Is tipping per day or per night?

cynt

I know I'm over thinking this because I'm in vacation mode and my brain refuses to cooperate so HELP!!! I'm helping a couple of families in our group with budgeting for tips. THANKS!

Is tipping per day or per night? I'm going on a 4 night, 5 day cruise. So do I tip $46 or $57.50?

Thanks.

Tipping / Automatic Gratuities

• Tipping is NOT included in the base cruise fare or in the normal fees applied prior to cruising.
  • Carnival recommends you use their automatic gratuity service. This service automatically applies daily tips, currently $11.50/day for everyone 2 years of age and older, to your Sail & Sign Account. The total tipping charge usually appears on your account the second cruise day.
  • The $11.50/day tips are split this way:
    • $5.80/day to Dining Room Services (Head Waiter, Waiter, Assistant Waiter)
    • $3.70/day to Cabin Services (Room Steward, Assistant Steward)
    • $2.00/day for Alternative Services (Kitchen, Entertainment, Guest Services & Hotel Staff)

[*]You can choose to remove the automatic gratuities, adjust them down or adjust how they are distributed. You can do this by personally visiting the Guest Services Desk.

[*]You can also choose to tip over-and-above the automatic gratuities. You can do this by either going to Guest Services and adjusting your automatic gratuities up or you can tip individuals in person throughout the cruise.

[*]If you do remove automatic gratuities the staff will know. Staff members have been known to be questioned by their superiors as to why you would be removing the tips.

[*]Also remember if you do remove automatic gratuities with plans on doing all your tipping in person you will most likely be leaving out many people who would normally be getting part of your automatic gratuities. You will not have personal interaction with many of the staff who salaries have been adjusted down to reflect your expected automatic gratuities.

[*]If you like to keep your Sail & Sign Account to a minimum you can call Carnival (or your Travel Agent if you booked through one) and prepay your automatic gratuities before cruising. It will show as a credit to your account until the automatic gratuities charge hits your Sail & Sign Account once onboard.

[*]Bartenders automatically receive an added 15% gratuity when paying for your drinks with your Sail & Sign Card.

[*]A tip is expected for Room Service.

[*]Many cruisers will also tip these people: Bartenders (in addition to the 15% automatic gratuity), Waiters (in addition to automatic gratuities), Room Steward (in addition to automatic gratuities), Porters (for carrying your bags), Spa Service, Salon Service, Camp Counselors, and Shore Tour Guides.

[*]How you tip is a personal choice you need to make. These are just the facts to help you make a more informed decision.

I know I'm over thinking this because I'm in vacation mode and my brain refuses to cooperate so HELP!!! I'm helping a couple of families in our group with budgeting for tips. THANKS!

Is tipping per day or per night? I'm going on a 4 night, 5 day cruise. So do I tip $46 or $57.50?

Thanks.

Even if you counted the number of 24 hour type days .. you still come up with 4, not 5.

Boarding day you dont get on before noon .. and you will be off before noon the last day unless something goes terribly wrong. Easier way to think of it?

If carnival says its a 4 day cruise.. thats how you tip.

$46 is correct.

Archived