Question Regarding 10th Cruise/Platinum

sunny227

Ok, scheduled for a cruise on the Triumph in September. (YAY!) It will be my 15 year old daughter's 10th cruise (but only my 9th), I assume that her platinum perks start on the 10th cruise. Does anyoine know?

If so, does that mean that the passengers in the cabin she is in (myself and one other) get VIP checkin/boarding?

Thought I would check here before calling Carnival to ask.

It looks good that first time you see it :D

Yes it does.

So glad that Carnival allowed those who were close the opportunity to achieve Platinum the old way (with the number of cruises) by the end of 2013!!!

You are moving up ....

From the looks of the coming sailings.... you are not just moving up...you are moving ON !! (onto the ships....permanently) :)

Just look at your boarding pass, it should say VIP in the corner. yes it applies to all in the same cabin only (not to other cabins)

You can view this boarding pass as soon as you get around to filling edocs out.

Fire answered your question correctly (RE: VIP), but just a clarification (so you aren't disappointed later):

Don't extrapolate VIP boarding into everyone in the cabin gets Platinum along with you...just the priority boarding. I've heard of people being mad because everyone in the cabin wasn't offered Platinum bene's, just because one person was.

Enjoy!

GP

I think it depends now on sea days and not cruises. Check on Carnivals site and your / her status.

If she is not platinum and doesn't have the required sea days she won't be platinum. You will need to have sailed 75 days before your next cruise to be platinum. Days scheduled don't count, don't know if they do count when completed during a cruise or if you have to wait until that cruise is completed to count.

I think it depends now on sea days and not cruises. Check on Carnivals site and your / her status.

If she is not platinum and doesn't have the required sea days she won't be platinum.

Yes, the new program is now days at sea BUT... if you are able to get in 10 cruises before December 2013 you will be grandfathered into Platinum regardless of the # of days at sea you have...

Yes, the new program is now days at sea BUT... if you are able to get in 10 cruises before December 2013 you will be grandfathered into Platinum regardless of the # of days at sea you have...

Thanks. I just seen that. That is very generous of them.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. :) I understand that she is the only one who will get "platinum" perks once on board.

She was so close to platinum status I'm glad that Carnival is giving us until December 2013 to get there. Not really a big deal, but I am oooohhhhh so close. :p

My daughters are going on their 10th cruise next week. When I printed out the docs, on the passenger list, after their names it says "Platinum". Before, it is not. We always had the VIP logo on the boarding pass from us, but now the documents do call them out as platinum.. Hope that helps.

YAY for the grandfathering!! We booked 4 in the next years time so we could make platinum before the change.. Im excited.. Normally we only do 1 per year and were about to go to 2 per year. but this caused us to booked twice that amount..

I will be Platinum for my Wedding Cruise.. Im so excited. :D

Archived