Why do you love cruising?

GrUvGrL

We all share something in common or we wouldn't be here - We all love to, or love something about cruising. So I have 2 questions for you all...

1) What is your favorite thing/memory about cruising?

2) What would your ideal cruise destination(s) be?

Trying to see if we can get through an entire thread without any complaints... let's see how this goes!

For me:

1) The planning, the excitment for the new adventure is my favorite part! Once at the port. I love the friendly passion that the crew members use to yell at you to stop pushing or lifting your luggage! "You are on vacation!" I love seeing all the happy faces and once that ship sets off... I LOVE knowing that for the next "X" amount of days... It will be open seas and adventure!

2) I would love to be able to go on a cruise that goes from USA or Canada to Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy... better yet hit every european country! I can imagine the small fortune that would cost... but would be one heck of an adventure!

Everyone have a super day!

My favorite place on our cruise is the balcony and the view from it. I also love the variety of drinks at the bars. I know I'm really on vacation when I have a DOD and my butt in a lounge chair.

My favorite destination is anywhere away from home. I love when we cruise. We go in November. We leave winter and travel to summer!

used to be because once i boarded, i could put the keys away, the wallet away, and all resonsibility away, and i could just be a lemming, returning to the days of a kid when someone else did everything for me.

now, that's disappearing, and i am returning to vacations i once shelved after discovering cruising, that state of nirvana has been interupted by corporate greed, who have transform cruising to just and everyday vacation at sea.

I can't narrow it down to one but I do low the planning aspect of cruising. Being able to visit multiple places in one week is another great thing and my favorite memory is going back through pics and remembering the fun that we had.

I would love to cruise to Europe and islands in the south pacific.

To be perfectly honest for me, it's all about the ship!

I have done many All inclusives, Cuba, Cancun,Punta cana.

Italy, so many times i have lost count, my family has a home in Tuscany.

When i was going to school, during my summer vacations i would spend 2 month's there at a time.

I think any vacation has the excitment of the planning part.

For me cruising is new, and it's not about the ports but the ship itself.

Love It !

Looks like we all just want to be on a ship at sea. Maybe someone will come up with a 7 day cruise to nowhere!!!:D

Walk up the gangway and put everything on hold, what could be better than that, sitting on my balcony with a cigar and a cocktail (love it):)

If I had to pick ports of call it would be Greece and Italy!!!

CRUISING IS THE BEST VACATION ON EARTH!!! C.G.

I love cruising because it's a vacation for me, the mom who otherwise is organizing everyone else and food etc. On a cruise, I guess Carnival mothers me... I don't cook or clean or plan, just enjoy - it's amazing.

I'd cruise just about anywhere for the cruise experience. My favorite "dream" that's not in the budget but might be one day is an Australia/New Zealand cruise including airfare...

I love cruising because of all the wonderful memories I have from each of my cruises. I cruised first with a girlfriend when I was 19, then with a boyfriend, then with other boyfriend (now my DH), then with the DH and DS, then with the DS, DH, and SIL, then with the DH, DS and a friend of his. I'm 65 and this July I'll be cruising with the DH, DS (17) and his friend (18), and the SIL! Too many fun times to pick just one.:D

I would like to do a river cruise with just the DH and me when we retire someday.:D

God willing, I will cruise at least once a year for the rest of my life!

I cruise because, for me, it's a no brainer.......

I can almost walk to the dock (NYC)....about 10 minute cab ride

I'm "on vacation" as soon as I get there....no flying, no weather issues

Everything is done for me...I can eat what I want, when I want

There are some interesting lectures on board (not a complaint....but wish there were more)

I don't have to answer the phone or check e-mail....and the best part is that none of my clients can track me down!

I meet people "out of my zip code"

No phone!

No email!

No worries!

All left behind for 7 days. Always hell when we get back but it's worth it.

Love sitting on my balcony with a cold drink watching the sea, don't even care if it's raining.

I love the feeling of being isolated from the rest of the world with just my hubby. Now that the kids are grown we do get more time with just the two of us, but it is just not the same. Still in love after 32 years and still love being together.

