Has Anyone Heard from Katakolon Express lately?

stingraynz

Brilliant trip yesterday. Just as Tinaclose said. Would thoroughly recommend and much cheaper than ship. Ajcathy - no bus goes closer than Katakolon Express. Your only way would be a taxi. It was very, very hot:eek: as of this week they have free wifi on the coach as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Katakolon Express promptly answered my query and provided a reservation for 2 on the bus for September 1st. Operation was efficient and comfortable. Be sure to also visit the onsite museum as they have wisely moved much of the material inside for protection and preservation.

Thanks for the update.

Just a note for anyone going to Katakolon on RCI (not sure about other cruise lines). They offer an "Olympia on your own" bus for $19 US return which is a few dollars less than the Katakolon Express. It features 3 hours sightseeing on your own at Olympia.

• 1 year later...

I have recently returned from overseas and had a disastrous time with the Katakolon Express. They were ment to meet us at 8am but turned up around 8.50 then proceeded to wait till the Bus was full. It was only when all the passengers threatened to get off and get their money back that they finally went at 9.20am. This meant we missed the Museum as 1 hr is not enough time to do both. The journey home was no better with them promising to wait in the carpark for an 11.30 departure but instead went back to the Cruise Port to pick up more customers. Finally at 11.50 they returned and we made it back to the Cruise Ship with 15 minutes to spare. Its a wee way to walk to the terminal so it was a stiff trot to get back on time. I wouldn't recommend them and there is another Bus at the Port you can catch for the same price but leaves at 9am. It was still 20 minutes more we could have had there.Hope this is of help to you.

Edited by cincinattigirl

I have recently returned from overseas and had a disastrous time with the Katakolon Express. They were ment to meet us at 8am but turned up around 8.50 then proceeded to wait till the Bus was full. It was only when all the passengers threatened to get off and get their money back that they finally went at 9.20am. This meant we missed the Museum as 1 hr is not enough time to do both. The journey home was no better with them promising to wait in the carpark for an 11.30 departure but instead went back to the Cruise Port to pick up more customers. Finally at 11.50 they returned and we made it back to the Cruise Ship with 15 minutes to spare. Its a wee way to walk to the terminal so it was a stiff trot to get back on time. I wouldn't recommend them and there is another Bus at the Port you can catch for the same price but leaves at 9am. It was still 20 minutes more we could have had there.Hope this is of help to you.

We have just got back from the Greek Islands and booked with the Katakolon Express. Like you, we were kept waiting for ages on bus B, bus A was in front. After a while they asked us to go to bus A to fill it up! We were half-an-hour late going and by the time we got there, there were loads of people in front. Lots of groups as well. We got to the queue and decided not to bother as it was very long. We had seen the Acropolis and I'm sure nothing could surpass that! We walked back, quite a distance up a slope and not good for my DH. We counted 28 big coaches, plus cars and taxis, on the car park. We went for breakfast and counted up to 40 odd coaches altogether, many taxis and cars, plus the people going by rail. There must have been two to three thousand people there, so I'm afraid we missed it. Never mind, one day we may get another chance.

Di

Katakolon Express never even bothered to turn up for us. We were on a small cruise ship, only 200 passengers and we were the only couple hanging about waiting for them. I presume that because of that fact they don't bother to come as it is not worth their while. An e mail to tell us that or a text message would have been welcome, but nothing!

We hung around for about 40 minutes then went and rented a car from Avis. We were still at Olympia for 9.30am and saw everything before it got busy. We also went to a beach and had lunch there so enjoyed the freedom. We would do that again as it was very easy to drive there. Avis also had automatic cars if you are not used to stick shift. It cost us 35euros and we put 15euros worth of fuel in the car, as requested by Avis.

• 1 year later...
I will be in Olympia in early February arriving on the NCL Jade. I have contacted the Katakalon Express twice to reserve for Olympia and Athens and there has been no response.

as you are adding to a 2 year old thread and experiencing problems same as 2 years ago I'd listen to the alarm bells

we used a private company katakolontaxi and were very happy with services-it was 140 euros for a 4 person taxi for 4 hours

I will be in Olympia in early February arriving on the NCL Jade. I have contacted the Katakalon Express twice to reserve for Olympia and Athens and there has been no response.

I received a reply back from Katakolon for our January 16th requested transfer so unless they are no shows we've received email confirmations

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are traveling in Feb. Several on our roll call have booked with them and not received a response. They sent an e-mail to one of our roll call members saying they were not sending responses until Jan. 6. Apparently they are backlogged and are now just starting to send e-mails. Yesterday another roll call member received a response from them. Hoping our confirmation comes this week.

• 9 months later...

As an update, and so their business is not maligned, I had a fabulous tour with Katakolon Express last Fall in Olympia. Only six of us signed up, but they did the tour anyway. The tour guide was professional, knowledgable, and we had a bus with wifi. When I saw the size of the group that came to Olympia with the ship's excursion (50-60), I was glad we had Katakolon Express!