Confused! Aqua class?

TeachKinde

Trying to book a last minute Alaska Cruise on the Infinnity. I've looked at Aqua class cabins and they seem nice. Any input? I'm looking for QUITE places to relax and I think this might fill the bill? What do you think? Thank you all so much!

The best part do Aqua Class is that you get to eat breakfast and dinner in Blu. It is our favorite restaurant on Celebrity. With Aqua Class you also get free admission to the Persion Garden, a relaxation room on the spa level. It is a quiet place to relax away from everyone.

The best part do Aqua Class is that you get to eat breakfast and dinner in Blu. It is our favorite restaurant on Celebrity. With Aqua Class you also get free admission to the Persion Garden, a relaxation room on the spa level. It is a quiet place to relax away from everyone.

I agree!

The A1 cabins on the Infinity and the Millennium are on deck 11 are we're just added to the ship. They are brand new. The A2 cabins are on deck 9 and are under the pool/ spa deck so beware of where they are as they could have noise from above. They are also refurbished CC cabins. We stayed in 1140 on the Millennium and LOVED it and BLU....

This spring we did B2B cruises on the Infinity in one of the new deck 11 Aqua Class cabins. Specifically, we were in 1138. We found deck 11 to be very quiet. Even though 1138 was one of the aft cabins we had no problems with music or other noise from the area below. We also had no problems with smoke wafting up from the bar area below.

The difference in background noise in Blu vs the MDR is incredible. I never realized how noisy the MDR is until we experienced the quiet of Blu. It will do wonders for anyone who is bothered by noise. Your balcony will be a quiet escape from crowded open decks if you enjoy being outside.

There are many quiet indoor spaces. For me the real advantages of AQ in terms of noise were Blu and the balcony. I never expected the noise difference while eating to be so important. For me going back to the noise of the MDR will be almost as hard as giving up the very good food in Blu.

Absolutely agree, Blu is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night. It is your assigned dining room and is great as stated for breakfast and dinner. Just one minor clarification, on the S class ships there are two different venues, Persian Gardens and the Relaxation room. I believe the poster was using relaxation as an adjective but on the S class ships they are two different rooms. You are looking at Infinity which has a Persian Gardens but does not have a relaxation room.

Blu has it's own menu. They bill it as 'clean' but it is not clean ala Tosca Reno. Very good. Some carbs but much easier on the carbs than the MDR (or else it was just what we chose from the menu). On the Summit it was easy to get items from the MDR menu each night. We'd just check the menu before we went to Blu and they'd mix and match for us as we wished. I've read it's not as easy on the S-class ships but they offered to mix and match for us as if it was a completely routine thing to do.

Blu has it's own menu. They bill it as 'clean' but it is not clean ala Tosca Reno. Very good. Some carbs but much easier on the carbs than the MDR (or else it was just what we chose from the menu). On the Summit it was easy to get items from the MDR menu each night. We'd just check the menu before we went to Blu and they'd mix and match for us as we wished. I've read it's not as easy on the S-class ships but they offered to mix and match for us as if it was a completely routine thing to do.

2 weeks ago on the Infinity, there were 3 of the nightly items that you could get from the MDR-Shrimp cocktail, escargot, and Caesar Salad-and that was it-no mix and match, however, having said that, I still loved Blu, both the peacefulness and the menu, and there were always plenty of wonderful choices.

The A1 cabins on the Infinity and the Millennium are on deck 11 are we're just added to the ship. They are brand new. The A2 cabins are on deck 9 and are under the pool/ spa deck so beware of where they are as they could have noise from above. They are also refurbished CC cabins. We stayed in 1140 on the Millennium and LOVED it and BLU....

Hi Realent:

We will be in one of the new aft AQ cabins on the Millennium in Southeast Asia next February.

Do you have any pictures of AQ 1140 that you could share? It would be most appreciated.

2 weeks ago on the Infinity, there were 3 of the nightly items that you could get from the MDR-Shrimp cocktail, escargot, and Caesar Salad-and that was it-no mix and match, however, having said that, I still loved Blu, both the peacefulness and the menu, and there were always plenty of wonderful choices.

We were on the Infinity for thirty-one nights this last spring, and a friend we made on the April 10th cruise had entrees from the MDR menu several nights. There was never a problem. I wonder if there has been a policy or staff change from the our B2B cruises.

Also, only on the first night did the Blu waiters inform us that the items from the "always available" or left side of the MDR menu were also available in Blu. My husband had the french onion soup from the always available MDR menu several times, and he also had several of the always available MDR deserts.

We were on the Infinity for thirty-one nights this last spring, and a friend we made on the April 10th cruise had entrees from the MDR menu several nights. There was never a problem. I wonder if there has been a policy or staff change from the our B2B cruises.

Also, only on the first night did the Blu waiters inform us that the items from the "always available" or left side of the MDR menu were also available in Blu. My husband had the french onion soup from the always available MDR menu several times, and he also had several of the always available MDR deserts.

There have been several comments about getting the MDR menu in Blu recently and a trend appears to be developing. On the M class ships where the galley is adjacent to the MDR galley, they appear to be very accomodating in getting MDR items for Blu patrons. On the S class ships where the galleys are quite a distance apart, they originally were getting MDR items without a problem. However recently the availability appears to vary with the ship and they appear to be going away from getting the MDR items in Blu.

Are the steaks and food as good as the specialty restaurants.

I don't have loads of experience - Chops on RC; Bistro on Five, Normandie, and QSine on Celebrity - but I would say not universally. It's hard to compare because the dishes are different. I had lamb chops in Chops, QSine, and Blu. Chops were far and away the best but Qsine and Blu were comparable. The overall experience is a real step up from the MDR but not as nice as a specialty restaurant (Bistro on Five aside, ambiance and food are better than in Bistro on Five, IMO).

Are the steaks and food as good as the specialty restaurants.

No, while Blu is a definite step up from the MDR in terms of food quality (the food at Blu is cooked to order like in a restaurant, where as MDR the food is often preplated like at a banquet hall) - but the specialty restaurants are another step up from Blu in terms of food quality and service.

Archived