NEW soda machines on Explorer

I have used these machines at restaurants before and I really think I do taste the drink of whoever used it before me (just a hint of it). However, I have learned to let it run for a few seconds first before I fill my cup and that takes care of it.

Bummer. According to the schedule Freedom will not have the machines until September. My son is diabetic and gets tired of diet coke and diet sprite. He loves all the diet choices that are available with the new machines. Maybe we will get lucky and Freedom will get the machines early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Freedom from the July 29th sailing and the machines are on board near the H20 Zone. The self serve machines pretty much have have the same selection that are on the bar soda guns. The mugs have an electronic chip in them and are only good for the sailing you are on. You cannot take your mugs from previous sailings due to the electronic chip. I will say that it saves the bartenders time and effort from filling soda mugs (though they still do that as well).

Smitty

Just off the Freedom from the July 29th sailing and the machines are on board near the H20 Zone. The self serve machines pretty much have have the same selection that are on the bar soda guns. The mugs have an electronic chip in them and are only good for the sailing you are on. You cannot take your mugs from previous sailings due to the electronic chip. I will say that it saves the bartenders time and effort from filling soda mugs (though they still do that as well).

Smitty

These are different machines that people are talking about on this thread. They are Coke Freestyle machines that have a touch screen that lets you have much more of a selection. Freedom is supposed to be getting these in the next month or two.

Smitty

You must be confused. Because the self serve coke machines we are talking about do not have the same choices as the bars. The machines have far more as its a total of almost 110 flavor combos.

Smitty is referring to the traditional self-serve fountain machines that have been available on the Majesty of the Seas and the Freedom of the Seas for a while.

Freedom of the Seas doesn't have the new Coke Freestyle machines yet.

These are different machines that people are talking about on this thread. They are Coke Freestyle machines that have a touch screen that lets you have much more of a selection. Freedom is supposed to be getting these in the next month or two.

They are coming to a lot of ships. My partner works for Coke and there was a big joint announcement a few days ago between Coke and Royal for Coke employees about how Royal was enhancing its partnership with Coke and installing the freestyle machines.

I personally am happy to see them and would be more likely to buy a soda card to get my Coke Zero Cherry.

My husband works for Coke so he is very excited that these freestyle machines will be on our cruise next summer! He has been trying to get me to agree to buying one for our house.

I would so love one for my house. I love gadgets.

"According to Royal Caribbean President and CEO Adam Goldstein, the current pricing of the soda package — which typically runs in the $6.50 per day range — will not be increased due to the rollout of the machines."

Here is the full article with tentative dates for the roll-out:

CLICK HERE

I am sailing on Radiance in January 2013 with my family and it would be great if these were available ? Any idea ?

Soda package great idea. Don't know if I like the machine. Last EOS cruise the "ship was sick" as were many many guests. Everything was single served, by the staff. Hand sanitizing reached a new high, but I still saw people reaching into the buffer with their hands, since no silver was available and we were told to let the staff serve you...... People.........

I understand that but everyone in the family can use it also so why bother going to the expense. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

That makes zero sense. The whole family? Did you get a keg version cup instead on the normal one. If a family buys one coke cup to use guess what? They all have to share that one cup. Ok so one person gets up and gets the drink and they can pass it around the family. I don't care it doesn't bother me or effect me. Once again you can't use the machine unless you have them mug. So you can't walk up with a normal old cup and just start using the machine. clearly you think it's a waste of time and money. That's fine. Rccl doesn't and neither do most people in this thread. I'll keep buying the package as I see it's value. Just because some are confused doesn't effect me. :rolleyes:

If a family buys one coke cup to use guess what? They all have to share that one cup. Ok so one person gets up and gets the drink and they can pass it around the family. :rolleyes:

No sharing of one cup. Just emptying it into another mug is all that's necessary.

There is also a timer built into the system. After the cup is filled you have to wait for a certain period of time before you can use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the time period - 10, 15 minutes or 1 hour? Some people can get very thirsty at times.

We have used these machines at a sub shop. They are pretty nifty! We don't drink that much pop to get the soda package. Makes for a great variety each day! I will have to go check them out while we on on Explorer in October. (even though I won't be able to get any pop. Will be interesting watching others)

As far as i've heard, these machines will NOT be on Explorer of The Seas for my cruise on August 16th, then again, I asked someone on the Royal Caribbean website chat, and according to stuff i've read here, they are always wrong! I'd like to try out this machine, we all have the soda package coming to us for this cruise.

Just back from the Explorer Aug. 2 – 11. The soda machines were installed during our cruise but only activated on the last day, as a trial run. Soda was free the entire day so I did not have the opportunity to see how it will work once it’s fully operational. People were having fun experimenting with the differnt flavors. Passengers leaving on their cruise today will have a nice surprise.

I was told passengers will either need to have the soda cup purchased with the soda package or show their Seapass card to a waiter to fill your cup.

Happy sailing!

No sharing of one cup. Just emptying it into another mug is all that's necessary.

What's the time period - 10, 15 minutes or 1 hour? Some people can get very thirsty at times.

This would never fly on a cruise ship. Someone would be getting yelled at. Either by staff or me. I don't care if they do it while I'm not around but that wouldn't happen if I was there. Sees like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Logic shows these to work and work Just fine. Who would honestly think the 15 mins or an hour for the machine to cut off. Come on. Youve lost all credibility with that comment and I'm done trying to explain things to ignorant people. Have a great day. :)

Archived