Flight time in vancouver

shofer

We have a 10:30 AM flight in Vancouver to Seattle. Are we going to get off the ship in time to make this flight?

I know what it's like to go through customs at Vancouver and it does take some time. Do you still have to pay the exit fee?

Thanks,

Sue

We have a 10:30 AM flight in Vancouver to Seattle. Are we going to get off the ship in time to make this flight?

I know what it's like to go through customs at Vancouver and it does take some time. Do you still have to pay the exit fee?

Thanks,

Sue

I would try for a flight after 12PM .

If ship arrives 7AM , self disembarking will start about 8AM.

Customs (depending number of ships in port) will take about an hour (9AM)

Count on about an hour to get to airport (10 am)

Airline check in & US Customs 1 to 2 hrs depending

on the number of flights (12PM)

Most cruise lines recommend flights after 12:30 for International and US flights.

Thanks,

Sue

No you will not make a 1030 flight. If you self disembark with your own luggage you can make an 1130 flight. You need to be at the airport a full 2 hours before flight time as you will cleat US customs and security at YVR.

And no, you do not pay an exit fee....but if you look at your ticket you will find a number of fees that have been added to your ticket.

I agree, you are not very likely to make this flight. First, you need a 2 hour window, at the airport which means you would have to be there by 8:30am. You need to allow at least 30 minutes for Canada Place/Airport transfer. I think you get the idea- change this time.

I see this is for next year, so shouldn't have any problem changing the flight. Only another suggestion- you may want to rethink your timing. IF your cruisetour includes Denali Park, you are not going to get in very far- you are too early. Superior in the May timeframe is to go northbound on a cruise. There is little reason to bother going all that time and distance, if wildlife is of any interest.

You'd be hard pressed to make a 10:30 flight. The only thing going for you is that the 1st block of flights will have already left YVR (0830-0930) for the USA, so Customs should be a little faster than it might be for a flight an hour earlier. All that being said, you'd still need to be off the ship and on a train or taxi by 0830, or 0845 at the very latest, and that's just cutting it too close.

'Exit Fee'. There was never an exit fee, it was the Airport Improvement Fee (AIF) -- which is called a PFC in the USA. At the time the airlines couldn't collect it on behalf of the airport, hence you had to pay for it at the airport. It just appears as a line item on your ticket. Airports in Canada are fully funded by their AIF, and receive no federal grants, which is why the AIF in Canada tends to be higher than the PFC in the USA.

Archived