Parental Consent Form

Hi! My brother (17), sister (20) and I (23) are cruising alone on the Sky in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of questions. I know we need to have a parental consent form for my brother. What is the process for that? Do I just bring the form on the day of the cruise to show that my parents signed for it? Or do I have to fax them a copy of it? Also, since my sister is not 21, do I need a parental consent form for her as well? I just want to make I have everything covered and we don't have problems when we get to Miami.

Thanks in advanced!

Helen

Are you talking about the Parental Release form to allow travel with you? If so, the above info will allow you to print it off and they can have it notarized and you must take it with you to the pier. And yes, you need a form for both of them.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but you do know you can't sign the alcohol form for you siblings to drink on the ship?

Are you talking about the Parental Release form to allow travel with you? If so, the above info will allow you to print it off and they can have it notarized and you must take it with you to the pier. And yes, you need a form for both of them.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but you do know you can't sign the alcohol form for you siblings to drink on the ship?

Thanks again for all of the responses!

I've read different stories about it needing to be notarized...one story is that you have to and the other said that they got rid of it being required to have it notarized. It doesn't really matter but I need to know so I do not run into trouble at the pier. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Re: drinking...I figured as much. Is there anyway that I can have my dad write a letter and sign it stating that he allows my siblings to drink on the ship?

Thanks again!

Helen

Thanks again for all of the responses!

I've read different stories about it needing to be notarized...one story is that you have to and the other said that they got rid of it being required to have it notarized. It doesn't really matter but I need to know so I do not run into trouble at the pier. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Re: drinking...I figured as much. Is there anyway that I can have my dad write a letter and sign it stating that he allows my siblings to drink on the ship?

Thanks again!

Helen

There have been different requirements over the years...whether NCL formerly required the form to be notarized doesn't matter because that isn't true today. I've given you the link to the current form in my earlier post. Just follow the instructions on the form...it doesn't have to be notarized, but you have to have copies of the drivers licenses of the parents who have signed the form.

Your parents can't sign a form allowing your siblings to drink on the ship. First, the 17 yo wouldn't be allowed to drink under any circumstances even if your parents consented, so only the 20 yo could be authorized. However NCL policy requires the parent(s) to complete the alcohol consumption authorization form in person at the Guest Services desk on the ship. You can't just bring a letter. I think it's obvious why...it would be very easy for you or your sibling to forge a consent form.

I am going to tag my question on here because I am still very nervous about our situation. We are traveling With my 13 yr old nephew. Just nephew, husband and me. Nephew essentially has only one parent. His father has sole custody. His birth mother is in jail, signed over full custody at birth and has never met him nor has she ever contacted the father since the went to court a few weeks after nephew was born to sign sole custody agreement. The woman who raises him with his birth father is my sister ( however, she never legally adopted him- so legally, he still has just one parent)

So, I have the following:

1) NCL form signed by his father

2) copies of his father's passport & driver's license

3) a signed & notarized letter from father saying he has full custody and we have permission to make all decisions during our trip, etc

4) nephew's passport & a copy of his birth certificate

5) a copy of the paperwork from the state of CA assigning father sole custody of nephew

Am I going to have an issue? This is such a complicated situation, my stomach is in knots.

Also, once we get on board ( IF we get on board LOL), will I have any issues signing the rock climbing or teen club waivers?

TIA

I am going to tag my question on here because I am still very nervous about our situation. We are traveling With my 13 yr old nephew. Just nephew, husband and me. Nephew essentially has only one parent. His father has sole custody. His birth mother is in jail, signed over full custody at birth and has never met him nor has she ever contacted the father since the went to court a few weeks after nephew was born to sign sole custody agreement. The woman who raises him with his birth father is my sister ( however, she never legally adopted him- so legally, he still has just one parent)

3) a signed & notarized letter from father saying he has full custody and we have permission to make all decisions during our trip, etc

5) a copy of the paperwork from the state of CA assigning father sole custody of nephew

Am I going to have an issue? This is such a complicated situation, my stomach is in knots.

Also, once we get on board ( IF we get on board LOL), will I have any issues signing the rock climbing or teen club waivers?

TIA

You should be golden, you've covered all the bases. Once your on the ship it will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

You should be golden, you've covered all the bases. Once your on the ship it will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree. You've got all the paperwork that could possibly be required.

Have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy the anticipation of the cruise.

TIA

If you really want to be certain, call NCL and make sure you have everything in order. Get the name and ID number from the NCL representative you talk to. This is something you most certainly can't anything for granted about. At the pier is not the place you want to find out you should have done something.

Only those under 18. You will find the forms needed under required documents on NCL.com site. http://www2.ncl.com/about/required-travel-documentation

Have a wonderful trip.

This is NOT correct. Anyone under 21 who is not married or sailing with both of their parents requires the parental form to be filled out. Even if sailing with relatives.

This is NOT correct. Anyone under 21 who is not married or sailing with both of their parents requires the parental form to be filled out. Even if sailing with relatives.

I am going to call NCL tomorrow to clarify everything. My mom is currently in the hospital and she couldn't properly sign the form so I want to get their opinion on what we should do. Thanks again for all of your help!

Helen

Above is true if anyone under 21 isnt traveling with anyone over 25. so your sister still needs the parental form. If you were over 25, she wouldnt need it.

Above is true if anyone under 21 isnt traveling with anyone over 25. so your sister still needs the parental form. If you were over 25, she wouldnt need it.

Called NCL this morning. She told me that only my brother needs the parental consent form not my sister. She told me that if my mother cannot sign the document, I need a letter from my dad stating the reason why my mother can't sign as well as a letter from her doctor stating the reason why she can't sign. Also, she told me that I need copies of both drivers licenses. Just to be safe, I will have my parents put my sister on that consent form as well. The woman on the phone who helped me said that the more information/documentation that you bring, the better so you cover all of your bases.

I hope this helps everyone!

Helen

You're wrong. A minor is defined to be someone under the age of 18. The parental consent form is only required for a minor. Please read the NCL FAQ:

http://www2.ncl.com/faq#age-requirements

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

and: For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to a Norwegian representative at the pier during check-in.

You're wrong. A minor is defined to be someone under the age of 18. The parental consent form is only required for a minor. Please read the NCL FAQ:

http://www2.ncl.com/faq#age-requirements

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

and: For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to a Norwegian representative at the pier during check-in.

You are correct. I mis-read the policy and understood it to mean that minors are those under 21.

Archived