People waiting on me, doing everything for me, luscious drinks, slot machines! Cruising is for me!

If I could go anywhere on a cruise, it would be Australia. And Italy. And Greece. And Tahiti. Each as an individual cruise, of course!

I love the feeling of being isolated from the rest of the world with just my hubby. Now that the kids are grown we do get more time with just the two of us, but it is just not the same. Still in love after 32 years and still love being together.

That's actually, very nice:)

Yeah, that lasted all the way to ...post 3! Actually surprised it went that long.

One can only try! LOL - One day everyone will get along with everyone and we can all agree on something... maybe I should start a thread on what would you do with 5 million dollars without complaining? lol

My favorite thing/memory about cruising is leaving behind the frozen north and stepping into sunshine....ahhhh....nothing like it! I love getting on the ship and feeling like it is a long lost friend.

My ideal destination would be going to Italy or New Zealand. I also would like to take a cruise every year and I dream of taking a B2B.

We all share something in common or we wouldn't be here - We all love to, or love something about cruising. So I have 2 questions for you all...

Trying to see if we can get through an entire thread without any complaints... let's see how this goes!

1) sunset on the balcony.

2) if I could plan a perfect itinerary it would be eastern caribbean stops (never been) with a stop in key west that actually stayed in port past 3:00. The past 3 cruises had to make the hike to Mexico, which does take time, but I would gladly sacrifice an hour in Cozumel to get one more hour in the Conch Republic

One thing I like about being on a cruise is that I don't HAVE to do anything.

I can do what I want.

I like sea days the best and that is one of the reasons that DH and I dream about doing a transatlantic cruise, lots of sea days.

Another is that I like to be outside and which is why I enjoy cruises at the end of August.

Where I live there is no ocean or beach.

August is miserably hot and the mosquitoes are hungry.

And the rag weed is coming into flower. :(

So a deck chair in the shade with a glass of tea, a good book, a view of the ocean, a constant breeze, very little pollen, someone else cooking dinner and no mosquitoes is a little bit of heaven.

For me it is the floating country hotel, and as I travel alone the inclusive tips and drinks on board Silversea are really helpful. Ports are not important but a dance host is.

I would love to do the Panama Canal but when I enquired they wanted 75% single supplement! On principle – "no".

This will be only our second cruise, but I can tell you why I love it. I love to travel to new places and this is the most affordable way that I've been able to go to new countries in forever. It's an adventure for me. I simply love it

Loved Maho Beach where the huge jets flew just a few feet over the beach.

Love my ocean front room (balcony) that takes me to different areas. Not much for the onboard entertainment but love that someone else makes my bed; prepares my meals and cleans up the kitchen. Love to chill out and read, explore the ship, put a couple dollars in the slots; it's just plain fun.

We have been on two cruises, both with all of our kids, and my favorite memories/times are those leading up to embarkation. Everyone is so excited and thrilled when we get on the ship. But, I LOVE the ocean, so getting to be out there on it for 7 days at a time is the BEST! But the absolute BEST part is having our kids (ages 14 to 23) to ourselves and getting to see them experience all of it. :)

My husband and I hope to cruise to Europe.

For me:

1) The planning, the excitment for the new adventure is my favorite part! Once at the port. I love the friendly passion that the crew members use to yell at you to stop pushing or lifting your luggage! "You are on vacation!" I love seeing all the happy faces and once that ship sets off... I LOVE knowing that for the next "X" amount of days... It will be open seas and adventure!

2) I would love to be able to go on a cruise that goes from USA or Canada to Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy... better yet hit every european country! I can imagine the small fortune that would cost... but would be one heck of an adventure!

1. Favorite memory is getting up the first morning we arrived at a destination (2004 - St Maartin) and being in awe. It was the first island I had ever been to (not counting Long Island) and it was a sight that made me grin from ear to ear!

2. We want to do the 14 day cruise to Hawaii from San Diego/Los Angeles. We were going to do it the year I retired (the first time :mad:) but other demands arose for the money. Some day...

Archived