Problems on Infinity

iandjm

Hey guys,

We're having problems with out sky suite on Infinity at the moment on our 15 night Panama Canal cruise. We have brown and unuseable bath water!! There are no spare suites nboard to move to so we are stuck with having to use a cabin aththe opposite end of the ship for bathing. Less than convienient! We have been given $200 each OBC but have asked for more as the situation has not been solved, indeed I am not aware of the crew doing anything to solve it. We also had an isssue with all the grout in the bathroom being covered with mould, which we had to get the chief housekeeper to inspect and clean.

Apparently Celebrity will be contacting us when home. Any idea what we should ask for??? Cruise credit? I am not usualy one to ask for compensation but this time travelling in a suite on a high rated ship I expected better to be honest.

Any information from people about what Celelbrity did for them would be appreciated.

We are on the Infinity until Monday

Many thanks

Ian

And to add to it they forgot to deliver our invite the the cruise critic onboard meeting, se we missed out on meeting the other guys onboard.............. great eh! Ian

Poor Ian! Sorry you're having a terrible experience. We had similar bad luck on Century last year and got ABSOLUTELY NO SATISFACTION on board from the purser, head of guest relations, and concierge. Had to wait until we got back to home sweet home to write a scathing letter to Celebrity Cruise Lines. After being treated like scum aboard the ship we finally managed to get a satisfactory resolution with customer service. We're going to give Celebrity another try this summer, but if that turns out anything like our first experience we're done with them. Best of luck to you! :(

Ian,

We were on the sailing prior to you and our neighbours also experienced the same "mysterious brown water" in their stateroom. They had workers trying to find out "why" the water was not clear and ended up finding another stateroom for them. Luckily, there were some available staterooms vacant so they were able to relocate to more comfortable accommodations.

This particular stateroom was an aft concierge class cabin on deck 8 port side right above the suites. We wondered if this was an isolated case--apparently not!

Good luck--I consider having usable water in one's stateroom a necessity and one should not have to rely on going to the pool for a bath!

OK, this is a truly legitimate complaint. Certainly you deserve more than $200 p/p onboard credit! I hope Celebrity steps up to the plate and properly takes care of you. I am generally not too sympathetic with most complaints, but brown bathwater and a shower down the hall when you booked a suite is just a bit much. Good luck!

Linda

We were on the 4/17 sailing on the Infinity. We also had brown water every now and then. You could really notice it when you were washing things out in the sink. Just when you thought you could rinse, the sink would fill up with dingy water. Also...no cold water except for the first 10 seconds when you turned the tap on . It was really hard brushing teeth in the morning. But, I got used to it and I guess my gums probably liked it.

The only other water issue we noticed was the showers by the pool. No cold water there either. Was pretty bad when we were sunburnt and could have used a really cold dousing. Everyone was talking about it, but it never changed over the 14 days. Oh well...didn't really impact our cruise one way or another. :)

Must be a recurring problem that they just haven't been able to figure out and correct.

Happy Cruising All,

Michele :)

I suggest you take picutres from as many different angles and as up close as possible to get your point across for proof while on the ship AND when you have to communicate with Celebrity from home.

Sorry to hear about your problem! Wish we could be on the same cruise with you, we'd let you use our bathroom anytime.

Dave and Elaine

Take some of the following photos:

1. A clear container filled with dirty water; perhaps your sink filled with dirty water too. If it shows up in your shower spray and it's visibly dirty water, shoot that too.

2. Take some pictures of you talking to the people at the Guest services desk; get their faces in the photos and write down the names of any person you talk to about this. Get photos and names of any officers, housekeepers, etc, with you in the picture talking to them.

3. Send the Hotel Manager a note with the web address of this discussion; let him understand that HIS NAME will be on the internet as being unhelpful and unconcerned, along with photos showing exactly what you found so disgusting. Tell him that all the photos of the filthy water, along with photos the many unhelpful members of his staff with whom you interacted will be posted on the web, and that forever, when anybody Googles his name, they will get an account of how he did a lousy job. Talk about "leaving a legacy"!

4. Buy a piece of poster board and write on it in big black marker: "Celebrity has ruined my vacation...ask me how". Sit right by the entrance to the buffet, or at the pool side, or anywhere there are a lot of people (maybe right outside the "Future Cruise" booking desk...Believe me, Celebrity doesn't want you discussing their inadequate and uncaring response with lots of other people--shame them into doing the right thing.

5. Wander around below decks in the crew area--you'll be stopped immediately by the first crew person you see--but tell them you're looking for a shower. They'll call security--and an "incident" will start: you'll explain why you can't use the facilities in your room, and that you're sure that "the staff doesn't have brown water in their facilities, so you'll just use crew showers, thanks very much". The captain of the ship reads the security report, and will ream the hotel manager for this, ESPECIALLY if it becomes public (and you're going to make sure it does, right here on CC), ESPECIALLY if there are photos (not just the paranoid mutterings of some psycho passenger), and ESPECIALLY if the whole episode of bad publicity could have been prevented by some simple courtesy and customer service on the part of the Guest Relations Staff and the Hotel Manager.

