We are aboard Allure in 25 days time and looking for advice to entertainmet?

Dance the night away in Blaze disco (Entertainment Place - Deck 4)

Groove to Latin music in Boleros (Royal Promenade - Deck 5)

Live music (theme changes nightly) and dancing is featured in Dazzles (Deck 8)

Check your cruise compass for information on special dance clubs like Club 21 which is featured in the Solarium (Deck 15)

Hi. and we thank everyone in advance for their advice.

We're not heavy into disco? But we like to have a dance or two after meal esp after getting dressed up.

Any advice??

Not into disco than skip Dazzles. However when I was on the Oasis they had a excellent band that played a wide range of music.

If you like Latin music than Boleros is your place. It is probably the most consistently attending lounge.

Jazz and blues will be in the Jazz on 4 lounge. Depending on band this might be your place.

Blaze will have a variety of dance music but it is provided by a DJ. Make special request.

Dazzles is great to listen to or dance to music and they have non smoking on the first floor and if you smoke than go to the second floor. Boleros is very heavy into smokers, while the music is good you can choke with all the smoke.

The Allure of the Seas was one of my favourite cruises, there is plenty to do on board! Wonderful ship, no over crowding, except I did find over crowding in the Windjammer Cafe on the first day in the afternoon when people boarded, so i suggest not eating there, as it was hard for us to find a table, try the park cafe or the cafe in the promenade, those are free of charge i believe. After dinner, there are plenty of lounges and areas to go to. Try Studio B or the Theatre for wonderful shows, or hit boleros, jazz on 4, on air club, rising tide bar which goes between the royal promenade and central park. On the last night, there is a disco, for everyone to attend, its fun, you have to be there even though you aren't into it, as i wasn't either, its still fun! I even enjoy walking around the ship at night as there are plenty of venues, particularly central park in the early morning and late night, very nice. You'll have a great time on board, im sure of it!

TheCruisingQueen

Past Cruises:Norwegian Jewel (November 2009), Norwegian Epic (March 2011), Royal Caribbean Allure of the seas (September 2011), Celebrity Equinox (March 2012)

Cruises coming up soon:

New England Cruise! Can

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=TheCruisingQueen&date=2-22-2013&text=Can

Loved, loved, loved Dazzles!!!! Some nights are a live band, some nights a DJ. It was the music I grew up with. I'm 46 if that helps you any!

They have little lights on the tables. If you want a drink, turn it to green. If you need no service, turn it to red.

For regular, scheduled entertainment:

Book as soon as they let you - so not to get blocked out.

See the Aqua Theater shows as early in the sailing as possible - high seas can cancel the showes and if you wait, you might not see them.

Bring a sweater with you to the main theater (Chicago), it gets cold.

So much to do on that ship, you can never do it all!

Does anyone know when they will update the Showtime at a glance on the website?:confused: The current one goes from the April 1 to July 1 Sailings. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/showtimes_AL.pdf

This is a total guess on my part...but I am thinking they may update them tomorrow when they do some of their weekend updates to the site.

Does anyone know when they will update the Showtime at a glance on the website?:confused: The current one goes from the April 1 to July 1 Sailings. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/showtimes_AL.pdf

No!

FYI the last group that is able to make show reservations is the 9/2 sailing group. The rest of us are still waiting for reservations to open up.

Except for the shows all other reservations have been available for a while.

Thank you all, 23 sleeps to go ;)

Loved, loved, loved Dazzles!!!! Some nights are a live band, some nights a DJ. It was the music I grew up with. I'm 46 if that helps you any!

They have little lights on the tables. If you want a drink, turn it to green. If you need no service, turn it to red.

I waited along time to take my second cruise and I chose Allure of the Seas. Simply because I wanted something very nice, different and with lots of stuff to do. And I found that in spades!!!

Great ship, very big, very clean although I did not feel like there were 5000 people on board. We did the three restaurant dining package which was very good. Great steak at the Grill House. Samba's Grill was interesting as it was our first time dining in a Brazilian restaurant. I was not feeling well as I was supposed to have my gallbladder out prior to leaving but that did not work out so I would of enjoyed it alot more.

The service was excellent, the food impressive although the Windjammer Cafe was very large it was difficult to find seating for beakfast. The main diningroom was nice and the first night there we sat with two other couples who were very pleasant.

The shows were very good. Didn't see Chicago. We had it booked for our last night but it was late so we didn't go. Prices were a little high and I was not impressed having to pay extra for bottled water. Just a note on that. They do leave 1 liter bottles of water in your fridge so unless you're planning on drinking about 8 large bottles of water you would be better off just to take it out of the fridge. I only used about 2 or three bottles. My husband had the Coke package and he found that to be useful. But still, having to pay for non alcohol drinks did not sit well with me.

continued from above. I loved the Sanctuary at the front of the ship. It was for adults only with palm trees and relaxing chairs.

The one pool was kinda neat because you could sit in the water in a chair. It was like overflow. Just don't put anything beside you that you don't want to get wet!!! It was a bit crowded by 1100 but we usually grabbed any chair then moved. I loved the nice cool drinks in the different glasses.

We played ping pong, watched the wave rider. They had the staff put on a show which was very good. Mini putt, rock climbing, and my husband tried the zipline. He said it felt like you just got on and then had to get off. It wasn't very long but a different touch. Loved Johnny Rockets for a great burger and sundae. ( a little extra cost). The shore excursions were nice. We did not see Magens Bay in St. Thomas as we had to dock on the other side due to the size of the ship. Which, by the way they do not tell you in advance. But we did take a small van into town which was about $4 each for each way. Alot of jewellry stores there if you're looking to spend money!!!:o

We did not see Magens Bay in St. Thomas as we had to dock on the other side due to the size of the ship. Which, by the way they do not tell you in advance.

Actually it is pretty common knowledge that the Allure and Oasis dock at Crown Colony pier rather than Havensight as even a little reading or minimal research would have revealed. Some Holland America and Princess ships dock there as well. Getting to Magen's Bay from Crown Colony is not really anymore difficult than getting there from Havensight is and should not have prevented you from seeing Magen's Bay if that had been your desire.

Glad that despite these few minor problems, you enjoyed your cruise.

Archived