To RCCL We want beer bags.....

Why start something and not continue it. We want beer bags, we want beer bags. They are handy and much better than the non existent bucket you have to wait for because they are always out of them.

Please bring them to all ships especially the Explorer...

As popular as they seem to be, you'd think it would be a money maker for RCCL. They could probably even raise the price a few dollars and people would still buy them. I would have bought one if they had had them on Mariner.

Why start something and not continue it. We want beer bags, we want beer bags. They are handy and much better than the non existent bucket you have to wait for because they are always out of them.

Please bring them to all ships especially the Explorer...

We had them on the Explorer in April after DH called RCL and was told they were to be fleet wide. He told the rep the Explorer did not have them and we were sailing in a approx 2 weeks. He told her she could email the ship. She called us the next day and said they would have them starting next sailing and they had them when we sailed.

I agree! but I have a question, we've brought soft sided coolers on and had to keep them in the bathroom because they leaked when the ice melted. Anyone have a suggestion of how to keep this from happening?

Maybe putting a plastic bag in the cooler and putting the ice in that?

I agree! but I have a question, we've brought soft sided coolers on and had to keep them in the bathroom because they leaked when the ice melted. Anyone have a suggestion of how to keep this from happening?

DH enjoys having a beer in the room while getting ready for dinner. We put a plastic thrash bag in ours. Had the leaking soft sided cooler on a previous cruise and took the bag with us the next time.

OK, what is a beer bag? We will be sailing the Liberty in September. Would love to have something in the room to keep beer cold (fridge does no good) instead of lugging our own. I think that the cruiselines would sell more beer if they could be brought back to the room without having to go out and purchase one each time you wanted a beer.

They were pushing them on Allure a few weeks ago and many many people were buying them.

To those that asked, they are a soft sided cooler that they fill with ice and a set number of beers (6 or 7 I think). You can then get it refilled for a discounted price. We didn't partake so can't help with the details.

They were pushing them on Allure a few weeks ago and many many people were buying them.

To those that asked, they are a soft sided cooler that they fill with ice and a set number of beers (6 or 7 I think). You can then get it refilled for a discounted price. We didn't partake so can't help with the details.

They are called a "burse" and here is Raptor with his burse on the Freedom last year :D

308108_10150300877041162_4665807_n.jpg

E (Raptor's DW)

I'm disappointed with the description of the "beer bag" -- here I was picturing those little aseptic pouches like they put little kid's juice drinks in (CapriSun et.al). I had this nice picture in my brain of someone pool-side, gripping a beer bag, driving the little plastic straw into the bag, and sipping :)

I've not found a good selection of beer on any cruise ship so I'll wait until I'm on shore!

I'm disappointed with the description of the "beer bag" -- here I was picturing those little aseptic pouches like they put little kid's juice drinks in (CapriSun et.al). I had this nice picture in my brain of someone pool-side, gripping a beer bag, driving the little plastic straw into the bag, and sipping :)

I've not found a good selection of beer on any cruise ship so I'll wait until I'm on shore!

I think you've just invented something-get to work!

Zip bags-the freezer type are thicker. I just did a 2 week "styrofoam cooler tour" & never had a problem. They're one of my "don't leave home without them" things! They're also great to transport wet or possibly leaky things, keep things dry & clean, organize small items, and I hear you can also put food in them!

More bulky but still useful-I had a large plastic water bottle that I filled with ice & put in the cooler. It kept things cold & as the ice melted you have water to drink.

Archived