Rookie Cruisers...4 adults.

TNDeb

• 4 weeks later...

43 days and counting!!! :p

Things are starting to come together. DH and I have our passports, I've made all the flight arrangements and pre-cruise hotel reservations, and I've been working on copying our documents. We have 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale before we cruise and we will rent a car. I'm waiting til closer to time and will try to catch a deal on hotwire.com for that.

We've gotten 2 price drops so far. When paying the balance we got a $440 drop :eek: and just this past week the TA notified us we each(4) will have a $91 credit on our accounts. I'm wondering if this is the norm, or a result of all the trouble Carnival has had in recent months.

43 days and counting!!! :p

Things are starting to come together. DH and I have our passports, I've made all the flight arrangements and pre-cruise hotel reservations, and I've been working on copying our documents. We have 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale before we cruise and we will rent a car. I'm waiting til closer to time and will try to catch a deal on hotwire.com for that.

We've gotten 2 price drops so far. When paying the balance we got a $440 drop :eek: and just this past week the TA notified us we each(4) will have a $91 credit on our accounts. I'm wondering if this is the norm, or a result of all the trouble Carnival has had in recent months.

Canival sales have been slow with the problems they have had this year, so they have been dropping prices to fill the ships. You got lucky. YEAH!!

I'm wondering if this is the norm, or a result of all the trouble Carnival has had in recent months.[/color][/size][/font]

in 18 cruises only two ever came down in price. Our upcoming August cruise has come down so many times it makes me dizzy. We started out at over 600pp and now its down to 379.

Yes, I think its because of the recent problems.. but if it makes my vacation all that much affordable--give me lower prices--:p

• 2 weeks later...
If you go 4 to a room, do NOT get a balcony. ...... . someone might get thown overboard.

On the Oasis, 16 ounce Coors Light was $6.04 which included tip. No deals on Coors Light.

We managed to get through a week (7 nights) with four to a cabin because friends said they couldn't afford to go without doing it this way. In spite of the fact that we were all very flexible with the bathroom, it was a really stressful week to try to all (1) go to bed and to sleep at the same time (2) have just a few "private" moments in the bathroom (3) stay out of each other's way, step over each other, keep toiletries and incidental items out of the way.

Before deciding, get into your walk-in closet and spend the weekend with your friends. It'll give you a glimpse of what you are in store for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Opps!

OK, what did you think?

Come on!!! Don't leave us hanging!!!! How was the cruise? Did you love it or hate it?

To put it bluntly... I FREAKIN LOVED IT!!!! :p

...even with all the delays. We drove to Knoxville on Thursday for our scheduled flight which was to depart at 6 PM. Andrea was hammering the Ft Lauderdale area and the plane coming from there couldn't take off. It finally did take off but there was an issue with it and it landed in Greenville. It was repaired, but the crew timed out...which I am assuming they reached their max hours for the day. So.....Allegiant put us up in a motel and asked us to be back Friday morning at 11 for a 1PM departure. We got as far as boarded and were out on the runway ready to take off...and FLL was once again getting hammered, so back to the airport we went. Long story short, after the weather passed, there was yet aother issue with our plane and were waiting for a 'rescue' flight. around 9:30PM they got our original plain repaired and we were wheels up by 10. Landed in FLL around midnight. :eek: Allegiant made it right tho...they fed us both days with pizza and soda AND...each passenger got a $200 credit voucher and we will definitely make use of that.

So we lost a day in FLL but still had a day to drive to Miami and check it out.

2nd delay - the side propellor on the ship was being worked on when we boarded, so sail away was a couple hours late. We were on the ship, so who cares?

As mentioned when I created this thread, DH and I traveled with another couple who we take trips with all the time. The Hubby of that couple and I had birthdays while we were on the Freedom and when we opened the door to our cabin, it was decorated with BD decor and there was a fruit/wine/cheese basket as well. Compliments of DH and the birthday boy's wife.

Key West was HOT! We took the trolly tour to the southern most point and walked Duval street back to the doc. Some retail therapy and a stop at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for cheese burgers and margarita's...which were DELICIOUS!

...to be continued.

