How many guests on the MS Noordam ?

lgionet

There are 959 staterooms, which would give a double-occupancy total of 1,918 - but of the 959 there are 282 triples and 153 are quads, so absolute maximum capacity is 2506 IF regulations would allow that. (They don't)

I don't know how many triples and quads are usually filled, but I would guess the average sailing has around 2100 passengers aboard.

Here are the statistics for all HAL ships in one table:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/news/FastFacts.pdf

There are 959 staterooms, which would give a double-occupancy total of 1,918 - but of the 959 there are 282 triples and 153 are quads, so absolute maximum capacity is 2506 IF regulations would allow that. (They don't)

How many passengers do regulations allow? What is your source for saying it is less than 2506?

How many passengers do regulations allow? What is your source for saying it is less than 2506?
I don't know what regulations allow, but I've read posts here over the years that have said people weren't allowed to book a triple or quad on a ship, even though the room was available, because that would have put the ship over the limit. I believe these limits are imposed by the US Coast Guard.

Wait a while, and I'll bet that someone with first-hand experience on this will post. :)

The MAX passenger capacity on ms Noordam is 2,353 (plus 820 crew) according to http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-articles/12-passenger-cruise-ships-capacity
I checked a few ships (Amsterdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maasdam) and the Max capacities listed are all around 94% of the capacities calculated from the FastFacts.pdf table.

I don't know how many triples and quads are usually filled, but I would guess the average sailing has around 2100 passengers aboard.

Here are the statistics for all HAL ships in one table:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/news/FastFacts.pdf

Thank you for that fact sheet. Very helpful!

The MAX passenger capacity on ms Noordam is 2,353 (plus 820 crew) according to http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-articles/12-passenger-cruise-ships-capacity
Thank you, Salacia.

mainly, there are customers onboard. i suppose it is possible there are some guests, but i doubt there are many.
I am with you on this, CtheW0rld, but one of the definitions of "guest" is "patron".

I noticed in that FastFacts.pdf that for just two ships the Capacity listed in the first row does not equal twice the total numbers of cabins - the Noordam and the Prinsendam. The P-dam capacity is shown as 835 for 434 cabins, and in fact there are three single cabins on her (the only ones in the fleet) so the 835 makes sense. I think the correct figure for the Noordam is 1918, not the 1924 shown, since it has one more cabin than the Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zuiderdam which are all listed at 1916.

Archived