Caribe Cafe

Texas Tillie

I've done one Princess cruise - Island Princess, Alaska, 2008 - and have just booked the Crown Princess for its last Caribbean (4/6/13) before it heads for Europe. The Island did not have a Caribe Cafe and I'm a little confused as to exactly what it is and what they serve. Looking at the deck plan, I see that it's next to the Horizon Buffet, but I can't tell from what I've read on the Princes website exactly what it is and what kind of food is served. Thanks for any info!

I've done one Princess cruise - Island Princess, Alaska, 2008 - and have just booked the Crown Princess for its last Caribbean (4/6/13) before it heads for Europe. The Island did not have a Caribe Cafe and I'm a little confused as to exactly what it is and what they serve. Looking at the deck plan, I see that it's next to the Horizon Buffet, but I can't tell from what I've read on the Princes website exactly what it is and what kind of food is served. Thanks for any info!

It is part of the buffet. The often have a them like Indian or German food.

The Caribe Cafe is a dinner venue that is a buffet. Horizon Court generally is for breakfast and lunch.

The buffet at Caribe is usually themed each night. The tables are set and drinks are served. We have enjoyed the Caribe Cafe as much as the dining room.

During the busy breakfast and lunch hours when the Horizon is crowded, you can find plenty of seating in the Caribe as it handles the overflow.

Enjoy the cruise. :)

The Caribe Cafe is a dinner venue that is a buffet. Horizon Court generally is for breakfast and lunch.

The buffet at Caribe is usually themed each night. The tables are set and drinks are served. We have enjoyed the Caribe Cafe as much as the dining room.

During the busy breakfast and lunch hours when the Horizon is crowded, you can find plenty of seating in the Caribe as it handles the overflow.

Enjoy the cruise. :)

Caribe has different choices for lunch as well.

They are both buffets, but the Caribe Cafe, on the Emerald & Ruby Princess, is more cafeteria style in that it is all one long line. The Horizon Court is more open with stations. I mainly eat in the MDR for most of my meals, so as far as food offered I think others have more insight. I did enjoy getting some tortilla chips and guac around 10:30-11:00p.m. every night for a "midnight" snack at the Cafe Caribe and it was always yummy and fresh.

At breakfast, the Cafe Caribe has some of the same foods as the Horizon Court, but nothing different.

If open at lunch time, it will usually have a food theme as others have mentioned.

At dinner time, either the Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe will be open, but not both.

There are seating areas both in the Horizon Court and at Cafe Caribe. You can sit in either area no matter where you obtained your food.

Archived