Problems on Infinity

iandjm

Why didnt we fly home? The finantial penalty would have been massive. I had saved up for this very special trip and it would have been destroyed. That would have been plain silly.

The asst housekeeping manager described the mould as below the service and not cleanable, but it was cleaned later that night. Ok so they fixed that, but should a passenger have to find it in this state NO! Certainly my standards are high enough not to bathe in dirty water, and I mean puddle coulored dirty, even if it is safe. It left a black soot like deposit on your skin. So we had another room to shower in, at the opposite end of the ship. I am sorry but althought that was a help it is NOT acceptable.
I do not complain for the sake of it, and have up to this cruise never had cause for serious complaint on any other cruise ship. There is obviously a fairly major maintainence issue on the 'M' class ships, as I have never seen so much rust on any other ship, even those twice Infinity's age.

Ian

[quote name='iandjm'].The voucher is only of any value if you book another cruise with Celebrity.

Ian[/QUOTE]If they absolutely force it on you, and you can't figure out what to do with it, please advise at your earliest convenience!

Just my 2 cents here. We have travelled Celebrity a few times and found the conditions, i.e. rooms to be next to perfect. However, last September our room really did look like it needed major overall, on the Infinity.

The vanity in sitting room area was really abused looking, cosmetic. The bathroom, in shower had mold, that was finally cleaned up after I made a inquiry, nicely, if it could be given a little more elbow crease.

The kicker however was the carpet. It was horrible. Someone obviously had a major problem and the carpet was stained very badly. I don't mean, little spots... I mean vast areas, perhaps, 2' x 3' and in several places. Ok, well stains happen, but the thing that we noticed upon entry, was the smell...which I likened to vomit. Fortunately, we had balcony and opened door and kept door open most of our cruise. I asked, again, nicely if perhaps a bit more attention could be given to this carpet. I think in end, due to fresh air and perhaps we just got use to it, :eek: ... but we soldiered on.

We were not inconvenienced by any of this, but I have to admit, we were a tad disappointed that such a room was available to passengers. This was no bargain cruise for us and we have come to expect more from Celebrity.

IanI would not accept and the reason I say that is recently I have had cause to raise an issue with UK Celeb and I was offered a very unacceptable response. I emailed Mr William's office in Miami merely restating the facts - it was a very short letter not pages of issues. I was offered a completely different response - even the tone of the letters was different. was very happy to accept the Miami based offer and have rebooked another cruise immediately. I do not think Weybridge are as "empowered" as the US

We will be cruising on Infinity to Alaska on 6/9 out of San Francisco and I am becoming increasingly concerned as I read these posts. We will be in a Sky Suite as well. The mold in the bathroom and rusty balcony as well as the stained carpet are rather alarming.

We cruised the Constellation in July of 2003 and she was beautiful and spotless. I am very particular regarding housekeeping issues and would be highly disappointed if we encounter the same issues on our sailing.

I am surprised that Celebrity would allow these types of situations to occur.

Has anyone else sailed on Infinity recently? I would love to hear about your experiences.

Nancy

Hi and thanks for your reply. Could you possible mail me the email address to send a letter to the guy in Miami. My email is [email="iandjm28@hotmail.com"]iandjm28@hotmail.com[/email] Iandjm28 @ hotmail . com

We have written to miami but have not yet had a response. Any details of what Celebrity offered you on the end would be appreciated too

Many thanks

Ian

Ian
Jack Williams the CEO, who is about to retire, was where I had success last week. Although the ultimate response came from Weybridge, it was at the direction of Miami. Even though Mr Williams is departing, his excellent PA is not!

[email="jwilliams@rccl.com"]jwilliams@rccl.com[/email]
Good luck

OK... I'm not in a sky suite, so maybe I shouldn't worry, BUT I also consider the ability to shower in my own room with clearn water something to take for granted. Even in a Motel 6, I would expect that.

I'll be going to Alaska leaving 5/28 on the Infinity and will attempt to write about it while we're traveling (if I can find a cheaper route than using the system on board)... in my last cruise 4 years ago, I encountered dirty grout on a newly renovated ship... bummed but didn't let it ruin my trip... dirty shower/bath/jacuzzi water that I would have to immerse myself in, whether clean or not, is a little different.

We had a guy come clean my dad's carpet about a month ago; his machine got out stains that were there more than 10 years ago that I thought would never come off. My husband had already tried with our Bissell cleaner several times. Therefore, there really should be no excuse for a business whose business consists of lodging to have dirty carpet. I think there's not enough time in between trips for them to really clean the rooms, and each cabin steward probably has too many rooms to care for daily (okay, some are less detailed than others too).

Dear Boltnut 55,

We will be on the 6/9 sailing of Infinity to Alaska and would appreciate any posts you can submit while you're onboard. Ian has me worried about what we can expect on the Infinity.

I am disappointed to hear of his problems. We were on the Constellation two years ago and she is an amazing ship. The Constellation was beautiful and spotless.

I hope you have a great trip and Ian's experience was an isolated incident.

Nancy

Katiebeth, there is no need for you to be overly concerned. I know that my incident was not in the majority. I spoke to several CC'ers and our tablemates and they all had absolutely no problems with their rooms.

I think what BoltNut said, is spot on. That no doubt there is not time between most sailings, for a thorough clean to be done. However, regardless, it just is not acceptable.

My only regret is I never thought of taking a few photos to back up my view here, I know pictures speak a 1,000 words.At any rate, we had a WONDERFUL crusie Katiebeth, and I know you will too.

Oh yes my second regret, I should have insisted on compensation ;) (It never crossed my mind)!

[font=Comic Sans MS]Katiebeth:............I am glad someone finally gave you a response, (HappyMe) I mean no disrespect here so please hopefully this will come out the way I want it to.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I have seen several of your pasts asking about Infinity so I know you are very concerned. I meant to write this yesterday. We are leaving this Saturday for our 12 day and I can assure you I am not concerned at all. This case, while not a very good example of the ship, is I am sure, an isolated one as others have noted. I have been haunting these boards for a while now and it is an interesting phenomena that folks seem to key on ONE bad example when there are TEN good ones. Of course we don't want to get "stuck" with the problem but honestly, with a couple of cruises in between this one and yours I doubt that this problem will be allowed to continue. After all, how many people do you think Celebrity wants running down their passageway to take a shower. I promise you I will do some checking when we are aboard and convey that here. Please, try to relax, think about the GREAT cruise you are going to have and Bon Voyage.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]To the original poster: I do not think anyone has asked you this (I may have missed it) what would you think is fair compensation for you folks? Thanks.[/font]

Dear Catmand,

I agree with what you said. It must just be human nature for us to sometimes focus on the negative remarks posted. I am sure that most of these problems are isolated and do not reflect the experiences of the vast majority of cruisers. We had a magnificent time on the Constellation. It could not have been better.

I am very much looking forward to our cruise on the Infinity and hope you have an absolutely wonderful cruise.

Also, HappyMe, thanks for the response. I am so pleased that you had such a great cruise!

Nancy

Archived