Hairdressing Salon Allure

Hi,

In desperate need of hair cut and my hairdresser just can't fit me in:mad: in fact I even took the scissors to it myself:o

Heading off on the Allure in 12 days time:D

But I do remember getting my hair done on the Slendour years ago....cost a fortune and to be honest it wasn't that great :( in fact I ended up doing it myself when I got back to the cabin. DH said when I went into the cabin "WOW high head"........lol ..... so obv I don't want to make the same mistake.

Can anyone help me here re salon and or pricing or even better recommend a stylist. Thanks for your help.;)

Go to your local Walmart salon.... Prices are way cheap and if you're gonna have a bad cut, might as well be cheap.

Honestly, i get mine cut at Walmart, they all go to the same school so the only difference is the price

Go to another salon near your home (or another stylist in the shop you go to...my stylist would fit me in regardless ;)) or even a discount chain like Fantastic Sam's...You still have plenty of time to avoid the high prices onboard.....

I had my hair done on the Oasis (up-do) and hated it. My friend had hers cut, and she ended up loving it. Don't know where you are coming from or what your plans are, but if you are going to arrive in South Florida a day before (Saturday), I could definitely recommend someone that does an amazing job.

I had my hair done on the Oasis (up-do) and hated it. My friend had hers cut, and she ended up loving it. Don't know where you are coming from or what your plans are, but if you are going to arrive in South Florida a day before (Saturday), I could definitely recommend someone that does an amazing job.

Hi thanks for info. We are coming from Scotland and are staying at the Hilton beach hotel. Does this help?

That would be cool!

There is a guy that does a great job at the Aveda spa in a hotel down there. Does my friend's hair and she raves about how good he is. You are going to pay for it, but it is worth it. Been thinking about going myself, but don't get down to Miami Beach that often.

I know I cannot speak of TA's on this site, but can I refer a hair stylist? If anyone has an answer, I will give out his info -- I don't want to get kicked off the site for doing something that I shouldn't be doing.

On Indy 2 years ago wanted mine cut and highlighted, i realised whilst the stylist was putting in the foils how inexperienced she was, therefore started quizzing her about her experience - basically she had none other than college and this her first stint on a cruise!! i therefore got her to keep checking the colour which turned out too be poorly done and cancelled the cut!

I always get my hair blown out for formal nights. I have had some great experiences and only once, did I go back to the cabin and comb out my hair. But because I live in a NYC suburb with access to all kinds of hair salons (from Super Cuts to super expensive), I WOULD NEVER CHANCE A HAIRCUT ON A SHIP!

My suggestions: call the owner of your regular salon and ask him/her to get you an appointment before you leave for your cruise. If that's not possible, contact the hotel concierge where you are staying and ask them to make an appointment for you in a nearby salon. Explain what you are looking for - hip & stylish or just a trim. I'm sure they'll be able to help you. And then you'll be all set for your cruise.

Good luck.

Hi thanks for info. We are coming from Scotland and are staying at the Hilton beach hotel. Does this help?

Umm. I would just ask about a local place at the hotel. You won't pay as much as either onboard or South Beach and worry about driving some distance away.

It's just a suggestion. :) Most Hilton hotels will be happy to offer nearby places to go.

Archived