Carnival's New Welcome Aboard Show

I recently got back from the Elation in June and experienced the New Welcome Aboard Show. For those who remember the old show it would have 10 minutes of dancing, then the CD would talk, and then a short comedy.

The New Welcome Aboard Show had only about 4 minutes of the dancers and they only did one number. Then the cruise director talked for a long time and then came the comedy.

I was very disappointed in the new show because of the length of the dancer's performance. I wanted more because it was so good!

I understand that the Elation & Breeze are the only two ships with the new style of the Welcome Aboard Show. Is this right? I am going on the Miracle in 2013 and am hoping that it will not have this new show.

Does anybody know the implementation schedule for the new welcome aboard show? I really would like to know! Thank you!

On my Imagination cruise, they had crew members in costumes dancing around an inflatable ship with the letters F-U-N in the middle. Men wore sailor suits; women wore swimsuits resembling those in "Baywatch", only in Carnival's colors. They all danced while a techno remix of "Anchors Aweigh" played in the background, followed by the song "In the Morning, in the Evening, ain't we Got Fun". I thought it was a lot of fun and cheesy in a good way.

Is this the new show or the old show? I don't mind if they change it, but then again, I only saw it once.

On my Imagination cruise, they had crew members in costumes dancing around an inflatable ship with the letters F-U-N in the middle. Men wore sailor suits; women wore swimsuits resembling those in "Baywatch", only in Carnival's colors. They all danced while a techno remix of "Anchors Aweigh" played in the background, followed by the song "In the Morning, in the Evening, ain't we Got Fun". I thought it was a lot of fun and cheesy in a good way.

Is this the new show or the old show? I don't mind if they change it, but then again, I only saw it once.

Sure sounds like the old show...

GP

I agree. I don't like the new show. We had it on the Magic. The old show was much better. It had more music & dancing, and more catchy & popular songs. I don't remember what songs (or song) they did on the Magic. Obviously, it didn't impress me. I just remember being disappointed & wishing we had the old show.

HA! I haven't been to a "Welcome Aboard" show for at least 10 years, so I guess when, and if, I ever do attend another one, It'll be new to me. From your description, however, it sounds like there isn't a lot of difference?

"SKY"

Sounds like the old show.

Archived