Spelndor review 6/10-17

mbclaw13

well this trip was planned for our milestone vacation to celebrate son H.S Graduation and daughter turning 16, hubby turning 50 and me turning 40, I planned this trip as a surprise for the family. booked all our excurions through local vendors and saved tons of money. and the kids didnt know we were doing the ship until the hotel dropped us off.

Boarding the boat, this process was quick and easy once we checkecd our luggage with the baggae guy at the drop off we went over to the check in, they had a desk with about 12 folks checking in people. we waited in line for about 5 minutes, the lady took our passports and reviewed our itenerrary and gave us a boarding pass and we had to wait for about 1 hour to board, they played carribean music and we did people watching. then they did the VIP boarding and then we boarded we went into a building went through the detectors then on to do our photos and boarded the ship.

While we waited for our room we had lunch up on the lido deck, we did the burrito bar for lunch and my hubby did the grill. food was good and Hot, I had read lots of reviews where folks thought the food wasnt hot but it was:p.

we had to wait until 2 pm for the luggage to come so we checked out the gym and spa. Kids wanted to see the basketball court and the pools.

At 2 I went down and decorated the door to surprise the kids, I decorated with Bday stuff and graduation, we had the best looking door in the ship LOL.

we just chilled on the deck as it was a beautiful day in Long Beach our luggage had not arrived yet to unload, then at 4 we had to go to the safety talk we all went to the level and stood in lines for about 20 minutes, the worst of this is that it wasnt very organized and folks stood in front of the doors so they made them move. after the safety it was time to sail. the tooted the horn and off we went, my daughter and I went back to our room and passed our luggage on the cart so we grabbed it and the attendants saw us so they brought to our room, unpacked and changed in time for dinner.

Our waiter Milan was AMAZING. my kids loved him during this trip, he had the greatest personality and laugh, we had a table to urselves.

and we were off. we are on our way to cabo where i had booked parasaling for the 4 of us along with snorkeling for the rest of the day. we booked through an awesome guy named Eduardo. the 2nd day in Cabo we went and swam with dolphins, I booked again outside the ship and saved money, then in PV we did the famllies favorite tour which was the zip lines at Los Veranos,

more to come with pics :)

029.jpg.db7365bb20a2183c38e3ae09f9184931.jpg

Great review so far. Looking forward to more..

My only question is...HOW DID YOUR KIDS REACT??????

it was so funny we got through dropping off the luggage and my daughter finally says "hey there are no planes here" they thought we were flying to WA for 2 weeks, below is the pic of them :)

surprise.jpg.4ccc34b426981e64471f04f1f7c7759f.jpg

it was so funny we got through dropping off the luggage and my daughter finally says "hey there are no planes here" they thought we were flying to WA for 2 weeks, below is the pic of them :)

That picture is worth a thousand words.:o

Monday day 1 at sea. today the family did their own thing our son got involved in the Trivia challenge and volleyball and ping pong, Hubby and I got up early and headed to the gym at 7 am and all the machines were taken and there was a line to use the weights, so we went on the running/jog track on the 11th floor, it was nice and breezy out and was pretty to watch the sun rise. Daughter and I hung out in the sun and listened to a singer from Canada named tommy. He was good had lots of stories.

We met up for lunch, kids did the grill, hubby did the Lido and had cultural food and I did the Deli.

At 4pm we headed down and did pictures as it was the 1st formal night. We did about 4 pictures before our dinner and then went to the dining room and had a nice dinner, They had some fun entertainment in the dining room where the waiters were dancing,

After the pictures we went to the comedy shows, there were 2 comedians that did shows, the shows fill up fast so if you want good seats you need to get there fast,

After the show we went and did midnight Pizza with our daughter and they had movies on by the pool and you could get blankets and popcorn.

474.jpg.c4544b81186a69f9faa5f6513f3b55bc.jpg

160.jpg.5bba988444b0994a37ae86a6e041035d.jpg

127.jpg.178b971356ef0efa9250ac0f6b400057.jpg

1016.jpg.e2c46f98ae3ba14a76a3dd81691d46cc.jpg

gym at 7 am and all the machines were taken and there was a line to use the weights,

Thanks for the great review!! I am enjoying your review I will be on the Splendor in 5 days!!!!! :D

I am amazed...that

1. you guys woke up and hit the gym at 7AM on a cruise...awesome!!! I need to do that too!

2. Even more amazed that the gym was full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the rest of the review coming! Very fun to read and it seems like u guys had a great time!