• 9 months later...
To put it bluntly... I FREAKIN LOVED IT!!!! :p

...even with all the delays. We drove to Knoxville on Thursday for our scheduled flight which was to depart at 6 PM. Andrea was hammering the Ft Lauderdale area and the plane coming from there couldn't take off. It finally did take off but there was an issue with it and it landed in Greenville. It was repaired, but the crew timed out...which I am assuming they reached their max hours for the day. So.....Allegiant put us up in a motel and asked us to be back Friday morning at 11 for a 1PM departure. We got as far as boarded and were out on the runway ready to take off...and FLL was once again getting hammered, so back to the airport we went. Long story short, after the weather passed, there was yet aother issue with our plane and were waiting for a 'rescue' flight. around 9:30PM they got our original plain repaired and we were wheels up by 10. Landed in FLL around midnight. :eek: Allegiant made it right tho...they fed us both days with pizza and soda AND...each passenger got a $200 credit voucher and we will definitely make use of that.

So we lost a day in FLL but still had a day to drive to Miami and check it out.

2nd delay - the side propellor on the ship was being worked on when we boarded, so sail away was a couple hours late. We were on the ship, so who cares?

As mentioned when I created this thread, DH and I traveled with another couple who we take trips with all the time. The Hubby of that couple and I had birthdays while we were on the Freedom and when we opened the door to our cabin, it was decorated with BD decor and there was a fruit/wine/cheese basket as well. Compliments of DH and the birthday boy's wife.

Key West was HOT! We took the trolly tour to the southern most point and walked Duval street back to the doc. Some retail therapy and a stop at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for cheese burgers and margarita's...which were DELICIOUS!

...to be continued.

39 days and counting!!!! :D

I just wanted to share the rest of the story regarding those credit vouchers from Allegiant. When I called to make our flight arrangements I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I originally thought we each would have a $250 credit. When the agent told me the final out of pocket cost, I was SHOCKED! 4 of us, flight from Knoxville to Ft. Lauderdale...and back, 3 carry on's and 5 checked bags...$7.90!!! :eek: Not bad, eh?

DH, being the pessimistic that he is, is already 'what-iffing' we have another delay in K-town. Eh...we'll deal with that IF and when...

3 things I learned from my 1st cruising experience:

1) Plan a 'loose' schedule just in case there are delays such as the Allegiant issue.

2) Once you've packed for your vacation, save yourself some luggage room by taking out half the clothes you packed. Seriously, you won't wear them! But be sure to pack some loose clothing. You'll need it after all that eating!

3) Don't stress yourself out. Slow down, unwind and enjoy your surroundings!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
39 days and counting!!!! :D

I just wanted to share the rest of the story regarding those credit vouchers from Allegiant. When I called to make our flight arrangements I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I originally thought we each would have a $250 credit. When the agent told me the final out of pocket cost, I was SHOCKED! 4 of us, flight from Knoxville to Ft. Lauderdale...and back, 3 carry on's and 5 checked bags...$7.90!!! :eek: Not bad, eh?

DH, being the pessimistic that he is, is already 'what-iffing' we have another delay in K-town. Eh...we'll deal with that IF and when...

3 things I learned from my 1st cruising experience:

1) Plan a 'loose' schedule just in case there are delays such as the Allegiant issue.

2) Once you've packed for your vacation, save yourself some luggage room by taking out half the clothes you packed. Seriously, you won't wear them! But be sure to pack some loose clothing. You'll need it after all that eating!

3) Don't stress yourself out. Slow down, unwind and enjoy your surroundings!

:)

Thank you for returning and telling us the rest of the story. I'm glad it turned out so well. The three things you learned are real truisms.

I know you'll also enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Not that I needed anything else to get me excited about cruising on the Breeze in 24 days, but it's snowing right now here in East Tennessee! :eek:

Wow, it's snowing up here too, but I'm surprised it's snowing that far south :(.

I'm glad you got hooked on cruising!

You'll have to give us a review of this cruise when you return (maybe start a new thread?).

Hope it warms up.

Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

[/color][/size][/font]

Deb, I see that your next cruise on the Breeze is leaving Miami on May 10th and that you are flying Allegiant from Knoxville. It just so happens that I am cruising on the Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale on the 10th and am also flying Allegiant from Knoxville! Are you guys by any chance flying out on the evening of the 8th? If so, I believe we'll be on the same flight! Small world!

Edited by agp_mzk