Transfer in Barcelona Question

IowaGirl1

We are sailing on the Seabourn Quest on July 27 from Barcelona to Rome. (I'm so very excited!) Anyway my travel agent reserved a van transfer for us from the airport to our hotel, Hotel Arts Barcelona. This would be for myself & my husband. We will probably have 2 suitcases not overly large, carry ons & a wheelchair that folds. The quoted price for the transfer is 160 Euros & it can be charged to our room.

In my research I have contacted a company called Autos Vilar that has given me a quote of 50 Euros.

Does anyone have any experience in Barcelona with transfers? I've not been to Barcelona before, but 160 Euros seems high....however if that is the going rate, I'm content to pay it. But what do you think? Is 160 Euros too high?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Jenny

We are sailing on the Seabourn Quest on July 27 from Barcelona to Rome. (I'm so very excited!) Anyway my travel agent reserved a van transfer for us from the airport to our hotel, Hotel Arts Barcelona. This would be for myself & my husband. We will probably have 2 suitcases not overly large, carry ons & a wheelchair that folds. The quoted price for the transfer is 160 Euros & it can be charged to our room.

In my research I have contacted a company called Autos Vilar that has given me a quote of 50 Euros.

Does anyone have any experience in Barcelona with transfers? I've not been to Barcelona before, but 160 Euros seems high....however if that is the going rate, I'm content to pay it. But what do you think? Is 160 Euros too high?

Thanks so much!

Jenny

Go with Autos Vilar if you prefer to have it pre-arranged or you would probably have no problem getting a van type taxi by just going outside the airport door and into the taxi line....160 Euros sounds way too high...This past August for just the two of us 3 suitcases, carryon and back pack for a regular size taxi was 35 Euros ...the only thing different with you is your small foldable wheelchair..50 Euros sounds appropiate..Good luck Jenny and enjoy !!!

Yes, 160 euros is to much!! Three of us with 3 large suitcases (29 in.) and 3 carrying ons July 1st took a van taxi from our Hotel (Jazz) to the airport for 35 euros plus tip. There will be van taxis at the airport but if you feel the need to reserve transportation I would go with Autos Vilar.

Thanks so much!

Jenny

We used Barcelona Day Tours from the Port to Airport for 79E (for six persons),

A taxi works well for two persons. Should cost 30-35E.

Thank you, everyone! I'm thinking of canceling that transfer. Very helpful in your advice. It sounds like we can be patient & probably get a van type taxi after leaving the airport with no problem. :)

It sounds like we can be patient & probably get a van type taxi after leaving the airport with no problem. :)

Wherever there are cabs lined up there is a dispatcher who will organize your party into whatever vehicle you need. Not to worry. I would definitely discuss the price first, though.

I made a reservation with Autos Vilar for 50 euro. My husband wanted someone there waiting to help us since we will have more than 1 bag & I'm in a wheelchair. Certainly a better deal than the original 160 euro! Thanks for all your help!

Archived