Go get 'em, Tiger. I can't stand this kind of behaviour on the part of Celebrity, and they need to get the message that we can't stand it either.

Good luck

Lurker,

This is really obnoxious. You should go back to lurking. Having to shower at the other end of the ship is certainly not acceptable and the OP should be taken care of, but let's not get carried away before there is any resolution. We were on Infinity in April in an aft cabin and did experience a little of the brown water as well. It only happened for short periods of time though. I never would have considered asking for anything and it really was of no consequence.

Celebrity has been more than generous with people who have experienced problems. I'm sure if there had been another suite available they would have moved them.

For once this is a complaint that sounds very valid. Plenty of people have given you good advice. Just remember that once you are home the folks down in Miami seem to be less helpful than those on board so I would seriously take plenty of pictures of the mess!

Take some of the following photos:

1. A clear container filled with dirty water; perhaps your sink filled with dirty water too. If it shows up in your shower spray and it's visibly dirty water, shoot that too.

2. Take some pictures of you talking to the people at the Guest services desk; get their faces in the photos and write down the names of any person you talk to about this. Get photos and names of any officers, housekeepers, etc, with you in the picture talking to them.

3. Send the Hotel Manager a note with the web address of this discussion; let him understand that HIS NAME will be on the internet as being unhelpful and unconcerned, along with photos showing exactly what you found so disgusting. Tell him that all the photos of the filthy water, along with photos the many unhelpful members of his staff with whom you interacted will be posted on the web, and that forever, when anybody Googles his name, they will get an account of how he did a lousy job. Talk about "leaving a legacy"!

4. Buy a piece of poster board and write on it in big black marker: "Celebrity has ruined my vacation...ask me how". Sit right by the entrance to the buffet, or at the pool side, or anywhere there are a lot of people (maybe right outside the "Future Cruise" booking desk...Believe me, Celebrity doesn't want you discussing their inadequate and uncaring response with lots of other people--shame them into doing the right thing.

5. Wander around below decks in the crew area--you'll be stopped immediately by the first crew person you see--but tell them you're looking for a shower. They'll call security--and an "incident" will start: you'll explain why you can't use the facilities in your room, and that you're sure that "the staff doesn't have brown water in their facilities, so you'll just use crew showers, thanks very much". The captain of the ship reads the security report, and will ream the hotel manager for this, ESPECIALLY if it becomes public (and you're going to make sure it does, right here on CC), ESPECIALLY if there are photos (not just the paranoid mutterings of some psycho passenger), and ESPECIALLY if the whole episode of bad publicity could have been prevented by some simple courtesy and customer service on the part of the Guest Relations Staff and the Hotel Manager.

Go get 'em, Tiger. I can't stand this kind of behaviour on the part of Celebrity, and they need to get the message that we can't stand it either.

Good luck

ROFLAO !!!

I did not realize how much suites cost on Panama Canal cruises until checking it out. The $200 pp OBC seems way to low to me. To me, a reasonable offer would be 25 percent refund for this cruise and 25 percent off future booking. In addition to the already offered OBC, the OP should be receiving royal treatment--comped dinners at the SS United States and spa treatments.

It did. It's not sewage...probably rust. I think the OP deserves more consideration, I just objected to lurker's shenanigans. We haven't heard from the OP as to what any final disposition of the matter on board is. Take the pictures and document the situation, but there's no need to be a jerk.

Not rust? All the piping is pvc. I had mold in my shower on the Summit a few weeks. We asked twice to get it cleaned but no luck. I am not sure I know what is going with X but I don't like it.

Ian,

We were on the sailing prior to you and our neighbours also experienced the same "mysterious brown water" in their stateroom.

I hope they sort this out for your fast - I'd consider it wholly unacceptable to have to shower in a cabin down the corridor! :eek:

.... I don't like to ask which suite you're in, but we're booked to 8117 on the port side on Infinity in 4wks :(

Thanks Linda

Hi Joan - only a few more weeks till we stay in Union Square San Francisco ;)

Lurker JD apparently is a lawyer, but I'd be willing to bet he's one of those who does the 3 a.m. ambulance-chasing ads on tv. :D

Allen

To not have clean water in the cabin is absurd. To have paid for a suite on such a long cruise and not even be able to bathe in your own cabin is ridiculous. Offering the OP $200 OBC is a slap in face. I really think in this instance they should get at least 50% of their money back.

I always get regular cabins..inside and outside.....Never had any problem and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Everyone stay away from the Suites..They are over priced and obnoxious anyway. IMHO of course

Good Luck

Jeff

Archived