Pics of Fascination - Brace Yourself....

A good friend of mine who works on several of the cruise lines once told me to "never sail on any of Carnival's ships that end in . . .tion"

Now I know why. Thanks for sharing those.

We have sailed with Carnival only 4 times...Inspiration, Pride and Conquest x2

The Pride and Conquest were absolutely wonderful and beautiful...the Inspiration was smaller than the others, but was very clean and nice back in 2001....I hope it also hasn't fallen into the same state as the Fascination. That was our first cruise ever and we loved it!

We sailed the Inspiration this past December and it also needed work eve though it had just been drydocked that October. We stayed in a Cat 12 suite and our closet door was broken, showerhead broken, room didn't feel clean, one elevator was broken all week, ice cream machine broken, my son's room smelled of sewage, etc. We had fun nevertheless but decided at that point we sail only the newer ships. We will give Carnival one more chance so have booked the Valor at Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, i really dont understand you. While the ship was in bad shape, was it really worth taking pictures of stains in the hallway, and rust in a pool? If thats all you have to worry about, your doing great!! Do me a favor, tell me which cruises you are going on so i will be sure not to book them. I cant stand people that find every little thing wrong with a ship, and to take pictures of it?? Thats a bit too far. Your on vacation, let the stains on the carpet and the rust by the pool go, and think about the positive side of things. While your cabin was in bad shape, tell the purser or something, dont take pictures of it and post it on a website. That doesnt show a lot of class. Maybe thats just my opinion, but my gosh that ship sees about 5,000 people a week, did you actually think it wouldnt have stains on the carpet????? please, loosen up.

-Rob

Polokidrob, that's a rather harsh reply. I, for one, actually want to know if a ship is in bad shape and sometimes pictures tell a story better than words. I have to scrimp and save in order to go on a cruise and I certainly don't want to spend my hard-earned money on a ship in such a bad shape. I would never stay in a hotel that looked liked that. I could probably overlook the stains, but the bathroom is disgusting. If that is mould around the bathtub, not only is it nasty looking, but it can be very unhealthy, especially for people with allergies. Going on a cruise is not like going to a hotel where you can just check out if you don't like the room and find another hotel. Most of the ships are sold out and you're stuck with the room. Looking at the last two pictures, it is obvious that "Grandeur" still found something positive about the trip.

Okay, i really dont understand you. While the ship was in bad shape, was it really worth taking pictures of stains in the hallway, and rust in a pool? If thats all you have to worry about, your doing great!! Do me a favor, tell me which cruises you are going on so i will be sure not to book them. I cant stand people that find every little thing wrong with a ship, and to take pictures of it?? Thats a bit too far. Your on vacation, let the stains on the carpet and the rust by the pool go, and think about the positive side of things. While your cabin was in bad shape, tell the purser or something, dont take pictures of it and post it on a website. That doesnt show a lot of class. Maybe thats just my opinion, but my gosh that ship sees about 5,000 people a week, did you actually think it wouldnt have stains on the carpet????? please, loosen up.

-Rob

I appreciate the photos.....lets me know what cruise not to take. I spend hard earned money to take a nice vacation in a clean envirnoment....not mold encrusted, stain filled rooms.

And by the way....your '*****' title didn't show ANY "class". So you really aren't in a place to be making those kind of comments.

I've been on larger ships that don't have those kind of stains. So maybe YOU should loosen up.

-Rob

A Cat 12 should NOT look like that.

It was a good thread IMHO.

-Rob

I for one am very glad he posted the pictures, now I know I definetly will not be sailing on that ship and probably not any other carnival ships. If they don't care enough to take care of that ship, what else don't they care about?

Rob must have a financial intrest in Carnival? Why? Why would anybody put up with that mess? You spend your hard earned dollars for that?

Okay, maybe i did over react. But that is one thing that gets on my nerves on vacation. I cant stand hearing people find every little thing wrong with a ship just to talk about it. I guess i overlook the smaller things, say the pictures of the pool he took pictures of. Now if i booked a cat.12 suite and it looked like that, dont get me wrong, i would be upset. But i would probally report it to the purser or maybe ask for a change in rooms. Maybe i should have just kept my comment to myself but it really gets on my nerves hearing people talk bad about stains on carpet, stains on a pool, a little bit of paint missing, etc. Anyways, sorry if i offended any of you.

Sincerely,

Rob

Archived