Rccl stock

joyce&bob

We just purchased RCCL stock - and are cruising Celebrity on a 7 day cruise in 2013 & a 14 day cruise on Celebrity in 2013.

We have requested our OBC through RCCL - will we be notified when these are added to our reservations - or do we have to wait until we are on board for them to show-up??????

Please advise how these credits are handled.

Thanks....

When we request we do it by email and ask for confirmation and have always received a prompt response. I don't think they send you any notice if you don't' request a confirmation.

A few days after the cruise begins you'll see the credit appear as a credit on your on-board account.

If you want a confirmation you might try emailing them at the email address on the RCL Investors web site and ask for a confirmation that the credit has been applied. Do note that the credit can not be combined with any other OBC provided by Celebrity nor with certain discounted fares.

We just purchased RCCL stock - and are cruising Celebrity on a 7 day cruise in 2013 & a 14 day cruise on Celebrity in 2013.

We have requested our OBC through RCCL - will we be notified when these are added to our reservations - or do we have to wait until we are on board for them to show-up??????

Please advise how these credits are handled.

Thanks....

I usually fax them a letter with my booking number and a copy of my stock report. I normally do this about a month or two prior to the cruise. I think they want to make sure it's current.

Last cruise my TA told me to send the info to them, and they would send it to Celebrity and track it along with the OBC they are giving to me. I thnk I will do that for forthcoming cruises, but I think it is way to early to send in now for 2013.

I already sent in proof for my 2013 cruise. They told me to bring proof with me since it is so far in advance.

I plan to call about a month before my 2013 cruise to ensure it is still there.

I received an email back (I submitted request by email) that the credit had been added and plan to take that email with me.

I already sent in proof for my 2013 cruise. They told me to bring proof with me since it is so far in advance.

I plan to call about a month before my 2013 cruise to ensure it is still there.

I received an email back (I submitted request by email) that the credit had been added and plan to take that email with me.

How long was it between the time you sent the proof to them and the email saying that the credit had been added ?

How many shares do you have to buy for an OBC?

How much is the OBC?

How long do you have to hold the stock prior to sailing?

How do you prove you own it--is there a form?

Thanks

How many shares do you have to buy for an OBC?

How much is the OBC?

How long do you have to hold the stock prior to sailing?

How do you prove you own it--is there a form?

Thanks

This link should answer all your questions. You need 100 shares. I send in a current copy of my stock statement to Celebrity along with my booking number, date of sailing.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

This link should answer all your questions. You need 100 shares. I send in a current copy of my stock statement to Celebrity along with my booking number, date of sailing.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Just want to assure the OBC for owning RCCL is combinable with the OBC a TA gives you. Per clause 9 of the above:

"...Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates."

Just want to assure the OBC for owning RCCL is combinable with the OBC a TA gives you. Per clause 9 of the above:

"...Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates."

You just can't combine "other" Celebrity OBC such as booking a cruise while on a cruise. No problem combining TA OBC.

Watch out on the 'TA' OBC. Sometimes they offer an OBC as their own which is really a Celebrity credit, and you find out after the fact that you can't combine them. Be sure to ask Before you make the reservation. Happened to us.

And realize that when you get on board, it can take a day or so before your OBC's shows up. You'll see charges such as drinks and so on being added, but no credit OBC for a day or so. My daily auto gratuity also didn't show up for a few days either. I've seen posts where people got very upset and go down to the Front Desk to get it straightened out....my suggetion is relax, give it a few days and enjoy the cruise. No one is going anywhere who you'd talk to about any issues, they are on the same ship and you'll cut down on standing in line and getting upset over getting something 'fixed' that will most likely show up shortly.

Den

Well,there may be problems with combining OBC but it is complicated. There are two wys that travel agents generate on-board credits. One way is to reduce their commission. This would be combinable with the shareholder credit. Another way is to be passing on some credit provided by the cruise line, so in this case, the travel agent is in a pass-through situation. This would not be combinable with a shareholder credit, since it really is a Celebrity deal from the beginning, you may not be able to tell which kind is which....ask your travel agent for further details.

Archived