Boarding Summit with Golf Clubs

joelmarj

We leave on Sunday for Bermuda with our golf clubs in hand. I understand they don't take them at the curb with your bags and that you have to carry them on board. Does anyone know what the process is for this? Do we take them through security, to check in, into the waiting area, onto the bus and then on board?

Then what happens when we board and the cabins aren't ready?

Any input and/or advise from fellow golfers that have made the trek?

We leave on Sunday for Bermuda with our golf clubs in hand. I understand they don't take them at the curb with your bags and that you have to carry them on board. Does anyone know what the process is for this? Do we take them through security, to check in, into the waiting area, onto the bus and then on board?

What? Never heard that, but I've not taken my sticks on a cruise ship.

I would think it would be the same as checking your clubs on a flight. Certainly have have a protective bag, like a piece of luggage? Why wouldn't they take them at the curb with your luggage?

I checked two beach chairs and one beach umbrella on our Summit cruise a couple of months ago.

Hi you two! Great picture of you.

Karyn

I would imagine they would not take your clubs if they are not packed in hard cases because they won't want to be responsible for the damage. If you travel a lot with your clubs you really should get a hard case for them. Those typically cost $150 to $200.

We boarded Infinity in Sydney for the Christmas cruise to New Zealand and they confiscated them for security reasons. We had to notify them when they would be needed and they had them at the gangway when we left to play golf. After two ports in New Zealand nobody seemed to care and they ended up in the cabin.

I would imagine they would not take your clubs if they are not packed in hard cases because they won't want to be responsible for the damage. If you travel a lot with your clubs you really should get a hard case for them. Those typically cost $150 to $200.

We have travel bags as we travel all the time with them. That's not the issue. I read on here somewhere that they do not check them and you carry them on. That's why I am looking for details from someone who has sailed on Summit with clubs. I am searching for the original post I saw it on to see who it was that posted it but no luck so far.

We boarded Infinity in Sydney for the Christmas cruise to New Zealand and they confiscated them for security reasons. We had to notify them when they would be needed and they had them at the gangway when we left to play golf. After two ports in New Zealand nobody seemed to care and they ended up in the cabin.

This would be great. I'd love to not have to deal with them. We will be in a suite so there is plenty of room. I'd rather just not deal with it when boarding.

We have never been on the Sumit however my husband and I have been on many Bermuda Cruises out of Bayonne on Celebrity and RCL. My husband always takes his clubs he just carries them on.

He never even asked if they would take them with the luggage because he really wouldnt care if they lost his luggage but NOT THE GOLF CLUBS. I guess the golfers out there would understand. When he went through security he just had to put them through the machine just like any carry on luggage.

Anyway it was never a problem, he just carried them on. If the cabins were available he would just go put them in the cabin if not we just went up the buffet and found a table near a wall or window where they wouln't be in the way and had a nice lunch until the cabin was ready. ILike I said, it was never a problem.

He loves golfing in Bermuda. Have a great time.

Archived