4th of July Debate!

dawnie216

Happy 4th everyone...4 months to go till im on board the Miracle :-) My fam and I were just enjoying this beautiful weather poolside and got into a floatie debate which leads me to the question at hand...are adult floatie devices allowed in the pools on board??

Happy 4th everyone...4 months to go till im on board the Miracle :-) My fam and I were just enjoying this beautiful weather poolside and got into a floatie debate which leads me to the question at hand...are adult floatie devices allowed in the pools on board??

Not sure of the answer, but I can tell you that in over 100 cruises, I've never seen an adult in the pool, with any kind of a "floatie". Frankly, the pools are so small, that if you had three or four "floaties" in there, there wouldn't be enough room for anyone else in the pool.

"SKY"

Not sure of the answer, but I can tell you that in over 100 cruises, I've never seen an adult in the pool, with any kind of a "floatie". Frankly, the pools are so small, that if you had three or four "floaties" in there, there wouldn't be enough room for anyone else in the pool.

"SKY"

Very true

Pool Hogs leaving their floaties in the pool are warned that any floaties left unattended for more than 30 minutes will be tied to the back of the ship and thrown in the wake. All passengers returning to find their floatie "floating" will kindly be asked to join it. :eek::D

Carnival pools are teeny tiny. I have only been on 3 lines, but Carnivals are the tiniest.

Children can wear floaties on their arms .. but thats about it.. I can stand up in the pool its not deep, and its about 4 strokes across if it wasnt filled with kids.

(seriously, that is the rule, not sure where I read it.. but only childrens flotation devices that they can wear), not like a board or something.

Only floaties that are attached to your body, things that cannot 'shoot' out and bump into someone.

For kids water wings are fine, for adults some sort of vest. No floats, tubes or kickboards.

Our theory is if you are only water safe with a floatation device you are not water safe at all. There are no lifeguards on cruiseships.

Pool Hogs leaving their floaties in the pool are warned that any floaties left unattended for more than 30 minutes will be tied to the back of the ship and thrown in the wake. All passengers returning to find their floatie "floating" will kindly be asked to join it. :eek::D

works for me.

• Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

FYI, from the Carnival web site.

Archived