Cabo day 1

we got up early to get our tenor passes at the desk on the 5th floor we decided since we had the early departure we would do room service the food was ok, cereal and toast and juice and coffee. We then had to wait for them to call our number we were in group 5. We waited on the 10th deck so we could see cabo as we entered, once they called that we could go down we went to the theater and waited they had some videos on for entertainment, then they called group 1-9 and we went down and got on the tenor to cabo.

Prior to our trip I had booked our day with Eduardo from bluebajaloscabos. He did an awesome day for us. We got off the tenor walked about 5 minutes and his office was on the marina. You will get tons of folks asking if you want a water taxi or tour. We went out on a boat to do parasailing. My daughter was wearing Lycra shorts, the harness rode up on her legs, and bruised her, and they teased her that she has a Mexican tattoo. LOL after we did the parasailing they took us back to the dock where we got on a glass bottom boat with Eduardo’s son and he did a tour of cabo, gave us tortillas to feed the fish. he gave us sandwiches, water, sodas, snorkeling gear, chairs and umbrellas, the dropped us off at Lovers beach and gave us as much time as we wanted, there were folks selling fish tacos and jewelry. The had a guy with Iguanas and let you hold them and take photos, the kids found a crab and they had a blast in the water. The water is very warm compared to the west coast beaches we are use too then they came back and got us and brought us back to the marina all this for under 200 dollars for 4 of us.

179.jpg.1f62204902be7f80d3c8280177f0afc8.jpg

190.jpg.a1e58a7b3a80cb445f9d5c011b10a453.jpg

191.jpg.dac5e1f5c2f2a3d86fe52bd03ac61b90.jpg

198.jpg.7410e46398520788c51103755d93c805.jpg

197.jpg.ba96d55baafb252d1938b7c464fbdcb4.jpg

Smilegirl,

Would you be able to pick up a copy of the camp schedule for the 9-11 group and send it when you return? Have a great trip, we go next month.

Thanks for the great review!! I am enjoying your review I will be on the Splendor in 5 days!!!!! :D

I am amazed...that

1. you guys woke up and hit the gym at 7AM on a cruise...awesome!!! I need to do that too!

2. Even more amazed that the gym was full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the rest of the review coming! Very fun to read and it seems like u guys had a great time!

Cabo day 1

we got up early to get our tenor passes at the desk on the 5th floor we decided since we had the early departure we would do room service the food was ok, cereal and toast and juice and coffee. We then had to wait for them to call our number we were in group 5. We waited on the 10th deck so we could see cabo as we entered, once they called that we could go down we went to the theater and waited they had some videos on for entertainment, then they called group 1-9 and we went down and got on the tenor to cabo.

Prior to our trip I had booked our day with Eduardo from bluebajaloscabos. He did an awesome day for us. We got off the tenor walked about 5 minutes and his office was on the marina. You will get tons of folks asking if you want a water taxi or tour. We went out on a boat to do parasailing. My daughter was wearing Lycra shorts, the harness rode up on her legs, and bruised her, and they teased her that she has a Mexican tattoo. LOL after we did the parasailing they took us back to the dock where we got on a glass bottom boat with Eduardo’s son and he did a tour of cabo, gave us tortillas to feed the fish. he gave us sandwiches, water, sodas, snorkeling gear, chairs and umbrellas, the dropped us off at Lovers beach and gave us as much time as we wanted, there were folks selling fish tacos and jewelry. The had a guy with Iguanas and let you hold them and take photos, the kids found a crab and they had a blast in the water. The water is very warm compared to the west coast beaches we are use too then they came back and got us and brought us back to the marina all this for under 200 dollars for 4 of us.

Do you have a link/number to this Eduardo?

Replace "tenor" in the above reviews with "tender"

Tenor: A singing voice between baritone and alto or countertenor, the highest of the ordinary adult male range

Tender: Nautical: A vessel attendant on other vessels, especially one that ferries supplies between ship and shore.

If you weren't confused, ignore this post. I just had this picture in my mind of riding Luciano Pavarotti into port. :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled review.

Ron

Do you have a link/number to this Eduardo?

Room7 ... I've been corresponding with Eduardo for a little over a month now... he is very reasonable and is very willing to accommodate us as far as time & prices. Here's Eduardo's email: bluebajaloscabos@hotmail.com

If you need additional information for Eduardo & his prices, just shoot me an email: mcarney@sc.rr.com

Marianne

well this trip was planned for our milestone vacation to celebrate son H.S Graduation and daughter turning 16, hubby turning 50 and me turning 40, I planned this trip as a surprise for the family. booked all our excurions through local vendors and saved tons of money. and the kids didnt know we were doing the ship until the hotel dropped us off.

