cAT 6k Cabins none open via Carnival website.....

daijayx2

Hello all. I just got off the phone with my pvp and I am very excited to announce I have booked a cruise for Feb 2014 on Carnival Valor leaving San Juan going to the southern Caribbean.

After seeing a post about a 6k cabin I did some research and called Carnival and then my PVP and I have this spectacular cabin booked!!

Now here is my ?? I know that there are only 2 of these cabins available on this ship and I booked at an es rate. I know price drops are probably going to be slim to none! Understandable.

I a just wondering why these cabins 9200 & 9201 cat 6k are not available via the website and they are not listed with any price under the fare-viewer or the fish site.

I have attached some pics of my cabin and just anted to share my excitement and was wondering if anyone had any insight on why these cabins don't appear to be avail on any sailing I looked at all though I was able to book by calling in and requesting??.. Will they open these cabins up for booking via the website at another time?

Thanks.... Melissa

22fcbf6d.jpgMy cabin is to the far left port side all the way front notice the odd shape of the room 9200

Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Beautiful view!

Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

Look how huge!

Valor_Feb11_006.jpg

Is it 2014 yet??!!!!

Okay just wanted to share my happiness and see if anyone happens to know when these cabins maybe be posted available for everyone to see. Thanks again all!

Edited by daijayx2

If they are only one ONE ship.. and only 2 of them.. there is no reason to list them.. you wouldnt get a price match as you said.. highly unlikely.

They were added to one ship.. who knows why. Have not heard of plans to add them to other ships.

Wouldnt matter if you booked ES or not it sounds like.. unless the other person booked gives up their cabin.. then they would come up to book on carnival.com. If there are none available to book, they wouldnt come up right?

If all the PTs are booked, they will not come up either.

If they are only one ONE ship.. and only 2 of them.. there is no reason to list them.. you wouldnt get a price match as you said.. highly unlikely.

They were added to one ship.. who knows why. Have not heard of plans to add them to other ships.

Wouldnt matter if you booked ES or not it sounds like.. unless the other person booked gives up their cabin.. then they would come up to book on carnival.com. If there are none available to book, they wouldnt come up right?

If all the PTs are booked, they will not come up either.

They wasn't showing up as available at all via the internet site but when i called my pvp they had them available for booking.

She said she wasn't sure why those cabins are not listed as available because she could see both rooms avail for several bookings when carnival.com wasn't showing the room available at all.

She said 9200 and 9201 was both available for my sailing a cat 6k at a rate of 659pp. But nothing via the website about this cabin.

Edited by daijayx2

I dont know.. but there are only two of them right .. on the one ship?

no other ships have them.. maybe their online booking, since there are only two of them total, (not two per ship), they dont want to reprogram the booking engine?

I dont know.. but there are only two of them right .. on the one ship?

no other ships have them.. maybe their online booking, since there are only two of them total, (not two per ship), they dont want to reprogram the booking engine?

Maybe that's why. I am glad I called in just to see if this cabin was available. I am looking forward to this view.

Thank you for the info.

$659.00 PER PERSON??????

IMO that's an awesome price! I'm paying $619.00 pp for a porthole cabin. We'll definitely be looking into those cabins in the future!!:D

I was FLOORED when she told me the rate!!

I am so excited about this cruise! Although it is so far away I am counting the 575 days already!!

Plus the itinerary is amazing to me! I have never been to any of these ports!

i think you lucked out. a few weeks ago we called to fi d one of those cabins and they both were booked as far as april 2013

ty I feel lucky booking this cabin. I was trying to find one available on a sailing before she repositions to San Juan but was unsuccessful. So I went ahead and booked way out seems how 2013 will be a busy year for me anyways.

My booking is for Feb 2014!

Edited by daijayx2

I just booked 9200 for May 2013. The other one was already booked! Obviously there will never be a prive drop because they will always both be booked! Kind of a relief because prior to my last cruise, I was looking at prices daily!!! Now I can relax before my cruise! (And I did get a great deal w/ early saver booking)

I just booked 9200 for May 2013. The other one was already booked! Obviously there will never be a prive drop because they will always both be booked! Kind of a relief because prior to my last cruise, I was looking at prices daily!!! Now I can relax before my cruise! (And I did get a great deal w/ early saver booking)

Congrats!! Come back and share some more pics with me please =)

I fell in love with this room when I seen it! Wish all ships had something similar available.

Congrats!! Come back and share some more pics with me please =)

I fell in love with this room when I seen it! Wish all ships had something similar available.

I will post pics, but my cruise is still 10 months away. My boys have a cabin nearby..Scenic Oceanview. (not grand). I cant wait to see that one. I havent been able to find any photos.

I fell in love with the room too and ran to the phone to book it before it was gone! Nice category for "oceanview". Almost suite- like without the price!!

Edited by DISNEY1975

• 4 weeks later...

daijayx2 --

There's some misleading information in this thread, although it's technically accurate at the moment: Carnival Sunshine will also have the Category 6K grand scenic ocean view rooms. The bad news is that they're sold out for your Xmas cruise. Ouch.

But yeah, I feel your pain in general. My wife and I have one booked for the 9/29/13 cruise out of Barcelona. We already booked such a good deal on the inside stateroom that I was like "whatever." But searching through the deck plans, I saw the 6K rooms and got curious.

I got even more curious when I couldn't access them through Carnival's booking page. I called a PVP and they told me they were going for $1549 (vs inside rooms a $949). Well, my TA was on vacation, and I called him and told him I don't care what he's doing, get me into that room ASAP. Good thing, because the second room is already gone :) For the two of us, the all-in price, including prepaid gratuities, was about $3800. $3800 for a 12-night cruise in what is essentially a suite without a balcony for the price of an ocean view? You have got to be kidding me.

Anyway, my only actual contribution to this thread (coming from someone who has only been on one cruise in his life) is that the easiest way to check pricing/availability is to use cruise quick dot com.

People can say what they want about Carnival, but between aft wrap balconies and these new 6K rooms, I think they've really got something special going on. What I'd really like to see is either one of these categories placed on an Alaska cruise :)

Edited by 703cruiser

Sunshine has them too!!! But they don't show as being able to be booked all the way to April 2014. Must definitely be a room booked by PVP! Will definitely have to keep this room in mind. It's awesome! Thanks for sharing! :D

• 5 months later...

yes, it has a mini fridge. doesnt keepmyour drinks cold though. these are more like a gloirfied'cooler then a refridgerator.

the shades'must be closed after sunset.

ou can sit in the room if its darkened-no lights on.

ut at night time its pitch black out there anyways.

b