the Alaska Welcome to the Klondike sign as there was two people who needed to make a specific ferry to get from Skagway to Haines to catch their HAL cruise ship. In Juneau we took a bus that we picked up at the Mt. Roberts Tramway that took us to Mendenhall. Skipped Mt. Roberts as it raining and we had just done the amazing Grouse Mountain tramway in Vancouver, which is the longest in North America. We absolutely loved Vancouver. Our cruise was actually an add-on to a business trip for my husband in Vancouver, so we arrived there on Saturday the 16th and picked up our cruise on the 23rd. I am not usually much of a fan of cruising but the experience in Glacier Bay (despite the on and off rain) and College Fjord on our last day which was gloriously beautiful was so spectacular, I would do again.

Loved reading your review and the way you wrote it. Loved seeing your pictures. We just got home this last Friday night, June 29 from a 7 day cruise southbound on Celebrity Millenium with a 7 day pre-cruise independent trip. If I can figure out how to put my pictures on I may try to write a review also. I have never put pictures on here.

I love touring Alaska. There isn't much else more beautiful than the gorgeous, serene, awe-inspiring beauty of those mountains, glaciers and waterways.

Thank you for all your time spent putting this together for all of us to enjoy.

Well, now after seeing it posted, it doesn't look too bad.

The Homer Spit is in Homer, Alaska, the other side of the Kenai Peninsula from Seward.

Amber - I hope you and your family can go back sometime in the future and do some land touring also.

Archived