Boarding the boat, this process was quick and easy once we checkecd our luggage with the baggae guy at the drop off we went over to the check in, they had a desk with about 12 folks checking in people. we waited in line for about 5 minutes, the lady took our passports and reviewed our itenerrary and gave us a boarding pass and we had to wait for about 1 hour to board, they played carribean music and we did people watching. then they did the VIP boarding and then we boarded we went into a building went through the detectors then on to do our photos and boarded the ship.

While we waited for our room we had lunch up on the lido deck, we did the burrito bar for lunch and my hubby did the grill. food was good and Hot, I had read lots of reviews where folks thought the food wasnt hot but it was:p.

we had to wait until 2 pm for the luggage to come so we checked out the gym and spa. Kids wanted to see the basketball court and the pools.

At 2 I went down and decorated the door to surprise the kids, I decorated with Bday stuff and graduation, we had the best looking door in the ship LOL.

we just chilled on the deck as it was a beautiful day in Long Beach our luggage had not arrived yet to unload, then at 4 we had to go to the safety talk we all went to the level and stood in lines for about 20 minutes, the worst of this is that it wasnt very organized and folks stood in front of the doors so they made them move. after the safety it was time to sail. the tooted the horn and off we went, my daughter and I went back to our room and passed our luggage on the cart so we grabbed it and the attendants saw us so they brought to our room, unpacked and changed in time for dinner.

Our waiter Milan was AMAZING. my kids loved him during this trip, he had the greatest personality and laugh, we had a table to urselves.

and we were off. we are on our way to cabo where i had booked parasaling for the 4 of us along with snorkeling for the rest of the day. we booked through an awesome guy named Eduardo. the 2nd day in Cabo we went and swam with dolphins, I booked again outside the ship and saved money, then in PV we did the famllies favorite tour which was the zip lines at Los Veranos,

more to come with pics :)

Great review ... can't wait to read more :) we sail on the Splendor in 82 days --- woo hoo!!!!

How long were you on the beach and what all did you see/tour with Eduardo? Did you book the zip lines at Los Veranos before cruising? Are there different zip line tours? I was looking at the CCL Extreme Canopy, but it is very expensive...but I liked the hiking, mule ride, rappelling, etc and some of the zip line tours don't offer all of that... can you post pictures of your excursions?

Thank you,

Marianne

I still am wanting to find out what the restaurant upstairs at the Lido is, I have heard some kind of chicken, rotisserie?

Yes its chicken, potato salad, salad, mac n cheese etc. Its good and never crowded.

Tenor: A singing voice between baritone and alto or countertenor, the highest of the ordinary adult male range

Tender: Nautical: A vessel attendant on other vessels, especially one that ferries supplies between ship and shore.

If you weren't confused, ignore this post. I just had this picture in my mind of riding Luciano Pavarotti into port. :D

Ron

Please read the rules as you can not correct spelling errors.

OP great review. I will be on her again in October. Looking forward to more.

Ron

Does that make you feel good about yourself, being a douche about an obvious spelling error? Not necessary and not cool, I dont care if it is a rule or not, its just an a$$hole thing to do.

Please read the rules as you can not correct spelling errors.

OP great review. I will be on her again in October. Looking forward to more.

Thank you for your gentle reminder. I shall be more careful in the future. If I offended the OP, such was not my intent. I had the funny picture in my mind of people loading up on Pavorotti and being ferried in and wanted to share it. Obviously I failed to share the humor.

Again my apologies to the OP. Thank you for taking your time to post your review and share your experiences with us.

Enjoy,

Ron

Great review so far. Anxiously waiting for more. Will be on the Splendor in January for the first time and very excited.....so any details you can give all of us that are sailing her soon would be much appreciated. :):o

Great review ... can't wait to read more :) we sail on the Splendor in 82 days --- woo hoo!!!!

How long were you on the beach and what all did you see/tour with Eduardo? Did you book the zip lines at Los Veranos before cruising? Are there different zip line tours? I was looking at the CCL Extreme Canopy, but it is very expensive...but I liked the hiking, mule ride, rappelling, etc and some of the zip line tours don't offer all of that... can you post pictures of your excursions?

Thank you,

Marianne

Marrianne yes I will post the canopy pics we booked the canopy for much less using a non cruise company and I booked before we left. we didnt have the mules. Hiking you will do. but we did get the ride to the destination and 15 zip lines and the guys were AMAZING!!! they also had a creek with ropes to climb and jump in the water they did a tequila testing after and then had where you could order food and drinks and the food was very good. for eduardo tour his son took us on boat tour of about 35 to 40 minutes showed us all the rocks and beaches and we were at the beach for about 3.5 hours. then we came back and he had showers to rinse off before we had to head back to the cruise.

Archived